2018 Vikings Free Agency Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: 2018 Vikings Free Agency Thread

Post by dead_poet »

Not sure if he'll start.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Fat Stupid Loser
Starter

Post by Fat Stupid Loser »

Now if we could just fix the O-line.

Ritchie should be cheap out of the psych ward.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Very interesting. I wonder how much he'll get paid and what length the contract will be. Sendejo has improved so much, but 3.5 million with 0 guaranteed this year and 5.5 next year, Iloka might prove to be an upgrade and a discount if they can get him for the right price.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Fat Stupid Loser wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:01 am Now if we could just fix the O-line.

I'd like to see them trade a 6th CB, or one of our promising DL players for somebody elses 6th or 7th OL...a young guy with upside and a couple years left under contract. Maybe a Horace Richardson, Holton Hill, or Tashon Bower?
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Fat Stupid Loser
Starter

fiestavike wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:10 am I'd like to see them trade a 6th CB, or one of our promising DL players for somebody elses 6th or 7th OL...a young guy with upside and a couple years left under contract. Maybe a Horace Richardson, Holton Hill, or Tashon Bower?
Would another teams 6th or 7th O Lineman improve our situation, or are just talking about getting some depth?
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Fat Stupid Loser wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:01 am Now if we could just fix the O-line.

We're not #### signing Incognito. No one is. He's not that good abdbhes a mental case. People, please let this idea die once and for all.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

This doesn't make sense. We don't need him. We need OL. I don't get it.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Fat Stupid Loser
Starter

PurpleMustReign wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:06 am We're not #### signing Incognito. No one is. He's not that good abdbhes a mental case. People, please let this idea die once and for all.
I know. It was a joke. My jokes aren't that good, but do come with an instruction booklet. Only 9.99 plus shipping and handling.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:07 am This doesn't make sense. We don't need him. We need OL. I don't get it.
I believe the appropriate cliche is "opportunity knocks".

So there is a starting caliber NFL safety with deep ties to Zimmer that suddenly hits the open market, and people are annoyed and upset they are looking at him? Frankly, I'd be more annoyed if they didn't bring him in.

For those complaining (whining) that they are not doing this for the OL, please tell me which starting OL just hit the open market and/or was recently cut by his team? To my knowledge that player at this point in time is a unicorn ergo, he doesn't exist. If the unicorn did exist, then I would understand the angst, but since he doesn't I'm not sure how Slick Rick can look at something that isn't there. Perhaps my GM expectations are too low?
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Fat Stupid Loser wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:40 am Would another teams 6th or 7th O Lineman improve our situation, or are just talking about getting some depth?
Depth. There is not cap room or a player available to dramatically improve the interior OL right now, but another player in the Isadora mold (developmental guy who isn't likely to start barring injuries) could be a valuable guy to have at the bottom of the depth chart. We are pretty stacked at DB and DL, so we're going to be letting go of some solid players. It'd be nice to upgrade the back end of the OL depth chart while we're saying adios to a promising player.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Fat Stupid Loser wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:24 am I know. It was a joke. My jokes aren't that good, but do come with an instruction booklet. Only 9.99 plus shipping and handling.
My bad. Sorry. I know a few people whostill want him in purple. It baffles me
Fat Stupid Loser
Starter

PurpleMustReign wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:28 am My bad. Sorry. I know a few people whostill want him in purple. It baffles me
Well, if we keep him heavily medicated Monday through Saturday, we could stop his meds on Sunday am and turn him loose on the opposing team, then hit him with an anti-psychotic dart gun as time expires, it might work.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Fat Stupid Loser wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:03 pm Well, if we keep him heavily medicated Monday through Saturday, we could stop his meds on Sunday am and turn him loose on the opposing team, then hit him with an anti-psychotic dart gun as time expires, it might work.
Hmm... Outside the box. I like it.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

George Iloka will make a whole lot less in Minnesota than he was set to make in Cincinnati this season. Iloka, who signed with the Vikings today after the Bengals cut him on Sunday, signed a one-year contract with a $790,000 base salary (the minimum for a player with his experience), and a $90,000 signing bonus.
Read more
Purple Domination
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Purple Domination »

Cliff wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:21 am Read more
What a steal! This goes to show that we have something special going in our organization. It’s great that players want to come play for us (Zim) badly enough that we reap a discount. This is how the rich get richer fellas.