2018 Vikings Free Agency Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: 2018 Vikings Free Agency Thread

Post by dead_poet »

fiestavike wrote:
dead_poet wrote:Richardson has a $11 million offer from Seattle. Sounds like Rick is up next. Let's get it done.
Its been definitely confirmed that Seattle does not have an 11 million dollar offer to Richardson. that was an erroneous report.
Well, crap
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Murray has been asked to take a pay cut. Tomorrow is deadline for his contact. Between now and then he agrees or will be released.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

dead_poet wrote:Murray has been asked to take a pay cut. Tomorrow is deadline for his contact. Between now and then he agrees or will be released.
Is that confirmed on the pay cut part? I’ve seen reports but done from reliable sources
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

ALSO, Spielman said they are meeting with TWO players tonight. One is Richardson. The other is a mystery man. Hmmmm
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:ALSO, Spielman said they are meeting with TWO players tonight. One is Richardson. The other is a mystery man. Hmmmm
Adrian Peterson? :gone:

Honestly, this is fun of course, but the Vikings need to start re-signing their young core players. Especially Diggs, Kendricks and Hunter. I could see letting Barr and/or Waynes go if they have to lose one of the young core guys since they've been the most inconsistent, but I'd rather not lose any of them than bring in another Free Agent, unless its on a 1 year deal.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:ALSO, Spielman said they are meeting with TWO players tonight. One is Richardson. The other is a mystery man. Hmmmm
My guess is maybe Trevor Siemian is the other person...But just a guess.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

fiestavike wrote:
Adrian Peterson? :gone:

Honestly, this is fun of course, but the Vikings need to start re-signing their young core players. Especially Diggs, Kendricks and Hunter. I could see letting Barr and/or Waynes go if they have to lose one of the young core guys since they've been the most inconsistent, but I'd rather not lose any of them than bring in another Free Agent, unless its on a 1 year deal.
Diggs needs to be paid. Stacy Coley was making more last year.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Thats why we need to let people like Murray go, or see if he will play for under 3 mil. Cause some good power back will. Maybe someone like Blount. And we need to start doing it now so it doesnt hit us too fast. I know Zim and Rick are smart, but the only reason I didnt really want Cousins is I knew we would be talking about cap space. And its never soon enough to work on this.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

PurpleKoolaid wrote:Thats why we need to let people like Murray go, or see if he will play for under 3 mil. Cause some good power back will. Maybe someone like Blount. And we need to start doing it now so it doesnt hit us too fast. I know Zim and Rick are smart, but the only reason I didnt really want Cousins is I knew we would be talking about cap space. And its never soon enough to work on this.
I’d take Murray any day over Blount. 1.) Blount can be a problem and 2.) he’s been a system RB. He was good in NE and that’s about it. He came on in the playoffs this year but outside of that did very little. Murray is a pros pro. Never have to worry about him outside of football. And can play in multiple systems. I want nothing to do with Blount.
-Chazz Palminteri
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
PurpleKoolaid wrote:Thats why we need to let people like Murray go, or see if he will play for under 3 mil. Cause some good power back will. Maybe someone like Blount. And we need to start doing it now so it doesnt hit us too fast. I know Zim and Rick are smart, but the only reason I didnt really want Cousins is I knew we would be talking about cap space. And its never soon enough to work on this.
I’d take Murray any day over Blount. 1.) Blount can be a problem and 2.) he’s been a system RB. He was good in NE and that’s about it. He came on in the playoffs this year but outside of that did very little. Murray is a pros pro. Never have to worry about him outside of football. And can play in multiple systems. I want nothing to do with Blount.
Outside of the Boise State incident, what trouble has he cause. He's been NWE twice and by all regards has been a model player. I'm seriously asking what have you heard as I might have missed it.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

YikesVikes wrote:
Outside of the Boise State incident, what trouble has he cause. He's been NWE twice and by all regards has been a model player. I'm seriously asking what have you heard as I might have missed it.
I love him for the Boise State Incident. I can't believe that guy came up to taunt him after the game was over. He got just about what he had coming. I've always liked Blount since then. He also provides something this team needs, a sledge hammer.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

YikesVikes wrote:
He was suspended in 2015 for violating the substance abuse....and guess who he was with when it happened....Leveon Bell. Should explain enough
-Chazz Palminteri
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

halfgiz wrote:
Rumor has it the mystery guest was Honey Badger.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

halfgiz wrote:
halfgiz wrote:
Rumor has it the mystery guest was Honey Badger.
I've seen that a couple times too but nothing from reliable sources. This could get REAL interesting!
-Chazz Palminteri
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Pondering Her Percy wrote: I've seen that a couple times too but nothing from reliable sources. This could get REAL interesting!
My take is that Richardson fits a greater need and has been more dominant. Mathieu would likely play slot corner with safety capabilities. More of a luxury than necessity but if he can stay healthy, I'd be quite curious how Zimmer would deploy him. Unfortunately due to injury his play has declined.

Get Richardson, Rick!