53 man roster...Cuts and trades

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: 53 man roster...Cuts and trades

Post by FullWood »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:41 pm They're not getting rid of Murray.
your correct he played good last year accepted a pay cut and looked good in preseason. They wont trade him with a 2nd year player coming off a knee injury.
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:10 pm Kendall Wright released.
Was hoping we could of kept him.
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

S197 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:24 pm I think so. Griffen and Sherels are now the oldest as they're both 2010.

BRob was a great player with personality to match. I'll miss 96 questions. What's surprising is he got a ton of 1st team reps, no indication he was on the block.
That 2010 team has griffin, sherels and I think the only ones still active are Adrian Peterson and Joe Webb.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

YikesVikes wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:30 pm Who is our starting C come week 1? Yikes.
Could be Jones. Only here a week but he's a vet and if they let Cousins make the protection calls I can see him stepping in for a game or two. It is concerning though...
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:41 pm They're not getting rid of Murray.
Assuming they aren't going to keep 5 RBs, either they are going to trade one or cut one. If they were going to cut one, you'd think they'd have already done it, which means maybe we should anticipate a trade and even that a deal may already be in the works. If they trade one, it will probably be Murray. He doesn't have a next year with the team either way, so if they like Boone and Thomas, no reason to keep Murray.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

fiestavike wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:21 am Assuming they aren't going to keep 5 RBs, either they are going to trade one or cut one. If they were going to cut one, you'd think they'd have already done it, which means maybe we should anticipate a trade and even that a deal may already be in the works. If they trade one, it will probably be Murray. He doesn't have a next year with the team either way, so if they like Boone and Thomas, no reason to keep Murray.
Exactly. Murray would have the highest value to us in a trade and I think that they like what they see in Boone and Thomas.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

YikesVikes wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:41 pm I hear what you are saying but you can't build a team on one side of the ball only. You build a team in the trenches, both dline and oline. The oline was neglected and this year was the year to give it as much help as possible. Hughes has been fantastic and no one is saying that CB couldn't have been a depth addition but it is clear just how important it was to get a STARTER at offensive line. We didn't do that an instead got (for now) a bench player at DB. Maybe we pass on hughes, get Jackson in the 2nd and a Starter on the oline? I think you know how I feel.
I understand what you’re saying. I don’t think building a team on “one side of the ball” is the right way to put it. This offense has a ton of talent. Bottom line is, there’s always going to be a weak spot on every team. Ours is OL
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Norv Zimmer wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:30 am Exactly. Murray would have the highest value to us in a trade and I think that they like what they see in Boone and Thomas.
If they can get something good for him maybe. I just think it's horribly risky right now since we don't know how well Cook will play. I'd rather they didn't at this point but idk what other reason theyd keep 5 rbs.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

FullWood wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:41 pm That 2010 team has griffin, sherels and I think the only ones still active are Adrian Peterson and Joe Webb.
Webb was just cut yesterday afternoon.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

S197 wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:15 pm Could be Jones. Only here a week but he's a vet and if they let Cousins make the protection calls I can see him stepping in for a game or two. It is concerning though...
Jones gets my vote for starting center week 1. Then side him over to LG when Elflein is back. Bye Tom "Matt Kalil" Compton.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

dead_poet wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:54 am Jones gets my vote for starting center week 1. Then side him over to LG when Elflein is back. Bye Tom "Matt Kalil" Compton.
Kalil is out week 1 btw. Thank God he's gone.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Purple Domination
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Purple Domination »

fiestavike wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:21 am If they trade one, it will probably be Murray. He doesn't have a next year with the team either way, so if they like Boone and Thomas, no reason to keep Murray.
I think the reason to not trade Murray is the value and insurance he will give us this year with Cook coming back from rehab.

Also, I don’t know how much trade value he will command because of his $5MM salary.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

The cockroach lives!

I don't think you can take a sure-handed punt returner for granted lol
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Cliff wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:41 am The cockroach lives!

I don't think you can take a sure-handed punt returner for granted lol
It's super tough to make the cockroach nickname read as endearingly as I mean it ...
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Quigley was cut. About time, people made way too much of a big deal about his no touchbacks and neglecting he was 29th in the league.

9/10 practice squad announced. Notables are Bebee, Edison, Gossett, Cliett. Ifaedi was taken by the Browns. Also looks like Wieneke was passed over for Badet.