5 Takeaways from Thursday's Preseason Finale Win Over the Titans

We find news articles about the Vikings and post them here. If an article generates enough interest it gets moved to the Vikings Talk forum for more discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

Cliff
Site Admin

5 Takeaways from Thursday's Preseason Finale Win Over the Titans

Post by Cliff » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:20 am

1. Sloter makes 4th quarter magic again

Another week, another game-clinching touchdown drive for quarterback Kyle Sloter. With the Vikings nursing a three-point lead with 8:51 to play, Sloter led the offense onto the field and used three completions to drive the offense 55 yards in four plays to score a touchdown. A perfectly-placed pass from Sloter to Brandon Zylstra provided the score and was the peak moment of an 11 of 15 performance that generated 130 yards to go along with the touchdown toss. In three games this preseason, Sloter led scoring drives in the 4th quarter to help the Vikings secure victories. In Denver against his old team, Sloter guided two scoring drives to help the Vikings overcome a deficit in the final quarter and win 42-28. Two weeks later at home against Seattle, Sloter threw touchdowns to Chad Beebe and Jake Wieneke to help the Vikings win 21-20. In total this preseason, Sloter finished going 41 of 56 (73.2%) for 366 yards with four touchdowns and no interceptions for a passer rating of 114.1. He also added 33 yards and a touchdown on six rushing attempts.
Read more
0 x
"Everyone has a plan 'til they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson/Mike Zimmer Led Defenses

Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: 5 Takeaways from Thursday's Preseason Finale Win Over the Titans

Post by Thaumaturgist » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:07 am

Bah... I think the Vikings are going to make the wrong decision, and will keep Siemian instead of Sloter. I really like him, and he's outplayed Siemian in every preseason game he's played in.
0 x

Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:09 am

Thaumaturgist wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:07 am
Bah... I think the Vikings are going to make the wrong decision, and will keep Siemian instead of Sloter. I really like him, and he's outplayed Siemian in every preseason game he's played in.
Zimmer has already confirmed that Siemain is #2.
0 x
"Everyone has a plan 'til they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson/Mike Zimmer Led Defenses

Thaumaturgist
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Thaumaturgist » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:45 am

Cliff wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:09 am
Zimmer has already confirmed that Siemain is #2.
I know, and that's part of what's frustrating for me. I realize they see him in practice and what not, but so far the results have spoken for themselves during the games. Sloter has massively outplayed Siemain.
0 x