Game Day Chat or Game Day Thread?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Which Would You Prefer?

Chat Function
86%
Game Day Thread
14%

Total votes: 14

Cliff
Site Admin

Re: Game Day Chat or Game Day Thread?

Post by Cliff »

We've actually used it during a regular season game now with a decent number of people on at once.

Does everyone still feel the same? Chat better than thread on game day?
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Cliff wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:29 am We've actually used it during a regular season game now with a decent number of people on at once.

Does everyone still feel the same? Chat better than thread on game day?
So much better. Less clunky, quicker, better suited to the needs of game day communication.
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

I think the chat is better than a thread. Able to get more instant comments out there. Better overall flow.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Thanks for the responses so far.

My only beef is that sometimes the messages can come in bunches and scroll down quickly but I suppose that's still no different than a thread. You could refresh a thread and there be 10 or so posts that you have to go through.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Cliff wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:05 am Thanks for the responses so far.

My only beef is that sometimes the messages can come in bunches and scroll down quickly but I suppose that's still no different than a thread. You could refresh a thread and there be 10 or so posts that you have to go through.
Yes, exactly.

The other issue I've noticed: sometimes I access the chat and would like to scroll up to see what folks were discussing say, 20-30 minutes ago, but it seems to have a certain threshold, allowing one to only go back so far. Perhaps I'm unaware of how to use it properly?
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Texas Vike wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:08 am Yes, exactly.

The other issue I've noticed: sometimes I access the chat and would like to scroll up to see what folks were discussing say, 20-30 minutes ago, but it seems to have a certain threshold, allowing one to only go back so far. Perhaps I'm unaware of how to use it properly?
You can only see 50 messages on the live chat window, I believe. However, there is an archive that allows you to see any post ever made. Right under the chat window there is a button labeled "archive" click that and it will take you there; mchat/archive

I also noticed some weirdness with text overlapping on some avatars but I straightened that out.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

People also might not have noticed but you can actually open the chat screen in it's own window. Click on "mChat" at the top.

mchat
Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist »

Cliff wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:18 am You can only see 50 messages on the live chat window, I believe. However, there is an archive that allows you to see any post ever made. Right under the chat window there is a button labeled "archive" click that and it will take you there; mchat/archive

I also noticed some weirdness with text overlapping on some avatars but I straightened that out.
I apparently can't read, and never saw the Archive before, so thanks for this. It was the only thing I missed using chat.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Great job with the chat Cliff!!
It runs really smooth...Is there any limits to the amount of people allowed in chat at one time?
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

halfgiz wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:56 pm Great job with the chat Cliff!!
It runs really smooth...Is there any limits to the amount of people allowed in chat at one time?
Thanks!

There's no limit technically but I imagine at some point the window would be just scrolling by lol
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

I like the chat better.
Cliff does our post count get credited in the chat room?
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Is there a way to make it not auto scroll? I hate reading back a ways and having it jump to the new posts.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

I prefer the chat. But then I only look at it during commercials because I stream and am usually 30-45 seconds behind the live action.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

I like both of them. I do like to see what people post from the past and what their thoughts were on certain plays and references and stuff like that. The refreshing thing can be quite a bit annoying but im use to it and everyone else is too. So whichever works for me.
Purple Domination
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Purple Domination »

Can chat be joined from a mobile phone? I don’t see an option for it on the home page.