Report: Teddy Bridgewater finalizing deal with Jets

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Re: Report: Teddy Bridgewater finalizing deal with Jets

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

A 1 year deal on 2 QBs? for 10 mil each. What am I missing?
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 720pete »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:A 1 year deal on 2 QBs? for 10 mil each. What am I missing?
Their first round draft pick.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
48m
According to ESPN, Teddy Bridgewater's one-year contract with the New York Jets is only worth around $5 million or $6 million with incentives.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

halfgiz wrote:Chris Tomasson
@christomasson
48m
According to ESPN, Teddy Bridgewater's one-year contract with the New York Jets is only worth around $5 million or $6 million with incentives.
That seems fair. It sounds like it will be a camp battle?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

Wish he could have stayed with us. Going down the same trail as Bradford. Bad luck
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Seems that McCown has trouble staying healthy for a whole season. That could also be something that Teddy was looking at.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Again, bad feeling about this for Teddy.

The Jets have the No. 6 pick in the draft. At least one team picking ahead of them, Indy, doesn't need a QB. Another in the Giants still have Eli and may not believe they need a quarterback. And Cleveland isn't likely to draft QBs at both 1 and 4. That means the Jets could very easily draft one of the big QB names at #6, which could drop Teddy to #3 on the depth chart.

If they don't draft a QB at 6, I still think it's a crappy organization that is going nowhere. Oh well. Teddy's a grown man. He can make his own decisions.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:Again, bad feeling about this for Teddy.

The Jets have the No. 6 pick in the draft. At least one team picking ahead of them, Indy, doesn't need a QB. Another in the Giants still have Eli and may not believe they need a quarterback. And Cleveland isn't likely to draft QBs at both 1 and 4. That means the Jets could very easily draft one of the big QB names at #6, which could drop Teddy to #3 on the depth chart.

If they don't draft a QB at 6, I still think it's a crappy organization that is going nowhere. Oh well. Teddy's a grown man. He can make his own decisions.

Call me crazy but i think there's more to lucks injury than the colts are letting on. Something smells fishy there.

I might be going out on a limb but when camp starts don't be surprised if he misses another season. I think he's done. he can't heal that shoulder
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

Boon wrote:

Call me crazy but i think there's more to lucks injury than the colts are letting on. Something smells fishy there.

I might be going out on a limb but when camp starts don't be surprised if he misses another season. I think he's done. he

can't heal that shoulder[/quote

I think you are right. One more hit and he'll be finished. All we had to do years ago was lose a meaningless game to Washington and he would have been our draft pick
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

@RapSheet
Follow Follow @RapSheet
More
The #Jets are signing QB Teddy Bridgewater to a 1-year deal worth up to $15M, source said. Big upside.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Looks like it will be a 3 man competition for QB in the Jets training camp.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Raptorman wrote:Looks like it will be a 3 man competition for QB in the Jets training camp.
They just traded for the #3 pick too. Who are they targeting?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Boon wrote:

I might be going out on a limb but when camp starts don't be surprised if he misses another season. I think he's done. he can't heal that shoulder
USA Today wrote:The Jets agreed to send the sixth overall pick of the draft, both of their second-round picks (37th and 49th) and a 2019 second-rounder to Indianapolis for the third overall pick.
I guess Indy thinks Andrew Luck is just fine.

Before this is over, Teddy will be holding a clipboard. Perhaps by Week 1.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
germannorseman
Backup

Post by germannorseman »

Perhaps Teddy will come back to us later as a backup.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

ProFootballTalk

Source: Teddy Bridgewater has passed physical, will sign with Jets
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014