Case Keenum is now a Denver Bronco, $18-20M per year

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Re: Case Keenum is now a Denver Bronco, $18-20M per year

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
PurpleKoolaid wrote: Wow, your own Favre lovin fan club. How nice.
Grow up man
Settle down dude.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

5thWave wrote:Go to a Broncos board. They are NOT happy with this deal. He will not start out there with good will from the fans.
I would imagine they see this as Kyle Orton 2.0.

But you know what? Case Keenum won over the fans of the Minnesota Vikings. He's got a fire in him to succeed. Something tells me Broncos fans are going to be surprised at how well he plays. And maybe by the end of the season, they'll accept him the way we did. Hope so.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:
5thWave wrote:Go to a Broncos board. They are NOT happy with this deal. He will not start out there with good will from the fans.

But you know what? Case Keenum won over the fans of the Minnesota Vikings. He's got a fire in him to succeed. Something tells me Broncos fans are going to be surprised at how well he plays. And maybe by the end of the season, they'll accept him the way we did. Hope so.
He's just a bridge player for them. I understand not being excited as a Broncos fan, but it beats the alternative of NOT having a bridge player at QB. They weren't going to get Cousins and they knew that before they signed Keenum. Broncos fans need to recalibrate given that reality.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

fiestavike wrote:
J. Kapp 11 wrote:

He's just a bridge player for them. I understand not being excited as a Broncos fan, but it beats the alternative of NOT having a bridge player at QB. They weren't going to get Cousins and they knew that before they signed Keenum. Broncos fans need to recalibrate given that reality.
They need to recalibrate in a lot of ways.

They were extremely lucky to pull off that last Super Bowl victory with Peyton Manning playing at sub-Dilfer level. Since then, they've gone 14-18, trending downward. How anyone could call this a good team is absolutely beyond me. I don't care about their defense, which is nowhere near what it was in 2015. As Bill Parcells is so often quoted: You are what your record says you are.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

I never thought Kase was all that as a QB, I just thought he was a good fit for us last year. He could easily regress next season. He didn't look to great against the Eagles. We shall see how he does in Denver. I don't think it will go too well there for him myself.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Case Keenum
Verified account

@casekeenum7
Follow Follow @casekeenum7
More
From the bottom of my heart, thank you Minnesota. Some of the most incredible, crazy, miraculous moments of my life happened this past year. Couldn't of happened without y'all. Made this Texas boy feel right at home.
https://twitter.com/casekeenum7/status/ ... 34304?s=09
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Case seems to be a pretty good guy. I think his time here was mutually beneficial which is great. I hope he can keep up the success he had with the Vikings last year - even if it will make our front office look a little foolish.
tzinc
Backup

Post by tzinc »

he has had exactly 1 good year in the nfl
and he is making 7 million less than Cousins who is a proven NFL QB
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

tzinc wrote:he has had exactly 1 good year in the nfl
Thats exactly why I wanted Cousins over Keenum. A lot less risk. But some cant get past the fact that Keenum went 13-3. Did he play well, yeah. But he had an unreal team around. Go put him on a mediocre to bad team and he's not successful. Imagine him on the Redskins. Guarantee he wouldnt have brought those teams to a .500 record. He's a QB that is good with talent around him but cant do it by himself. Cousins is the same way but more consistent over his career
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Thats exactly why I wanted Cousins over Keenum. A lot less risk. But some cant get past the fact that Keenum went 13-3. Did he play well, yeah. But he had an unreal team around. Go put him on a mediocre to bad team and he's not successful. Imagine him on the Redskins. Guarantee he wouldnt have brought those teams to a .500 record. He's a QB that is good with talent around him but cant do it by himself. Cousins is the same way but more consistent over his career
I like Case, but he got pretty ragged down the stretch. I thought he was clearly a backup in the 2nd half of the season. Forcasting out and assuming they are all healthy, I have the very unpopular take that the vikings QBs last year were 1. Bridgewater, 2. Keenum, 3. Bradford. Bradford's pocket presence (or lack there of) just eliminates all the things he does well being possible on a consistent basis (and he does a lot of things REALLY well).
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

fiestavike wrote:
I like Case, but he got pretty ragged down t
he stretch. I thought he was clearly a backup in the 2nd half of the season. Forcasting out and assuming they are all healthy, I have the very unpopular take that the vikings QBs last year were 1. Bridgewater, 2. Keenum, 3. Bradford. Bradford's pocket presence (or lack there of) just eliminates all the things he does well being possible on a consistent basis (and he does a lot of things REALLY well).
Bradford requires a CLEAN pocket 24/7 and in the NFL that's not going to happen. Pocket awareness and the ability to move around and buy time when the pocket is breaking down is an essential skill to be a great quarterback.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Maelstrom88 wrote:
Bradford requires a CLEAN pocket 24/7 and in the NFL that's not going to happen. Pocket awareness and the ability to move around and buy time when the pocket is breaking down is an essential skill to be a great quarterback.
I agree. Bradford has all the talent in the world but he's never been able to maximize it. That's not just because he's been on lousy teams (thats a factor) its also because he doesn't mitigate the negatives of his surrounding cast by doing the little things like climging the pocket well. Case will never have the raw talent of sam, but he DOES the little things well, and that enabled him to have great success last year.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
SkolScot
Practice Squad

Post by SkolScot »

I loved watching Keenum play - so many QBs won't throw to a guy who is covered and it kills me to see some of the WR talent that only gets a few targets per game because someone like Rhodes or Peterson is on their butt. Those moments where Case would float it to a covered WR and let them make a play and earn their money were fantastic viewing when we had a lead but as games became tight they were heart in mouth moments.

I hope Denver can beat those risks out of him because he seems like a great guy and he played his part in some great Skol moments this year. I can't really begrudge him anything - it's probably a Scottish thing, we're underdogs in everything so I love to cheer for those guys.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Name me 1 QB the had a good year with Jeff Fisher and the Rams.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

halfgiz wrote:
Name me 1 QB the had a good year with Jeff Fisher and the Rams.
Case actually did fairly well when he was there.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018