Tom Johnson is back

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Tom Johnson is back

Post by Rhodes Closed »

PacificNorseWest wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:03 pm Good, cause I think they should trade for an Olineman. There's a few really bad teams out there that with a few more losses will be done for this season and willing to part ways. Get a guy in here to learn the playbook in plenty of time. Trade deadline is around week 9, so that would be an ideal time to get a new body on the team.
I dunno. I think Reiff-Elflein-Jones-Remmers-O'Niell could be a monster line if everyone stays healthy. However, if we're talking for depth purposes, sign me up.
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

Raptorman wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:08 pm The main concern is where the cap will be next year. But, if Had to bet my druthers, if it works out well, I could see then redoing Cousins contract next March, moving his salary into a signing bonus, adding a few years and lowering the overall cap hit by $10 million or so.
If... and that's a big if, we do well enough to make it to the NFC Championship, I think they'd restructure his contract. If, God forbid, we actually win the Super Bowl, I bet you dollars to donuts Cousins gets a PHAT 7-year contract and a place in the NFL HoF. :lol:
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Rhodes Closed wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:13 pm I dunno. I think Reiff-Elflein-Jones-Remmers-O'Niell could be a monster line if everyone stays healthy. However, if we're talking for depth purposes, sign me up.
I guess we'll have to wait and see. This run game right now is not Championship caliber and they're an injury away to the right player form suffering a huge blow.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Wait a minute... mychael Kendricks was a free agent? Didn't he spirn the Vikings to sign with Cleveland?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:06 pm Wait a minute... mychael Kendricks was a free agent? Didn't he spirn the Vikings to sign with Cleveland?
He did. And then he got caught with Insider Trading. So Cleveland dropped him and he signed with Seattle.

Needless to say, if Mychal Kendricks is found guilty of IT, he could face up to 25 years in Federal prison... an awful way to go out.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

He already pleaded guilty. I think his max is 10 years now...I doubt he sees that.
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »

PacificNorseWest wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:03 am He already pleaded guilty. I think his max is 10 years now...I doubt he sees that.
What a sad way for a good player to end a career. 10 years or not.
Damian
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

I'm not sure how this plays out for the 2019 campaign, but this is a solid move for 2018. Johnson can add immediate depth given his time with this defense. Great signing IMO. it shows the FO is also ALWAYS looking for opportunities.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Bowhunting Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bowhunting Viking »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:00 pm How much does Seattle hate us? :rofl:
I can't, and never will speak for anyone elae here, but to answer your question. .. Prolly about as much as I personally HATE them.. and the Packers... and the Saints.. and Drew Pearson for pushing off on Nate Wright..and Greg Williams and the dirty Saints D.. and .. wait i gotta STOP!!! Need ro start my morning with a nice cup of coffee, not a cup of purple rage :oops:
I just wanna die as a Super Bowl Champion Viking Fan!!
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

I approve this move. Tom Johnson was good for us back then he will be good for us now.
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

PacificNorseWest wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:03 am He already pleaded guilty. I think his max is 10 years now...I doubt he sees that.
Man that sucks to hear when we have his brother here. I think I read it might be 5 years he'll serve (don't quote me). Never the less what if he gets out on probation will he be able to play football? Has any athlete ever been able to play his/her prespective sport after being in prison and being on probation?
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

FullWood wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:48 pm Man that sucks to hear when we have his brother here. I think I read it might be 5 years he'll serve (don't quote me). Never the less what if he gets out on probation will he be able to play football? Has any athlete ever been able to play his/her prespective sport after being in prison and being on probation?
Michael Vick.
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

Rhodes Closed wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:32 pm Michael Vick.
thank you.