53 man roster...Cuts and trades

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: 53 man roster...Cuts and trades

Post by dead_poet »

Damn. B-Rob. End of an era. Thanks #96.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
MikethePurple
Veteran

Post by MikethePurple »

fiestavike wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:11 pm A tough move, but a smart move. Robison didn't get to 'go out on his own terms' but he got to play until the tread came off, and that's beautiful in its own way. I'll be surprised if he doesn't retire and take greg coleman's job.
Kind of shocking but the silver lining means they must feel pretty good about some of the younger guys. Definitely a positive for the team and their desire to have much more of a rotation on the D-Line that they've discussed.
Crax
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Crax »

Dang, I understand the move, but will miss B Rob. Liked 96 questions and seemed to be a good community guy. Was he the last one from the 09 team?
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Kendall Wright released.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Texas Vike wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:07 pm As a Longhorn alum, I'm pretty fond of Robison, but I think this is a good move. It shows the FO is using their head, and not their heart to make these tough decisions. I'd love for Robison to be involved with the team this year, though. I'll miss his goofy fishing sack celebration that he did.
How? Newman shouod have been the cut. We have an abundance of DBs.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

YikesVikes wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:31 am The Eagles and Cowboys are very deep at Oline. They have the ability to swing their RT to effectively play LT. They are about to cut Warmack and most teams will jump on him. As much as that sounds good from the talking heads, there are teams that have invested and are rich with talent.
The eagles maybe but the cowboys are banged up. So no, they aren’t really deep right now. Frederick has a serious illness, Martin has a sprained ankle, and smith has back issues constantly
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

YikesVikes wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:31 am The Eagles and Cowboys are very deep at Oline. They have the ability to swing their RT to effectively play LT. They are about to cut Warmack and most teams will jump on him. As much as that sounds good from the talking heads, there are teams that have invested and are rich with talent.
And I say this every year, yeah it would be great if we “invested in OL” but if we did, that means there is another position that is the weak link on this team. It’s not like we invest in the OL and still land guys like hunter, Kendricks, Barr, Waynes, cook, etc. So it’s alot easier to say when you’re sitting behind a computer screen but when you truly look into it, we technically sacrifice a guy like Eric Kendricks (or others I mentioned) for an offensive lineman. And then Spielman turns into a bad guy with fans saying he doesn’t know how to draft LBs or RBs or whatever
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Crax wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:07 pm Dang, I understand the move, but will miss B Rob. Liked 96 questions and seemed to be a good community guy. Was he the last one from the 09 team?
I think so. Griffen and Sherels are now the oldest as they're both 2010.

BRob was a great player with personality to match. I'll miss 96 questions. What's surprising is he got a ton of 1st team reps, no indication he was on the block.
raddmann
Backup

Post by raddmann »

Terence Newman has reportedly retired and will join the Vikings coaching staff.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:48 pm The eagles maybe but the cowboys are banged up. So no, they aren’t really deep right now. Frederick has a serious illness, Martin has a sprained ankle, and smith has back issues constantly
Fredricks illness could not be planned for. A sprained ankle isn't really banged up. Heading into training camp, they had 4 studs on the offensive live and a few young guys that could start for us. Boys are deep.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I'm really surprised they only kept 5 WRs, mainly because of who they kept. LT we can only hope finally makes an impact and Zylstra and Coley haven't played a snap in the NFL. Plus Coley has a tough time staying healthy. Will be interesting to see how many WRs make the PS or if they grab someone else.
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

raddmann wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:28 pm Terence Newman has reportedly retired and will join the Vikings coaching staff.
That makes me sad. :(
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:54 pm And I say this every year, yeah it would be great if we “invested in OL” but if we did, that means there is another position that is the weak link on this team. It’s not like we invest in the OL and still land guys like hunter, Kendricks, Barr, Waynes, cook, etc. So it’s alot easier to say when you’re sitting behind a computer screen but when you truly look into it, we technically sacrifice a guy like Eric Kendricks (or others I mentioned) for an offensive lineman. And then Spielman turns into a bad guy with fans saying he doesn’t know how to draft LBs or RBs or whatever
I hear what you are saying but you can't build a team on one side of the ball only. You build a team in the trenches, both dline and oline. The oline was neglected and this year was the year to give it as much help as possible. Hughes has been fantastic and no one is saying that CB couldn't have been a depth addition but it is clear just how important it was to get a STARTER at offensive line. We didn't do that an instead got (for now) a bench player at DB. Maybe we pass on hughes, get Jackson in the 2nd and a Starter on the oline? I think you know how I feel.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Another topic. I am really surprised that we cut Ifeadi Odenigbo with Robinson gone. I would think this would have made him safe. We don't really have that outside guy that can move inside anymore and Odenigbo seemed to be better than Holmes at this point.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I guess that 6th receiver spot Is going to a running back. Both Boone and Thomas make the team.