Time to move on from Waynes

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Time to move on from Waynes

Post by YikesVikes »

Rhodes Closed wrote:Because being average but great on the run is a bad thing?

Holy Toledo fellas, we gotta get rid of everybody not named Rhodes at the Cornerback position if that's the case!!!
Below average. I see you trying to make a case for him. Good teams continue to get better. For instance, possibly the best pass rushing team from last year, just traded for another pass rusher. Oh yeah, they won the chip and humbled us. Good teams identify needs and make moves to fix deficiencies.
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
Rhodes Closed wrote:Because being average but great on the run is a bad thing?

Holy Toledo fellas, we gotta get rid of everybody not named Rhodes at the Cornerback position if that's the case!!!
Yeah supposedly! We had the #2 pass defense in the NFL but Waynes is terrible and is a huge liability :roll: Yup makes total sense. It must be Rhodes that covers both sides of the field at the same time because I dont know how else we would've gotten that ranking. Hmmmm....
Number 2 in spite of his inability to cover. Your link addressed how poor he played. We might be number one with an upgrade and...Might win a chip.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

YikesVikes wrote:
Number 2 in spite of his inability to cover. Your link addressed how poor he played. We might be number one with an upgrade and...Might win a chip.
Yup, I'm sure that will win us a SB :roll: And the link showed how poor he played at first, and how much he improved as time went on if you actually read it. Either way, you wont win this argument....against anyone. You're drawing dead at this point
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

YikesVikes wrote:
Yup, I'm sure that will win us a SB :roll: And the link showed how poor he played at first, and how much he improved as time went on if you actually read it. Either way, you wont win this argument....against anyone. You're drawing dead at this point
The link showed he improved for less than half a season. :appl: A top passing defensive team just traded for two cbs but... were good :rofl:. Pass the koolaid
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

YikesVikes wrote:
YikesVikes wrote:
The link showed he improved for less than half a season. :appl: A top passing defensive team just traded for two cbs but... were good :rofl:. Pass the koolaid
The Rams were middle of the road in pass defense first of all. And secondly they let their best CB go and had no #2 along with him to begin with. So in turn, using that to defend your argument makes no sense. Give it a rest.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

They were 7th and 11th in qb rating and yards per attempt. So yes they were a top passing defense. We don't have a number 2 either :rofl: they let Johnson walk but they addressed both Corner positions. Both.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

YikesVikes wrote:They were 7th and 11th in qb rating and yards per attempt. So yes they were a top passing defense. We don't have a number 2 either :rofl: they let Johnson walk but they addressed both Corner positions. Both.
Again, this is nowhere near the same situation. And if we didn’t have a number two, we’d probably be drafting a CB early or signing a big FA. My guess is, it’s not happening so I would say we have a pretty good #2 then!
-Chazz Palminteri
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

YikesVikes wrote:They were 7th and 11th in qb rating and yards per attempt. So yes they were a top passing defense. We don't have a number 2 either :rofl: they let Johnson walk but they addressed both Corner positions. Both.
Again, this is nowhere near the same situation. And if we didn’t have a number two, we’d probably be drafting a CB early or signing a big FA. My guess is, it’s not happening so I would say we have a pretty good #2 then!
That's a logical fallacy. Point A being true (not drafting a CB high) doesn't make point B true (we have a pretty good #2).
Let's make this easy. Would you consider Waynes a strength of this team? If not, then a consideration to improve at his spot, should not be dismissed. So is he a strength to you?
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

YikesVikes wrote:
That's a logical fallacy. Point A being true (not drafting a CB high) doesn't make point B true (we have a pretty good #2).
Let's make this easy. Would you consider Waynes a strength of this team? If not, then a consideration to improve at his spot, should not be dismissed. So is he a strength to you?
Lol god you just won’t quit. His run support? Massive strength. Coverage wise, he’s average and showing improvement. Either way, no matter what I think or you think, it’s not happening. So why are we even discussing it? Enough already
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Waynes's game is almost identical to Winfield's. Awesome at run defense, mediocre in coverage, and doesn't miss many tackles. He isn't shutdown, but he's damn good and a great compliment to Rhodes.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

PurpleMustReign wrote:Waynes's game is almost identical to Winfield's. Awesome at run defense, mediocre in coverage, and doesn't miss many tackles. He isn't shutdown, but he's damn good and a great compliment to Rhodes.

Thank you I’m glad someone finally chimed in here. Agreed completely
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Waynes's game is almost identical to Winfield's. Awesome at run defense, mediocre in coverage, and doesn't miss many tackles. He isn't shutdown, but he's damn good and a great compliment to Rhodes.

I the OPs defense, Waynes allows completions, but rarely allows YAC. He's always around the ball, and I think he's getting better adult defending passes. I am anxious to see how he does this year.

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

PurpleMustReign wrote:

I the OPs defense, Waynes allows completions, but rarely allows YAC. He's always around the ball, and I think he's getting better adult defending passes. I am anxious to see how he does this year.

He’s definitely getting better defending passes. It showed at the end of last season. But to say we should cut him is absurd IMO
-Chazz Palminteri
YikesVikes
All Pro Elite Player

Post by YikesVikes »

When you start describing a CBs strengths with "he's good in run support"
Not saying run support isn't important but geez. Give me a technical break down of his skills set in coverage or something.
I would wager that he isn't average in coverage. Our disagreement is that I believe that he won't hit his potential (if he ever). Our pass rush hides a lot of his inconsistencies and result in over and underthrows by opposing QBs. When they pass rush doesn't get there, he's burnt toast more often than not.
:deadhorse: