Introductions - if you're new, say hello here

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

John
Bartender/Retired

Post by John »

Welcome to the board, Chris. :welcome

I hope you'll feel free to join any/all the conversations on the board. If you have any questions just ask and we'll help you out.

John
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

Chris2421 wrote:I've been a Viking fan since 1969.My folks are from the Richfield/Bloomington area ,and all of my relatives are still there.Me,I'm in the heart of Jaguar country,(thanks to Dad's time in Uncle Sam's airborne yacht club) and showing Purple Pride daily.My other interests are drag racing,and older Chrysler muscle cars

This is one of the most informative boards I've been on,and you folks have got it going on.
Good to have you here Chris. Do you get many of the Vikes games down there with the Jags being the local team? We usually have to battle the Chiefs, Cowboys, or Rams for air time here, so I end up going to the sports bar.

How old of Chrysler are we talking here? I used to love the old Super Bee's.
Mike

Chris2421
Rookie

Post by Chris2421 »

Thanks for the welcome.

Belive it or not,we do get a few good games,usually if the Vikings are playing a southern team. The Jags are always on a local channel,unless it's blacked out,which happened quite a bit last season.

How old of a muscle car?? I have a 70 Road Runner and a 71 Dodge Demon that I drag race.That's where my head is at.
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

Chris2421 wrote: How old of a muscle car?? I have a 70 Road Runner and a 71 Dodge Demon that I drag race.That's where my head is at.
That's about right. I graduated high school in 71!
Mike

John
Bartender/Retired

Post by John »

My older brother had a Super Bee 6 pack (Dodge, Plymouth?) I wasn't into those cars. But he tinkered with it for months and it was no longer street legal - he sold it to a drag racing team and drove it once. I think he said it was near 500 HP when he was done but he couldn't afford to keep it. He has always been into drag racing.

John
Swaps
Career Elite Player

Post by Swaps »

Frickin sweet!! another wrech head!!

I've got a '75 vette with a '396 big block sitting in my garage right now!

What do you think of my Defense Now?!??! BWRAAARRRGGGG!!
I look good in purple! - Jared Allen
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

Swaps wrote:I've got a '75 vette with a '396 big block sitting in my garage right now!
I'm drooling on my keyboard, dude. :bowdown:
Mike

Swaps
Career Elite Player

Post by Swaps »

:read: SITTING in my garage.

half the engine is tore apart. :( I havn't drivin it since May I believe. :(

BUT SOON!!!!

There is a car show in a couple weeks. Hopfully my roommate and I will get it running by then. He got his '68 Chevelle running last week. He built and dropped a 496ci Big Block into that. Pushing 680HP!!! HOLY CRAP! And that is BEFORE his nitrous bottles!! (he drag races... I cruise... BIG difference) I should have only about 350-375hp, once its running agian.
Chris2421
Rookie

Post by Chris2421 »

That 'Vette is a sweet ride!! :thumb:

The Road Runner is all apart as it's getting new paint. My Dad bought it brand new after a tour in 'Nam,and he's been after me to "git it done".The Demon we saved from the crusher,and put in a 383 big block.It's a mild pump gas engine,but the car runs 11.60's all day in the Florida heat.It's a drag race only ride.

I'm mainly into Mopar,but in reality I like all cars.If it catches my eye,then I'm into it.
viking_guy
Pro Bowl Elite Player

just joined

Post by viking_guy »

Hey, my name is Jon and I just joined the board. Looks good so far. Here is a little about myself: I am 34, live in South St Paul with my wife and 2-1/2 year old twin girls. I grew up in Bloomington and went to Jefferson. Went to School with a few old Viking's kids such as Bill Brown and Jim Marshall. Well that's about all for now, look forward to talking purple.

Have a good one - Jon
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: just joined

Post by Mothman »

Welcome aboard, Jon!

Jim
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Re: just joined

Post by Kansas Viking »

viking_guy wrote:Hey, my name is Jon and I just joined the board. Looks good so far. Here is a little about myself: I am 34, live in South St Paul with my wife and 2-1/2 year old twin girls. I grew up in Bloomington and went to Jefferson. Went to School with a few old Viking's kids such as Bill Brown and Jim Marshall. Well that's about all for now, look forward to talking purple.

Have a good one - Jon
:welcome to the board Jon. Glad to have you here and look forward to some good football this year.
Swaps
Career Elite Player

Post by Swaps »

welcome
TommyK

Post by TommyK »

Skol Vikings.
cbrennan

Post by cbrennan »

Im new. I was welcomed by kansas Viking already.

I gotta uncle that is die hard viking and raider fan. He's got a Culpepper and Randy Moss jersey both signed and framed and numbered from their rookie years(i'll see i if can get those pictures scanned and i'll show you guys) He's got just about everything that a fan can possibly collect and own. I'll see if i can get him to sign up here.