Lions pregame thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Lions pregame thread

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Must win. Should win. Glad Tate is gone.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Re: Lions pregame thread

Post by halfgiz »

And we get Pete Morelli for the Lions game. :oops:
Purple Domination
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Purple Domination »

The Lions are usually good for our “fluke” game of the season. Seeing as we already have had a few of those, I am hoping those are all used up.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Purple Domination wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:14 pm The Lions are usually good for our “fluke” game of the season. Seeing as we already have had a few of those, I am hoping those are all used up.
They've beat us at home in three of the last four years.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

halfgiz wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:06 am And we get Pete Morelli for the Lions game. :oops:
Then we are screwed already. Morelli and his crew are more to blame for the Saints going to bvb the SB in the 08-09 season than Dirty Greg William's and Bountygate and Favres int at end of game. He and his crews horrible calls were blatantly in favor of the NFL wanting the Saints to go to the SB because of the Katrina disaster. It is sickening to go back in my mind and remember the things they did to help the Vikes lose. I still remember Rich Eisen calling that game "The game of the ghost calls" and showing the PI penalty on Leber when the Saints WR fell and Leber was 3 steps behind him and that kept a N.O. scoring drive alive. Then when Pierre Thomas went over the top and did get a 1st down, but fumbled the ball, and it was recovered by a lineman behind the 1st down line, on 4th down. Should have been Vikes ball, but gave N.O. 1st down and they ended up scoring.
I could go on and on, but I'm just getting more pissed as I type.
Bottom line is that jerk Morelli always tries to screw us in every game he calls for us, so we better make it very dominating. He needs to retire and stick with being an elementary school principle.
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
UKno1VIKING
Transition Player

Post by UKno1VIKING »

Bowhunting Viking wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:47 pm
halfgiz wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:06 am And we get Pete Morelli for the Lions game. :oops:
Then we are screwed already. Morelli and his crew are more to blame for the Saints going to bvb the SB in the 08-09 season than Dirty Greg William's and Bountygate and Favres int at end of game. He and his crews horrible calls were blatantly in favor of the NFL wanting the Saints to go to the SB because of the Katrina disaster. It is sickening to go back in my mind and remember the things they did to help the Vikes lose. I still remember Rich Eisen calling that game "The game of the ghost calls" and showing the PI penalty on Leber when the Saints WR fell and Leber was 3 steps behind him and that kept a N.O. scoring drive alive. Then when Pierre Thomas went over the top and did get a 1st down, but fumbled the ball, and it was recovered by a lineman behind the 1st down line, on 4th down. Should have been Vikes ball, but gave N.O. 1st down and they ended up scoring.
Bottom line is that jerk Morelli always tries to screw us in every game he calls for us, so we better make it very dominating. He needs to retire and stick with being an elementary school principle.
Don't forget Shiancoe being basically raped, and no P.I call was given.
I couldn't agree more. The zebra crew were either incredibly stupid that day, or they were told to let the Saints win. Plus they allowed the Saints to play like they did.
It still hurts even now.
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

UKno1VIKING wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:13 am
Bowhunting Viking wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:47 pm
I couldn't agree more. The zebra crew were either incredibly stupid that day, or they were told to let the Saints win. Plus they allowed the Saints to play like they did.
It still hurts even now.
Oh believe me we could go on and on about calls that day. And the way they allowed N.O. did half kill Favre every chance they could. There will NEVER be anyone that could convince me that the NFL wanted to be sure the Saints got to the SB. The most 1sided blatantly called game I've ever seen, WAY worse than the Steelers-Seahawks SB game. And it isn't the last time Morelli's crew has hosed us. Whenever I saw Morelli, and thank God the now retired Ron Winters, and their crews were calling our games I knew we had to blow the opponent out.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by StumpHunter »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:27 am
Purple Domination wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:14 pm The Lions are usually good for our “fluke” game of the season. Seeing as we already have had a few of those, I am hoping those are all used up.
They've beat us at home in three of the last four years.
They haven't played our starting QB at home in 3 of our last 4 years.

It isn't like they play great here, we have just played poorly.
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

Well I was going to say that this is the game that Diggs will go off in but I guess his injury is keeping him out of practice this week. The injury plague is killing us this year :cry: . Is Cook still doubtful?
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Ian Rappaport just reported that it does look like Cook has a real possibility of playing this week. I would think with the bye wk coming up they would really give him a very limited role, or not bbn play him at all.
By all reports I've read Diggs rib issue is more of a pain tolerance thing and basically just resting him. Probably get the needle in the ribs and will be out there. Hope that's the case.
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

Bowhunting Viking wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:38 am Probably get the needle in the ribs and will be out there. Hope that's the case.
Ouch!
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Bowhunting Viking wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:04 am
UKno1VIKING wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:13 am

It still hurts even now.
Oh believe me we could go on and on about calls that day. And the way they allowed N.O. did half kill Favre every chance they could. There will NEVER be anyone that could convince me that the NFL wanted to be sure the Saints got to the SB. The most 1sided blatantly called game I've ever seen, WAY worse than the Steelers-Seahawks SB game. And it isn't the last time Morelli's crew has hosed us. Whenever I saw Morelli, and thank God the now retired Ron Winters, and their crews were calling our games I knew we had to blow the opponent out.
Wasn't he the ref for that Ravens game in the snow where they called a horrendous pass interfere on Greenway?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Fran the Man
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Fran the Man »

Bowhunting Viking wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:38 am Ian Rappaport just reported that it does look like Cook has a real possibility of playing this week. I would think with the bye wk coming up they would really give him a very limited role, or not bbn play him at all.
By all reports I've read Diggs rib issue is more of a pain tolerance thing and basically just resting him. Probably get the needle in the ribs and will be out there. Hope that's the case.
Shoot, I hope they don't play Cook at all. Hammy's notoriously take a long time to heal. He should stay off the field until after the Bye.
Don't pick a fight with an old Viking. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.
AngryVike
Waterboy

Post by AngryVike »

If Cook plays I'm sure he'll be on a pitch count, maybe 7-9 touches. Gee wiz!! When is this kid going to start carrying the load? This kid is special. Believe me. I paid close attention to him while he was at FSU. His vision and knack for finding gaps is uncanny. But I'm with those who say he should sit until after the bye. I want that hammy HEALED!
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Fran the Man wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:48 pm
Bowhunting Viking wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:38 am Ian Rappaport just reported that it does look like Cook has a real possibility of playing this week. I would think with the bye wk coming up they would really give him a very limited role, or not bbn play him at all.
Shoot, I hope they don't play Cook at all. Hammy's notoriously take a long time to heal. He should stay off the field until after the Bye.
My thoughts exactly. If his hammy is that close to being considered fully ready, and the way Murray has been running the ball, why bring him in for the game before ur bye wk. Give it 2 more weeks to heal and then by hopefully turn him loose. As said, if he does indeed play in would think it's on a very small pitch count. Maybe just a few plays to boost a little confidence and knock some rust off. Hammy injuries just plain suck.
Beginning to think there is something in the Minny water they are drinking that is attacking the hamstrings and groin areas. Cook, Barr, Roc, Sendejo... hell I even saw a report that our kicking tee retriever, 2 ball boys and the Gatorade mixer are all listed as doubtful this wk with hamstring issues :lol: