Enemy Fan Forums: Chicago Bears Week 17

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Purple Domination
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Enemy Fan Forums: Chicago Bears Week 17

Post by Purple Domination »

First of all, I apologize, I know I am not doing this right. I am posting from my phone as I sit here at a hotel bar waiting for a wedding to start. Instead of copying individual posts, I am linking relevant threads below. Please feel free to add on.

Some interesting takes here. Many of the Bears fans are picking the Vikings to win and there are some different opinions about who they’d rather face in the playoffs. Everyone is high on Trubisky (I didn’t realize he had over 3,000 yards in 13 games) and not surprisingly don’t have much respect for Cousins. Some of their fans realize we have been using Cook more and those seem to be the fans that are most concerned with playing us week 1.

Week 17 // Bears (11-4) @ Vikings (8-6-1)

https://www.bearsfansonline.com/forum/v ... =2&t=13120

I am torn... who do we want to face?

https://www.bearsfansonline.com/forum/v ... =2&t=13119

***OFFICIAL*** Bears @ Vikings (Week 17) IGT — Keep Minnesota out edition
Week 17

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/show ... ut-edition

Vegas says Bears gets romped

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/show ... ets-romped

Bears and Vikes Overall Rankings for Defense and Offense

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/show ... nd-Offense

Minnesota Vikings Look a like Thread

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/show ... ike-Thread
S197
Fenrir

Re: Enemy Fan Forums: Chicago Bears Week 17

Post by S197 »

Interesting in the "keep us out" thread the one dude is worried about their kicker. Also the one fan who thinks we're a dirty team...
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

^ I think I remember their kicker Parkey having struggles early on, but it seems every time I watch them hoping they lose, he never ends up missing.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

S197 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:05 pm Interesting in the "keep us out" thread the one dude is worried about their kicker. Also the one fan who thinks we're a dirty team...
Only an idiot would think the Vikings are a dirty team.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Not a single Bears fan is afraid of Cousins. Not one. I guess they now a good QB when they see one, and they have one. We dont.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:44 pm Not a single Bears fan is afraid of Cousins. Not one. I guess they now a good QB when they see one, and they have one. We dont.
You think Mitch is a good QB?
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

YikesVikes wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:21 pm
PurpleKoolaid wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:44 pm Not a single Bears fan is afraid of Cousins. Not one. I guess they now a good QB when they see one, and they have one. We dont.
So far, so good, yeah
Purple Domination
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Purple Domination »

If you can contain his running, I see nothing to fear from Mitch Trubisky. He’s a young QB, though, and that would be my reason for optimism if I were a Bears fan.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:55 pm
YikesVikes wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:21 pm

So far, so good, yeah
Mitch is currently a good gadget QB. Maybe it's just me but I prefer a QB who can read defenses and throw like we've got in Cousins.

Mitch is definitely a slippery guy though who can run. I hope we keep him in the pocket today and force him to be a QB.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

TSonn wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:32 am
PurpleKoolaid wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:55 pm

So far, so good, yeah
Mitch is currently a good gadget QB. Maybe it's just me but I prefer a QB who can read defenses and throw like we've got in Cousins.

Mitch is definitely a slippery guy though who can run. I hope we keep him in the pocket today and force him to be a QB.
Whats a good gadget QB? Is that what you would call Russel Wilson?

What makes you think Cousins can read D's? His lack of INTs? His not protecting the ball? He is good if he just has to make one read. After thats its usual bad. Did you see him in WAS? Guess how many winning teams he beat. 4
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:01 am

What makes you think Cousins can read D's? His lack of INTs? His not protecting the ball? He is good if he just has to make one read. After thats its usual bad. Did you see him in WAS? Guess how many winning teams he beat. 4
I literally try to avoid these pissing matches comparing one player to another. But I’ve been beating this drum forever that fans in general seem to be so hard on their own team because they are so involved, and highly overrate other players that you see some awesome hilights of some nights on nfl live.

Kirk is better than Mitch in almost every qb category you can find. He almost has more completions than Mitch even has attempts. More td’s. Less interceptions. Way more passing yards. Higher completion percentage. Higher passer rating. Way more plays of 20+ yards. It’s honestly everything.

I’m not suggesting Kirk is the next Tom Brady. But to act like he’s just an awful qb and so many others around the league are much better, including Mitch fricking Trubisky is tough to swallow and literally nothing supports that. Kirk is a top 10 qb by almost any measure.....Mitch is not.
i'm ready for a beer.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

PurpleKoolaid wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:01 am

I guess I'd define a gadget QB as a QB where the defensive game plan is to force them to stay in the pocket and throw. Where a team is more afraid of the QB's legs rather than his arm.

If the Vikings keep Trubisky under 15 yards running today (and next week!), they'll expect to win the game.

I'm curious where the idea that Cousins only makes one read is coming from? If there's a knock on Cousins (besides not winning the big game), it's that he's mechanical in the pocket going through his reads which opens him up to holding the ball too long and getting sacked/fumbling.