If the Bell doesn't ring in Pitt...

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

cmoss84
Veteran

If the Bell doesn't ring in Pitt...

Post by cmoss84 »

I realize there is about a 1% chance of this happening, but what if Bell's relationship in Pittsburgh completely sours over and they do not franchise him? What if he would be willing to sign a one year deal?
Would you offer him a 1 year deal at 12-14 million and sign a middle tier QB? Or do you push all chips in on Cousins/Brees either way? Bell could get 25-30 touches a game, easing Cook back into things. We couple also cut bait with Murray, putting his $ to Bell's one year deal.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Re: If the Bell doesn't ring in Pitt...

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Absolutely 100% no! We dont need to ease Cook into things. He tore his ACL week 4. He has had plenty of time to recover and is already a stud in the making. Taking a lesser QB to sign Bell might be the most ridiculous move I've ever seen the Vikings do. Ever.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
ocampo82
Backup

Post by ocampo82 »

I think if the Vikes have to settle for a lesser QB--in terms of salary--I think the additional money should be used for Norwell, or Sheldon Richardson.

He is the best RB in the league, but seems like a dbag.
mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

Post by mosscarter »

Trust me I live in Pittsburgh and he's already angered a lot of the fan base here. In addition to that, he's one more joint away from a year long suspension and he's injury prone. This move makes less than zero sense with Cook and Murray in our backfield.
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 720pete »

We tried going to the superbowl with a superstar running back for about 8 years straight. It didn't work out.

/partial sarcasm.
Last edited by 720pete on Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

720pete wrote:We tried going to the superbowl with a superstar running back for about 8 years straight. It didn't work out.
I agree, but part of that as because the coaches relied on him to be the full offense rather than putting talent around him.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:Absolutely 100% no! We dont need to ease Cook into things. He tore his ACL week 4. He has had plenty of time to recover and is already a stud in the making. Taking a lesser QB to sign Bell might be the most ridiculous move I've ever seen the Vikings do. Ever.
Yea, bad idea all around. We cant assume Cook is going to be less effective as he was before he tore his ACL. Hes as fit and younger then AD was when he tore his. Greenway was really good for the first years after he tore his in preseason. I personally think Cook is going to be a beast.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

PurpleKoolaid wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:Absolutely 100% no! We dont need to ease Cook into things. He tore his ACL week 4. He has had plenty of time to recover and is already a stud in the making. Taking a lesser QB to sign Bell might be the most ridiculous move I've ever seen the Vikings do. Ever.
Yea, bad idea all around. We cant assume Cook is going to be less effective as he was before he tore his ACL. Hes as fit and younger then AD was when he tore his. Greenway was really good for the first years after he tore his in preseason. I personally think Cook is going to be a beast.
Me too. I think he'll be one of the better RBs in the league this year.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Last season before Cook went down I thought we was giving him to many carries. This upcoming season I hope that they don't put that kind load on him. Especially coming back from an ACL.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

halfgiz wrote:
Last season before Cook went down I thought we was giving him to many carries. This upcoming season I hope that they don't put that kind load on him. Especially coming back from an ACL.
Well they now know that Murray has no problem carrying the load because they saw it this year. I’d like to see Cook getting 20+ and Murray getting around 10+ (if we keep Murray which I think we will). I don’t see any way we go from doing a great job last offseason in getting RB depth to just not resigning jet and letting Murray walk. It showed last year how valuable RB depth is
-Chazz Palminteri
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Bell has been tagged
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
cody_2664
Transition Player

Post by cody_2664 »

Cook. End of story.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Is this OUR year?
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

It's hilarious. Bell got tagged again and now he's threatening to retire. What a selfish pr***.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Rhodes Closed wrote:It's hilarious. Bell got tagged again and now he's threatening to retire. What a selfish pr***.
Agreed. I really have no use for that guy. Just an idiot
-Chazz Palminteri
cmoss84
Veteran

Post by cmoss84 »

I have a feeling Pitt will keep tagging him until Big Ben retires. This way, they can run Bell into the ground without having to worry about a long term commitment. When Big Ben retires, they let Bell (and all of his miles/bad attitude) loose and go into full rebuild mode.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.