Miami vs. Minnesota...who WINS?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Purplepain2018
Backup

Miami vs. Minnesota...who WINS?

Post by Purplepain2018 »

The Vikings have potentially played their worst football of the year over the last four weeks(except for the Packers game) and at the wrong time of the year. The offense cannot move the ball let alone score. We start running the ball for positive yards and then the Vikings decide oh we better start throwing the ball again. Truth be told, defenses are playing us differently as well. Adam Thielen and Stefon Diggs are now getting double covered at times to take them away. My question would be: okay, if they are doubled that means that somebody has to be open or single covered and that is the job of the offensive coordinator and quarterback to figure where those single covered receivers are and get them the ball. Obviously, that was not happening over the last couple of games and the running games was not being utilized, thus that is how you get a fired offensive coordinator.

Moving onto Sunday's games with Miami...I think the Vikings will bounce back here and get it done. They need this win BAD...and so I think the offense shows signs of life and the defense gets back to form. Final score: Miami 17 Minnesota 27
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Re: Miami vs. Minnesota...who WINS?

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Since Miami is a Winning team, they will win. Cousins cant win those games and Zimmer cant coach them.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

This is a very winnable game and one I expect the offense to do well n for a change. Miami is 8th in points given up, 5th in yards and has the 3rd lowest sack percentage in the NFL. I had assumed their defense was solid since Osweiler was the QB for much of the year and they still had a winning record, but it turns out it is pretty bad.

How does a team that has an offense as bad as ours and no defense have a better record than the Vikings? How in the heck did they beat the Bears and the Pats? Baffling.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

No predictions from me. Do I think we should win? Yes. We have a better roster, even if they're not playing like it. But in this topsy-turvy season, nothing is a sure thing.

This Miami team should never beat the Vikings in Minnesota. The Dolphins this year are 1-5 on the road, with their only road win coming against the Jets. The Vikings are still reasonably tough at home, and Las Vegas has us as 7-point favorites after the line opened at a whopping -9.5.

We're the better team, and we should win this game. Sadly, it will not surprise me if we lose.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

I really hope the Vikings can pull it out but I've got serious doubts. We seem to basically be "the best bad team" if that makes sense. They can beat any of the losing teams but as soon as a team is average it seems they can't hang. This is especially true of our offense. It seems to me that the defense will generally hang in there but end up dragging #### by the 4th quarter thanks to the 3 and outs

In that vein, I expect that they'll lose to Miami. It *feels* like the Vikings have the better roster but I can't tell anymore. If an entire unit of the team is terrible can we really say we have a better roster?
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Team with the least amount of turnovers...And that's anybody guess.
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

If OL can block we win.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I don't know if I have ever been as cjnfused before a game. I have no idea what to expect, other than likely a slow, flat start by the Vikings. I would like to see 28-12 vikings (because I get $50 if the score ends in a 2 and 8)... But I have a feeling it will be 17-13 or something.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Dmizzle0 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:52 am If OL can block we win.
That's basically as good as saying we'll lose, isn't it? lol
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

Cliff wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:15 am
Dmizzle0 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:52 am If OL can block we win.
That's basically as good as saying we'll lose, isn't it? lol
Sad but true. We haven't in years...don't know why they'd just start on Sunday...

Tongue in cheek though. I think the Vikes win this one by a couple scores
i'm ready for a beer.
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »

vikeinmontana wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:09 am I think the Vikes win this one by a couple scores
I feel optimistic about this Miami game, and hopefully it's not wishful thinking. I think they'll come out and play well. That tends to happen a lot after a coaching change. It doesn't always last, but it usually does create a spark for a game or 2. My guess is mentally it wakes everyone up.
Damian
VikeFanInEagleLand
Transition Player

Post by VikeFanInEagleLand »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:44 am No predictions from me. Do I think we should win? Yes. We have a better roster, even if they're not playing like it. But in this topsy-turvy season, nothing is a sure thing.

This Miami team should never beat the Vikings in Minnesota. The Dolphins this year are 1-5 on the road, with their only road win coming against the Jets. The Vikings are still reasonably tough at home, and Las Vegas has us as 7-point favorites after the line opened at a whopping -9.5.

We're the better team, and we should win this game. Sadly, it will not surprise me if we lose.
Yeah, that 1-5 stat can be a little misleading though. Tannehill only played in three of those and was 1-2. But the two losses were against NE and a FG loss to the Colts when the Colts were playing well. But I do agree that the Vikings put more talent on the field than the Dolphins.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

If the Viking offense ends up with more than 35-40 total pass attempts, I think they lose, or, if they win, it will be on a last gasp desperation drive where they manage to score.

The reason I think the Vikes lose if they can't run it or don't stick with the run is that Miami has some very good edge rushers and they will likely put a lot of pressure on Cousins, plus, I think the formula for shutting down Diggs and Thielen is out there now and defensive coordinators will copy it until the Vikes show they can find ways to consistently get them the ball or effectively find and exploit the opportunities that are there when Thielen and Diggs are being doubled. So far, that hasn't happened.

If there is one saving grace in this upcoming game for me, it's that the Vikings are at home and the defense has been playing well enough to keep games close for the most part. They haven't been lights-out, but good enough, especially given how pathetic and ineffective the offense has been lately.

This is a critical game for Zimmer's future as head coach IMHO. Miami is a good team, but if there is a game remaining on the schedule that Zimmer really has no excuse to lose, it's this one. He's got to show he can get his team ready for a game like this and they will come out and play with some passion and focus. If they come out flat, sloppy or ineffective yet again, Zimmer is going to find a lot more people starting to doubt he is the right man for the head coaching job going forward.
GermanViking29
Rookie

Post by GermanViking29 »

Vikings win largely. Take the over
VikingBolt
Starter

Post by VikingBolt »

As my user name shows, I am a Vikings fan and a Chargers(Bolts) fan. In my humble opinion, the problem with both teams (for years, now) is they didn't play with HEART. However, the Chargers did just that coming back from way behind to win the game. Talent is great to have, but the players must have the heart and mental incentive to win. When the Vikings get that, they will win.
Go Vikes!