Early Look: Vikings at Titans

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Cliff
Site Admin

Early Look: Vikings at Titans

Post by Cliff »

EAGAN, Minn. — It’s almost showtime.

The Vikings will wrap their preseason schedule Thursday against the Titans with a 7 p.m. (CT) kickoff from Nashville.

Minnesota will then have 10 days to rest up and get ready for its 2018 season opener, which is a Week 1 home game against San Francisco at noon (CT) at U.S. Bank Stadium.

Expect the majority of Minnesota’s starters to rest up Thursday, as depth players and those fighting for a roster spot will likely get the majority of the playing time.

The Vikings are 2-1 in preseason play so far, beating Denver and Seattle but falling to Jacksonville.

Tennessee is winless in three preseason games so far.

Here’s a look at Minnesota’s final preseason tilt against the Titans:
Read more
Cliff
Site Admin

Re: Early Look: Vikings at Titans

Post by Cliff »

The potential 3rd RB will get some extended work in this game and it's been a good competition. Any other position battles anyone interested in?
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Cliff wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:37 am The potential 3rd RB will get some extended work in this game and it's been a good competition. Any other position battles anyone interested in?
Slot corner (assuming Hughes/Alexander plays). Our new center. More Eric Wilson. Beebe vs. Zylstra.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

I'd like to see if Sloter continues to own the preseason. I didn't believe the hype before, but he's starting to convince me.

I'd love to see Siemian look more convincing and for the OL to show me SOMETHING. :lol:
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Game 4 of the preseason should be a running clock. :lol: I'm ready for week 1.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

EAGAN, Minn. — The preseason is coming to a close.

The Vikings wrap up their preseason schedule Thursday night in Tennessee against the Titans. Kickoff is at 7 p.m. (CT) from Nashville.

Minnesota’s starters are not expected to play against the Titans, as Thursday’s game should showcase plenty of players fighting for roster spots.

The Vikings are 2-1 in the preseason, while Tennessee is 0-3.

Here’s a look at 10 numbers of note heading into Thursday’s matchup:

90 — The Vikings currently have 90 players on their roster. The team will have to get down to 53 players by 3 p.m. (CT) on Saturday.

236 — Vikings quarterback Kirk Cousins completed 24 of 40 passes for 236 yards with a touchdown in three preseason games. Quarterback Kyle Sloter also has 236 preseason passing yards.
Read more
Cliff
Site Admin

Final Thoughts: Coaches Emphasize Importance of Preseason Game No. 4 for Vikings

Post by Cliff »

If for even a second one wondered whether – after months of the offseason program, Organized Team Activities, minicamps and then training camp – those within the walls of TCO Performance Center were taking their foot off the gas for the final preseason game, the Vikings coordinators promptly and profoundly dispelled any thought of it.

“This is an important game for a lot of people Thursday,” offensive coordinator John DeFilippo said with a great deal of solemnity. “It’s an important game. Anytime you have a chance to put tape on of yourself in the National Football League, you want to put obviously the best tape you can put on.

“I don’t care if you’re going to be a starter on this team and you’re playing a little bit on Thursday. I don’t care if you’re a guy that’s trying to make the team. You’ve got to be careful what you put on tape because it’s on tape for a long time, forever. This is an important game for a lot of our guys on Thursday.”

Special teams coordinator Mike Priefer was no less insistent on the importance of Thursday’s preseason finale, particularly given some miscues that have occurred with the Vikings special teams in the first three games.
Read more