2018 Season General Thread (News, Notes, Interviews, etc)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Re: 2018 Season General Thread (News, Notes, Interviews, etc)

Post by halfgiz »

This is a surprise...
@DailyNorseman
2h
In a bit of a surprise, the #Vikings are reportedly bringing in the #CFL MVP, quarterback Bo Levi Mitchell, for a workout on Wednesday. #NFL #Skol (h/t @CFLonTSN) dailynorseman.com/2018/12/4/1812…
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

halfgiz wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:34 pm This is a surprise...
@DailyNorseman
2h
In a bit of a surprise, the #Vikings are reportedly bringing in the #CFL MVP, quarterback Bo Levi Mitchell, for a workout on Wednesday. #NFL #Skol (h/t @CFLonTSN) dailynorseman.com/2018/12/4/1812…
That will help our OL.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

That guy was actually a really good college Q for Eastern Washington. One of the better in the nation, it was just for an an FCS school. I'm not exactly sure whey they felt compelled to make this move, but if they can find a way to roster this guy, I wouldn't be mad.
Punkoholic
Rookie

Post by Punkoholic »

Don't really follow the CFL because it's the CFL but if Bo Levi Mitchell ends with the Vikings organization I would be happy. From my favorite CFL team to my favorite NFL team. It would suck if he leaves the Stamps since he's been a force for a couple of years but if he went to the Vikes it wouldn't be as bad for me. I like the Vikings more than the Stamps. Jeff Garcia thinks he has what it takes to make the NFL. I think he's the same age as Garcia when he went to the NFL and similar story as well (coming off a Grey Cup win and think Garcia was the MVP as well). I wonder if he would be behind Sloter in the depth chart. Apparently he's meeting with other teams (or at least been contacted).
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Sounds like they have interest in a CFL CB too.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

I read that Morgan was back today. That will be huge. He is a great blocker and can catch the ball well too. That should help our OL a bit.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

This is interesting:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/12/11/john- ... ta-vikings
Stefanski has never called plays, but he has worked with quarterbacks, tight ends and running backs under multiple Vikings coaching staffs. More importantly, it is believed by some around the NFL that Stefanski, not Shurmur, was behind many of the details of Minnesota’s passing game last year.
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »

Mothman wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:47 pm This is interesting:

Stefanski has never called plays, but he has worked with quarterbacks, tight ends and running backs under multiple Vikings coaching staffs. More importantly, it is believed by some around the NFL that Stefanski, not Shurmur, was behind many of the details of Minnesota’s passing game last year.
Stop that. You're getting my hopes up.
Damian
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

What I found interesting during yesterday's broadcast was the mention that teams wanted to bring in Stefanski for head coaching interviews. I had only heard about Shurmur wanting to interview for OC.

Regardless, If Minnesota wins out and makes the playoffs, there's a chance he doesn't come back to the Vikings next season.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

PacificNorseWest wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:34 pm What I found interesting during yesterday's broadcast was the mention that teams wanted to bring in Stefanski for head coaching interviews. I had only heard about Shurmur wanting to interview for OC.

Regardless, If Minnesota wins out and makes the playoffs, there's a chance he doesn't come back to the Vikings next season.
I guarantee hell be back with the Vikings next season as their OC. He won't go to HC yet unless they score 55 points in every game from now on.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Mothman wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:47 pm This is interesting:

I could see it... If he's good at coaching the QBs I could see how he could HELP Keenum with the details.
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »

Dalvin Cook is NFC Offensive Player of the Week.

https://www.vikings.com/news/dalvin-coo ... f-the-week

Nice honor for him.
Damian
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Dames wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:38 am Dalvin Cook is NFC Offensive Player of the Week.

https://www.vikings.com/news/dalvin-coo ... f-the-week

Nice honor for him.
Yes!
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Matt Nagy said after the Week 16 win that he won’t rest any starters if the team still has any playoff seeding to play for, and nothing that happens in the slate of noon games will affect the Bears’ ability to move up or down in the bracket.
In other words, the Bears will have something to play for next weekend so it looks like the Vikings will be playing against Chicago's starters.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Mothman wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:25 am
Matt Nagy said after the Week 16 win that he won’t rest any starters if the team still has any playoff seeding to play for, and nothing that happens in the slate of noon games will affect the Bears’ ability to move up or down in the bracket.
In other words, the Bears will have something to play for next weekend so it looks like the Vikings will be playing against Chicago's starters.
With Seattle winning, there's no backing in now (I don't see Philly losing to Washington). I don't know what's worse, winning to get in or losing in the first round of the playoffs. I take solace in the Vikings will find a way to do the worse of the two.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly