Travelling from UK week 3 vs Bills

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

UKno1VIKING
Transition Player

Travelling from UK week 3 vs Bills

Post by UKno1VIKING »

Hi everyone. Just after some advice.

I am getting married in september, and we are going on a US road trip for our honeymoon. This all revolved around visiting the US Bank Stadium on our travels to see the Vikings play at home.
We are just looking for some advice really, so we can get the most out of our experience.

Firstly, we are staying with persons on airbnb. So has anyone got any info as to which neighbourhoods are we best to stay in? Obviously as close to the stadium is preferred, but were open to all suggestions.

Secondly, as far as tailgating is concerned, how do we go about experiencing this? (i'm pretty sure the tailgating we get to experience at the London games is nothing like the real deal)

Thirdly, any ideas as to how we can maximise our experience while at the stadium, would be very much appreciated. We aren't the richest, so theres a good chance this could be our only visit.

Also, is stubhub the best place for getting the cheapest tickets?

Thank you for your time.
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Travelling from UK week 3 vs Bills

Post by Norv Zimmer »

That is awesome! You are going to have a great time! Not really sure what neighborhood to stay in using a service like AirBnb but as for tailgating pretty much all the tailgating lots are around the stadium and well within walking distance to and from the stadium. Bring some beer or a thermos full of cocktails, walk around and mingle with the most friendly, giving fans in the nation. Every time I have went tailgating if I ran outta beer people were quick to offer up some of theirs, that goes for food also.

Every game I have been to Stubhub has been where I have gotten tickets, never had a bad experience with them. Last year we sat in the 4th row in the Ultimate fan zone VS the Bucs. I think the tickets were around 175$ a piece but the seats were really awesome, Diggs caught a TD right in front of us. The Ultimate fan zone has their own dedicated consession stands and bathrooms so that was also nice. The zone is the end zone right inside the stadiums pivoting glass doors so if they are open you get a nice breeze.

Have Fun!!!
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

The nice thing about US Bank is it's right in the city so you can catch an Uber there for relatively cheap. It's not like other stadiums where it's an hour+ drive outside the city. We stay at hotels near Nicolett mall/Hennepin area. Lots of places to eat around there and it's maybe 10 minutes to US Bank.

There's actually multiple tailgating lots and if I'm honest, it's not the big tailgating experience like other stadiums because of this. However, there's a big green space area on one side of the stadium (the side with the big glass doors) that's nice to hang around. There's a stage with live music, lots of booths, games, beer garden, etc.

As for tickets, you definitely want to go through an authorized re-seller like stubhub or ticketmaster. Tickets are all electronic now, which means a scammer can sell legit tickets to multiple people. First one to scan at the turnstile gets in, everyone else is SOL. Only downside is fees are steep but no avoiding it unless you have someone you trust. How many tickets are you looking for?

I'd recommend doing the US Bank tour if you can. You get a tour of the entire stadium and also get to go on the field and in the locker room.
PhillyVike
Practice Squad

Post by PhillyVike »

Hi there, you're in for a pretty cool experience at the Bank.

I traveled to MN two years ago from Philadelphia to see a Vikings game with my wife and father and used AirBnB for our stay.

I stayed just east of Lake Calhoun which is in Minneapolis and just 4.5 miles from US Bank Stadium.
It's also a comfortable (quiet) residential area which is also walking distance to coffee shops/dining/shops. AirBnB prices in MN from my research at the time are reasonable too, so the pound is going to make your stay fairly comfortable. Check it out on Google Maps. 31st to 36th street between Lake Calhoun and Hennepin Ave

Also, I found StubHub to be the cheapest and easiest option. I narrowed in on about 4 different areas where I wanted tickets and waited until two days before the game to make the purchase.

Have a great time, a road trip is a fantastic idea. Not sure where you plan to drive but the Northeast and Northwest/Southwest will likely be the most interesting places to drive through.
UKno1VIKING
Transition Player

Post by UKno1VIKING »

Thanks to all of you for your advice. Were only in the city for 48 hours, so it wouldn't affect us too much where we stay. Just so were in a safe area near the stadium really.
We will certainly be going through official ticket vendors. Of the only two i know of, Stubhub seemed to be cheaper.
We really can't wait. I have been a Viking fan for 20 years now. And my fanaticism for the team has rubbed off in a big way on my better half, the 3 1/2 years we've been together.
Any other general tips that anyone may have to maximise our once in a lifetime experience, would be very much appreciated.
Especially for example, which area of the stadium has the best atmosphere? I am a big leeds united fan, and we have certain singing sections you always want to be sitting in.
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

UKno1VIKING wrote:Thanks to all of you for your advice. Were only in the city for 48 hours, so it wouldn't affect us too much where we stay. Just so were in a safe area near the stadium really.
We will certainly be going through official ticket vendors. Of the only two i know of, Stubhub seemed to be cheaper.
We really can't wait. I have been a Viking fan for 20 years now. And my fanaticism for the team has rubbed off in a big way on my better half, the 3 1/2 years we've been together.
Any other general tips that anyone may have to maximise our once in a lifetime experience, would be very much appreciated.
Especially for example, which area of the stadium has the best atmosphere? I am a big leeds united fan, and we have certain singing sections you always want to be sitting in.
If you can afford it, I would highly recommend buying tickets in Delta Sky Club. I've had tickets there for two games, best seats in the NFL. But they cost $500-$100 each resale depending on the game.
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

I really enjoyed the ultimate fan zone. Pretty much only Vikings fans, nobody told me to sit down when I stood up to cheer ( hate it when people get mad when you stand up). Dedicated bathrooms were nice. Being in a end zone you have a great view of the whole field and when the action is on the opposite side there is a very large jumbo Tron to see the action.
UKno1VIKING
Transition Player

Post by UKno1VIKING »

akvikingsfan wrote:
UKno1VIKING wrote:Thanks to all of you for your advice. Were only in the city for 48 hours, so it wouldn't affect us too much where we stay. Just so were in a safe area near the stadium really.
If you can afford it, I would highly recommend buying tickets in Delta Sky Club. I've had tickets there for two games, best seats in the NFL. But they cost $500-$100 each resale depending on the game.
yeah i saw the Delta Sky Club seats. They are currently at $900 dollars. We are on a tight budget, so we would struggle to find that lol.
We are looking for around $200 mark. Lower corner seems to be our best shout.
UKno1VIKING
Transition Player

Post by UKno1VIKING »

Norv Zimmer wrote:I really enjoyed the ultimate fan zone. Pretty much only Vikings fans, nobody told me to sit down when I stood up to cheer ( hate it when people get mad when you stand up). Dedicated bathrooms were nice. Being in a end zone you have a great view of the whole field and when the action is on the opposite side there is a very large jumbo Tron to see the action.
Sorry, pardon my ignorance. Are the Ultimate fan zone seats situated behind the end zone?
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

UKno1VIKING wrote:
Norv Zimmer wrote:I really enjoyed the ultimate fan zone. Pretty much only Vikings fans, nobody told me to sit down when I stood up to cheer ( hate it when people get mad when you stand up). Dedicated bathrooms were nice. Being in a end zone you have a great view of the whole field and when the action is on the opposite side there is a very large jumbo Tron to see the action.
Sorry, pardon my ignorance. Are the Ultimate fan zone seats situated behind the end zone?
I invite the wife to the Ultimate Fan Zone nightly. She doesn't usually attend :(

This was gloriously unhelpful.

Here's what I found (short answer, I think yes):
"The Ultimate Fan Zone is a Club Area in the End Zone with its own Private Restrooms, Restaurants & Concession Areas.

These areas are exclusively for the Ultimate Fan Zone ticket holders.

These seats are within 15 yards from the field !!
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly