Zim on Hot Seat?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

ocampo82
Backup

Re: Zim on Hot Seat?

Post by ocampo82 »

mosscarter wrote:At least Zimmer is self aware, because what he said is exactly right if they get the wrong QB it will cost him his job. Well, it is OBVIOUS who his choice is and that is Teddy. It is plainly obvious he has loved him from day one (for what reason I'll never know). He has been a horrible quarterback at best.
Over their careers Teddy has won nearly the same number of games--in less time--than Keenum has. "...horrible at best..." is Spurgeon Wynn, Josh Freeman--Teddy is not that.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

ocampo82 wrote:
mosscarter wrote:At least Zimmer is self aware, because what he said is exactly right if they get the wrong QB it will cost him his job. Well, it is OBVIOUS who his choice is and that is Teddy. It is plainly obvious he has loved him from day one (for what reason I'll never know). He has been a horrible quarterback at best.
Over their careers Teddy has won nearly the same number of games--in less time--than Keenum has. "...horrible at best..." is Spurgeon Wynn, Josh Freeman--Teddy is not that.
I really hope they don't put all of their eggs in the Teddy basket.
My preference in QB, i in order, is Keenum, Bradford, Cousins, Bridgewater. Our window is now, and while none of them have ever done anything in the postseason, they have all showed more than teddy has, imo.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PurpleMustReign wrote:I really hope they don't put all of their eggs in the Teddy basket.
My preference in QB, i in order, is Keenum, Bradford, Cousins, Bridgewater. Our window is now, and while none of them have ever done anything in the postseason, they have all showed more than teddy has, imo.

I hope they don’t either but I’m just not sure how you put Bradford above Cousins. Case I could see possibly but with Bradford’s injury concerns I would never trust him. Is he good when healthy? Yeah but we are in this to win a SB. Could he? Yeah possibly skill wise but you don’t know if he can ever stay healthy. Cousins has been consistent and healthy. I’m sick of having mediocre QBs or having seasons where our QB is out half the year. Cousins solves that problem
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

There's is absolutely zero chance they put all their eggs in the Bridgewater basket.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

S197 wrote:There's is absolutely zero chance they put all their eggs in the Bridgewater basket.
Yeah I would hope so
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

S197 wrote:There's is absolutely zero chance they put all their eggs in the Bridgewater basket.
No chance at all, even if Zimmer does like Teddy a lot. No HC will put thier #### on the line for that.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

PurpleKoolaid wrote:
No chance at all, even if Zimmer does like Teddy a lot. No HC will put thier #### on the line for that.
Valid point I agree
-Chazz Palminteri
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

No.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Purple Domination
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Purple Domination »

After years of subpar coaching we finally have a coach that I believe in and I would be very disappointed if he left for any reason, including being fired.

I heard the PA interview live and my take is that he is more comfortable and open now because he is more established. Only a coach secure in their position can casually reference the possibility of being fired. I agree with others, he realizes the consequences of this decision and this is the way he acknowledges it.

Let’s not forget, Zim has 40 wins in 4 seasons!
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Shooting for a Kirk Cousins and ending up with an AJ McCarron could put someone in the hot seat.
Especially if we would struggle.
germannorseman
Backup

Post by germannorseman »

Well that would be true, but could we blame Zim for a situation like that? I would think the GM would hold most of the burden. A coach has to play with what he has. I know Zim has a say, but right now we do not have a QB. But I get it coaches on the hot seat for not winning when the opportunity is there. The window is closing for us, weve only got a couple of years left with this team then it starts over again.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Yeah I agree that's more of a GM thing. Now if we grab Cousins, go 4-12, and have a bottom 10 defense that would be on Zimm.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

S197 wrote:Yeah I agree that's more of a GM thing. Now if we grab Cousins, go 4-12, and have a bottom 10 defense that would be on Zimm.
Even if we do get Cousins we will still need to somehow improve the OL.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

halfgiz wrote:
S197 wrote:Yeah I agree that's more of a GM thing. Now if we grab Cousins, go 4-12, and have a bottom 10 defense that would be on Zimm.
I agree, especially the depth. They were great at the beginning of the season but were awful once reiff and Elflein went down.

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

halfgiz wrote:
I'd argue upgrading the OL is even more important if the Vikings land Cousins. Keenum is better at evading pressure and extending plays. Contrary to popular belief, Keenum had less time to throw than Cousins in 2017.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014