Kirk Cousins is setting franchise records and Adam Thielen just broke a Randy Moss record

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Kirk Cousins is setting franchise records and Adam Thielen just broke a Randy Moss record

Post by 720pete »

Lest we forgot about the Vikings offense in light of our terrible defensive play, I wanted to highlight this.
In passing for 422 yards, Cousins set a franchise record for most passing yards through four games. His accuracy and rapport with Adam Thielen and Stefon Diggs is difficult for any defense to defend. Thielen's 473 receiving yards through four games are the most by a Vikings receiver, breaking Randy Moss' mark from 2003.
Yes our defense is in shambles, but is anyone else excited about what Cousins can do? I think if we had Keenum out there we would have lost 38-13 last night.
StumpHunter
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Kirk Cousins is setting franchise records and Adam Thielen just broke a Randy Moss record

Post by StumpHunter »

We've played one good defense all year and scored 6 pts in garbage time when we did.

I would love to see this offense take it to a legit D at some point this season before I get on board the Cousins bandwagon. Even Keenum beat up on bad D's in this offense last year, and he is a backup.
MikethePurple
Veteran

Re: Kirk Cousins is setting franchise records and Adam Thielen just broke a Randy Moss record

Post by MikethePurple »

StumpHunter wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:59 am We've played one good defense all year and scored 6 pts in garbage time when we did.

I would love to see this offense take it to a legit D at some point this season before I get on board the Cousins bandwagon. Even Keenum beat up on bad D's in this offense last year, and he is a backup.
I would consider the Rams a legit D. Not saying Cousins has been consistent or doesn't have his drawbacks (major problems in his spidey sense for pass rush and the pocket, exemplified by his fumbles) but he's played pretty well in every game except for Buffalo.
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »

StumpHunter wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:59 am We've played one good defense all year and scored 6 pts in garbage time when we did.

The Rams D was ranked in the top 5-10 before last night (depending on the ranking system). I'm really not sure what you are looking for. Cousins had 1 bad game(Buffalo), but even then he finished pretty strongly. I'm guessing there isn't much that will change your mind. Cousins has been as good as advertised for us. Imagine if we had a legit O-line.
Damian
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »

720pete wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:38 am Yes our defense is in shambles, but is anyone else excited about what Cousins can do? I think if we had Keenum out there we would have lost 38-13 last night.
I'm very happy with what Cousins brings the table. No, it's not Brady or Rodgers, but it's been very, very good. The fumbles are annoying for sure, but he's kept us in 2 games that could have easily been blowouts. (GB and the Rams.)

Damn, our defense is atrocious so far this year. :(
Damian
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

I take passing records today with a grain of salt due to the rules but he has been great despite our offensive line.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Rams have a good defense. Their starting corners were out, but their defensive line is very good and defense overall is very sound. Our offensive line held up pretty well against them, at least in terms of pass blocking. Run blocking looks like it is going to be an issue for this group all year though. The Rams completely shut that down.
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:53 pm I take passing records today with a grain of salt due to the rules but he has been great despite our offensive line.
Yeah me too I think were going to see more good qbs play into their 40s with now being that you have to tap the Qbs.