Vikings-Bears Post Game Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

MegatronFozzy
Waterboy

Re: Vikings-Bears Post Game Thread

Post by MegatronFozzy »

No lie, Eddie Jackson may be a better safety than Harrison Smith when you align careers together.

I am completely salty about that.
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

Watching the bears winning these ugly games is just killing me. It's I guess there defense is that intimidating. It's like they put a weird hex on their opponent's offense or something....
Last edited by Dmizzle0 on Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Dmizzle0 wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:43 pm Watching the bears winning these ugly games are just killing me. It's I guess there defense is that intimidating. It's like they put a weird hex on their opponent's offense or something....
It reminds me of their Super Bowl team from a few years back.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:03 pm
Dmizzle0 wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:43 pm Watching the bears winning these ugly games are just killing me. It's I guess there defense is that intimidating. It's like they put a weird hex on their opponent's offense or something....

I will say, Stafford sucks. How can you not beat a team that’s starting a QB that hasn’t thrown a pass in two years? It goes to show how good Calvin Johnson really was. Because since he’s been gone, Stafford has been in a steep decline. Some of his throws today were just terrible. He’s been there how many years now and has been to the playoffs once?
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:45 pm
PurpleMustReign wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:03 pm

I will say, Stafford sucks. How can you not beat a team that’s starting a QB that hasn’t thrown a pass in two years? It goes to show how good Calvin Johnson really was. Because since he’s been gone, Stafford has been in a steep decline. Some of his throws today were just terrible. He’s been there how many years now and has been to the playoffs once?
I agree, but I think losing Golden Tate had more of an effect on him. Either way, I have always said Stafford is one of the most overrated players in the history of the NFL. His numbers are horribly inflated because he's never had a running game and because Detroit gers blown out so much he has to throw all the time.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

VikingLord wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:48 pmAre you actually back Jim? I know you popped in a few times last year, but if you're back-back that is great! Board isn't the same without your contributions and insights.
Thank you. I appreciate that.

As you can tell from my delayed response, it's still difficult for me to find time to post frequently. However, I'm hoping to check in a little more frequently during the rest of the season.
The main thought that goes through my head when I watch the Rams or the Chiefs is, what do they do if the offense falters? What do they have to rely on? The Rams have a defense that I think can play, although it has some shaky components. The Chiefs are offense-or-bust I think. Very good on offense, sure, but kind of one-dimensional.
They both look like they may need to ride their offenses as far as they can go (which, admittedly, could be far).

The Saints look like they might be the most complete team in the NFC right now.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Mothman wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:50 am
VikingLord wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:48 pmAre you actually back Jim? I know you popped in a few times last year, but if you're back-back that is great! Board isn't the same without your contributions and insights.
Thank you. I appreciate that.

As you can tell from my delayed response, it's still difficult for me to find time to post frequently. However, I'm hoping to check in a little more frequently during the rest of the season.
The main thought that goes through my head when I watch the Rams or the Chiefs is, what do they do if the offense falters? What do they have to rely on? The Rams have a defense that I think can play, although it has some shaky components. The Chiefs are offense-or-bust I think. Very good on offense, sure, but kind of one-dimensional.
They both look like they may need to ride their offenses as far as they can go (which, admittedly, could be far).

The Saints look like they might be the most complete team in the NFC right now.
The Saints don't have much for defense. Honestly I think the Vikings are the most complete team in the Nfc, and you know I am far from a Homer. I just hope they can play compete games from here on out.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:01 amThe Saints don't have much for defense.
They've been very good in that department lately, which is why I think they look like the most complete team in the conference right now (emphasis on those last two words). They've allowed a total of 38 points over the last 3 games, holding all 3 opponents to 17 or less. They've scored 130 points over that same span! If they keep playing at anywhere close to that level, they'll be tough to stop.
Honestly I think the Vikings are the most complete team in the Nfc, and you know I am far from a Homer. I just hope they can play compete games from here on out.
You really are a homer! :)

It's hard for me to see a team with the Vikes OL and running game woes as anywhere close to complete right now, especially after just seeing them play a pretty poor game a week ago.