Vikings Vs. 49ers Pregame Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Vikings Vs. 49ers Pregame Thread

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Maelstrom88 wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:33 pm Why do you think it will be an issue all season? Does he have a history of hamstring problems lingering? Is that what wad bothering him in the playoffs? My memory sucks when it comes to tight hamstrings :lol:
Probably an overreaction on my part. He does seem like he's always nursing something.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
94niners
Waterboy

Post by 94niners »

49ers fan here. Just letting you guys know that your roster is significantly better. Cousins is probably the better QB right now, but if it's actually even there, the Vikings offensive line, wide receivers, running backs (assuming Cooks is good to go), defensive line, linebackers (with Foster and Smith out) and secondary are all superior. The 49ers might have you in the punt return game, depending on if the rookie Pettis is ready to go, but otherwise, you should expect a 10 point+ win.

Jimmy G will probably move the ball, but the 49ers struggle in the red zone, and did before and after he arrived. As long as Cousins doesn't do anything stupid, this should be around a 27-16 Vikings win.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

94niners wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:28 am 49ers fan here. Just letting you guys know that your roster is significantly better. Cousins is probably the better QB right now, but if it's actually even there, the Vikings offensive line, wide receivers, running backs (assuming Cooks is good to go), defensive line, linebackers (with Foster and Smith out) and secondary are all superior. The 49ers might have you in the punt return game, depending on if the rookie Pettis is ready to go, but otherwise, you should expect a 10 point+ win.

Jimmy G will probably move the ball, but the 49ers struggle in the red zone, and did before and after he arrived. As long as Cousins doesn't do anything stupid, this should be around a 27-16 Vikings win.
:welcome

I like the matchup and think the Vikings will win too but your comments make me less sure, funnily enough. I'm always most nervous when opposing fans think their team is going to lose lol

I hated to see McKinnon go out for you guys. I really thought he could do something there this season.
94niners
Waterboy

Post by 94niners »

Cliff wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:03 am :welcome

I like the matchup and think the Vikings will win too but your comments make me less sure, funnily enough. I'm always most nervous when opposing fans think their team is going to lose lol

I hated to see McKinnon go out for you guys. I really thought he could do something there this season.
Him going down is a big part if what convinced me this is almost surely a Viking win. I can’t speak for how he was used in Minnesota, but in practice with the 49ers he was usually the Ace in the Hole that moved the chains in the passing game. Without him, the Vikings can juts squash Trenrt Taylor on third down, which in the least will kill the 49ers’ red zone numbers.

But if Bad Kirk Cousins shows up things may be different. I just don’t see that happening since the 49ers don’t have an outside pass rush.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Bad drop there by Treadwell. Wasnt gonna get a first down tho. We’re feeding Dalvin heavy right now. Nice kick by Carlson
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Defense needs more killer instinct. That was too easy.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Roughing the passer was BS. Are you supposed to push the qb and hope they fall down?
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
94niners
Waterboy

Post by 94niners »

94niners wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:28 am 49ers fan here. Just letting you guys know that your roster is significantly better. Cousins is probably the better QB right now, but if it's actually even there, the Vikings offensive line, wide receivers, running backs (assuming Cooks is good to go), defensive line, linebackers (with Foster and Smith out) and secondary are all superior. The 49ers might have you in the punt return game, depending on if the rookie Pettis is ready to go, but otherwise, you should expect a 10 point+ win.

I have to say, I pretty much called this. Off by a field goal. 24-16. Not bad.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

94niners wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:11 pm I have to say, I pretty much called this. Off by a field goal. 24-16. Not bad.
Wow. Nice call. I expect SF to have a good day today, especially Jimmy.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly