Vikings Vs. Packers Postgame Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Vikings Vs. Packers Postgame Thread

Post by FullWood »

Mothman wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:58 pm Jarius Wright would have been a handy player to have around today, eh?
Yes I believe he would
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Mothman wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:58 pm Jarius Wright would have been a handy player to have around today, eh?
Yes. Hindsight seems to show us we should have paid Wright and moved Treadwell down the depth chart. Or, heck, even keeping Kendall Wright could have been the right move.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

Treadwell's problem is he's not looking the balls into his hands. He wants to start running before he's secured it. Shouldn't be an issue for a guy in his 3rd year but he didn't have this problem in college. He's getting open, and Cousins, to his credit, kept giving him chances. As much as I want to go with my emotional reaction that he should be gone, I think the Vikings need to stick with the guy and give him a few more chances.

Carlson, I don't know. I don't think they should cut him, but they need to find a more consistent kicker while he matures. I really question the wisdom of going into this season with a rookie placekicker. As much as I want to vent on Carlson, this one is on Spielman and Zimmer.

Oh I have to give props to Sheldon Richardson. Again. Dude is an absolute beast. He has been their best defensive line player so far this season.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

TSonn wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:00 pm Yes. Hindsight seems to show us we should have paid Wright and moved Treadwell down the depth chart. Or, heck, even keeping Kendall Wright could have been the right move.
Did Kendall Wright sign with anyone?
The thoughts of Josh Gordon aren't entirely off the wall. The Vikings window of opportunity is now and we don't have time to be dicking around with guys who are clearly in over their head. To me, getting another WR AND kicker are Paramount right now if we are serious about making a run.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

No to Gordon. Didn't the report say he showed up late for practice and looked under the influence?

I thought Beebe would have been a good possession receiver
Last edited by 808vikingsfan on Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Initial overreaction for me is over... this game showed me that Cousins is a baller and can keep us in ANY game for the next 3 years even when our D looks suspect or our ST leaves 16 points off the board.

That's a good feeling.

As for Treadwell - the team will rally and root for him. Not so much Carlson. My guess is we bring in Bailey this week. Not sure if we cut Carlson right away or try them both out.
StpViking
Starter

Post by StpViking »

Everyone here just summed up perfectly how I feel about Threadwell and Carlson.

You guys left out what a great job Brian O'neil did at Right Tackle. After he came in Clay Mathews did not get close to Cousins.
White 8DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeee! Waz Up!
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

808vikingsfan wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:07 pm No to Gordon. Didn't the report say he showed up late for practice and looked under the influence?
That's sad if he gets cuts by the Browns he will probably be even worse than what he is.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Btw,this loss is on the coaches. They lose nothing by trying for a TD late in OT. Your kicker is clearly a mental case, why do you bring him in at all? I wouldn't trust him with a 18 yarder. We had green bays defense in the ropes, and thielen, diggs, and Rudolph were all going off. Try one play. My God. Be agressive for once in your life.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

According to Chris Tomasson on twitter: "Mike Zimmer said the Vikings did everything at the end they could to win"

Zimmer needs to re-think his philosophy. They had the time, field position and weapons to take a shot or two to the end zone and win that game instead of putting Carlson back out there to attempt a kick that was clearly anything but a sure thing. Instead, Zimmer played it like he had Robbie Gould on the roster.
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

StpViking wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:13 pm Everyone here just summed up perfectly how I feel about Threadwell and Carlson.

You guys left out what a great job Brian O'neil did at Right Tackle. After he came in Clay Mathews did not get close to Cousins.
Yes O'Neill did do a great job and speaking of Clay Matthews even I have to admit that wasn't roughing the passer.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Mothman wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:15 pm According to Chris Tomasson on twitter: "Mike Zimmer said the Vikings did everything at the end they could to win"

Zimmer needs to re-think his philosophy. They had the time, field position and weapons to take a shot or two to the end zone and win that game instead of putting Carlson back out there to attempt a kick that was clearly anything but a sure thing. Instead, Zimmer played it like he had Robbie Gould on the roster.
I just said the same thing. Zimmer has yet to prove to me that he has that killer instinct.
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

We try to play it safe and not make any mistakes which is why we went conservative at the end there.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

FullWood wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:16 pm Yes O'Neill did do a great job and speaking of Clay Matthews even I have to admit that wasn't roughing the passer.
It wasn't but that's what happens when your whiny player and coach piss and moan. I loved the call, but I don't agree with it.
Purple Domination
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Purple Domination »

Will we have any competition on the waiver wire for Bailey? He is the most accurate kicker in the history of the NFL. Coming off surgery, yes, but I’d rather take the chance on that than a rookie with the yips who wasn’t even that good in college. I live in Texas, and as I understand it, the Cowboys cut Bailey more because of salary cap concerns than the way he looked in camp.

If we don’t pick up Bailey, who will it be? Would we ever bring back Forbath? Always awkward after cutting him, but I say yes.