Rhodes injury update

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Rhodes injury update

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Apparently it's very mild. Don't know how long that will keep him out but very happy it's not worse.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailyn ... ta-vikings
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Rhodes injury update

Post by YikesVikes »

He will miss 4 games. We always lie on the injury report.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

I guess it all depends on whom you believe.

Minneapolis Star Tribune headline:
Vikings cornerback Xavier Rhodes' hamstring injury not serious

St. Paul Pioneer Press headline:
Vikings’ Xavier Rhodes hamstring injury could end his season, ex-NFL team doctor speculates

Of course, this entire article is based on a doctor simply looking at replay of the video. Nothing else.

My guess ... we'll know Sunday. Not before.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:15 am I guess it all depends on whom you believe.

Minneapolis Star Tribune headline:
Vikings cornerback Xavier Rhodes' hamstring injury not serious

St. Paul Pioneer Press headline:
Vikings’ Xavier Rhodes hamstring injury could end his season, ex-NFL team doctor speculates

Of course, this entire article is based on a doctor simply looking at replay of the video. Nothing else.

My guess ... we'll know Sunday. Not before.
The latest news is that it is not an avulsion, so his season is not over and he will not need surgery. As for the timeline of when to expect him back? I haven't seen anything but fan speculation yet.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Expect the Pats to pick on Hill. I just hope Rhodes is back for Seattle.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:50 am Expect the Pats to pick on Hill. I just hope Rhodes is back for Seattle.
The good thing is, they dont have much to pick on him with. Their WRs are pretty underwhelming. We didnt have Rhodes against the best pass offense in the NFL in New Orleans and we shut Brees down to his lowest passing total ever by a long shot. If Waynes shadows Gordon, Hill can run with any of their WRs.

As for offense, I just hope that Flip isnt saying "oh we're playing Tom Brady, we gotta throw non-stop and go toe to toe with him". Run the damn ball or Belichik is going to eat you alive.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:04 pmAs for offense, I just hope that Flip isnt saying "oh we're playing Tom Brady, we gotta throw non-stop and go toe to toe with him". Run the damn ball or Belichik is going to eat you alive.
I've got mixed feelings about this. I understand the value or the running game and want to see it more ... but it's also basically saying "we need to use the weakest link on the team more!". The team averages 3.9 yards per rush which ranks just shy of last. How much more do we really want them to run it?

Additionally, we've got one of the best receiving corps in the league and just used a lot of resources on a good QB. Tom Brady is an all time great to be sure but his weapons aren't great right now. If we can't go toe to toe on offense with just about any team given the weapons there what was the point of getting Cousins? Cousins is also beating Brady in nearly every statistical category.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Cliff wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:17 pm
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:04 pmAs for offense, I just hope that Flip isnt saying "oh we're playing Tom Brady, we gotta throw non-stop and go toe to toe with him". Run the damn ball or Belichik is going to eat you alive.
I've got mixed feelings about this. I understand the value or the running game and want to see it more ... but it's also basically saying "we need to use the weakest link on the team more!". The team averages 3.9 yards per rush which ranks just shy of last. How much more do we really want them to run it?

Additionally, we've got one of the best receiving corps in the league and just used a lot of resources on a good QB. Tom Brady is an all time great to be sure but his weapons aren't great right now. If we can't go toe to toe on offense with just about any team given the weapons there what was the point of getting Cousins? Cousins is also beating Brady in nearly every statistical category.
Here's the problem, we have VERY good RBs. TWO of them no less. It's not like we're fielding Matt Asiata. These guys are volume backs. More so Murray than Cook. Murray isnt going to have 5 carries for 65 yards. He needs volume. He's a poor man's AP. Cook can explode at any point but also, needs to touch the ball more. Find ways to run the football! Not just bury it up the gut and hope for the best. Flip needs to be creative here.

We signed Cousins to elevate this offense but Cousins doesnt need to carry the weight. It's not like it's only him and he's surrounded by dud RBs and/or WRs. We established enough run game vs. GB with 5-6 yard gains early. That alone keeps the defense honest. By straying away from that, we become one dimensional and it puts Cousins at a higher risk given how poor our OL is. If we establish a run game, it makes our play action DEADLY. And there is nobody better at hiding the ball on play action than Cousins.

Again, if we had Asiata out there, I would say yeah, Kirk is gonna have to carry the load. But we have two studs and arguably the best tandem out there that have gotten WAY less volume than pretty much any other RBs out there. These guys can break a game wide open. Matt Asiata couldnt. I mean the Seahawks have the #1 run offense in the NFL. Wilson helps that but still, there is not a single RB on that team that is better than Cook or Murray. AND they have a worse OL than we do. So nobody should be saying it cant be done (not saying you are). This is a Flip problem and a Flip problem only.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

I moved our discussion about the run game here, PHP.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36934
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Zimmer just said there's a good chance Rhodes plays Sunday.

I don't believe him.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

dead_poet wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:06 pm Zimmer just said there's a good chance Rhodes plays Sunday.

I don't believe him.
Me neither, he's Belicheking Belichek.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

dead_poet wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:06 pm Zimmer just said there's a good chance Rhodes plays Sunday.

I don't believe him.
If Rhodes plays ill tattoo his name on my left butt cheek.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:00 pm

I don't believe him.
Will you tattoo closed on the right one?
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

S197 wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:13 pm
PurpleMustReign wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:00 pm

Only if he gets an int.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:40 pm
S197 wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:13 pm

Only if he gets an int.
This thread took a turn.

Let me know if you need a notary.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly