53 man roster...Cuts and trades

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

halfgiz
Career Elite Player

53 man roster...Cuts and trades

Post by halfgiz »

I figured today we would start seeing some cuts. And thought it would help having a topic.
Dead line to be at 53 is: 4:00 pm tomorrow EST.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Re: 53 man roster...Cuts and trades

Post by halfgiz »

Courtney Cronin
‏Verified account @CourtneyRCronin
3m3 minutes ago

Vikings released the following 14 players:
WR Cayleb Jones
WR Korey Robertson
WR Jake Wieneke
QB Peter Pujals
LB Antwione Williams
G Kaleb Jones
G Kareem Are
T Dieugot Joseph
CB Trevon Mathis
RB Kobe McCray
FB Luke McNitt
LB Mike Needham
C JP Quinn
LB Brett Taylor
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

I feel bad for Wienicke. He was doing so well too. He's not going to sneak around in the Practice Squad. The same goes for Williams. I thought he was doing really good. I guess not.
Husker Vike
Franchise Player

Post by Husker Vike »

I'm hoping that some team that is really deep in O linemen cuts someone we can pick up.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Husker Vike wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:25 pm I'm hoping that some team that is really deep in O linemen cuts someone we can pick up.
Hate to say this, but no team is "deep" in o linemen. It's one of the problems with players in college. The games are no longer played the same.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Raptorman wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:37 pm Hate to say this, but no team is "deep" in o linemen. It's one of the problems with players in college. The games are no longer played the same.
Very true
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Husker Vike
Franchise Player

Post by Husker Vike »

As deep as we are in the Defensive backfield, I would think that a team like the Saints , Cowboys, Raiders, good O line ,but need defensive help would be possible trade partners.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:12 pm Very true
The Eagles and Cowboys are very deep at Oline. They have the ability to swing their RT to effectively play LT. They are about to cut Warmack and most teams will jump on him. As much as that sounds good from the talking heads, there are teams that have invested and are rich with talent.
Cliff
Site Admin

Vikings move on from Brian Robison

Post by Cliff »

As the Vikings paid out more and more money to young, core players, older players with higher salaries necessarily were at risk. On Saturday, that risk became a reality for veteran defensive lineman Brian Robison. Per a league source, the Vikings have informed Robison that he is being released.
Read more
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

Oh wow. :(

One of the longest tenured players in Vikings history and that's how it ends for him.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

As a Longhorn alum, I'm pretty fond of Robison, but I think this is a good move. It shows the FO is using their head, and not their heart to make these tough decisions. I'd love for Robison to be involved with the team this year, though. I'll miss his goofy fishing sack celebration that he did.
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Brob to be cut

Post by autobon7 »

Thanks for being a Viking, a leader, and all around great guy. Good luck to you.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Texas Vike wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:07 pm As a Longhorn alum, I'm pretty fond of Robison, but I think this is a good move. It shows the FO is using their head, and not their heart to make these tough decisions. I'd love for Robison to be involved with the team this year, though. I'll miss his goofy fishing sack celebration that he did.
A tough move, but a smart move. Robison didn't get to 'go out on his own terms' but he got to play until the tread came off, and that's beautiful in its own way. I'll be surprised if he doesn't retire and take greg coleman's job.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

I'm surprised the cut Beebe. From this first round, I think he and Antwione Williams will be targets for the practice squad.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

That sucks. I wanted him to get a ring in his last hurrah. Maybe he can help with the coaching staff.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018