2018 Offseason Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: 2018 Offseason Thread

Post by Rhodes Closed »

Free Agent Josh Andrews signed by us guys.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/02/12/v ... 1518491319
The Vikings have signed free-agent offensive lineman Josh Andrews, the team announced Monday. Andrews spent the previous three seasons in Philadelphia, where he played in 16 NFL games. A 6-foot-2, 315-pound guard, he spent all of 2017 on the Eagles’ practice squad.
Bigwehrm
Starter

Post by Bigwehrm »

Looks like Josh Sitton is gonna be available. How would he fit in? He's 31 so probly wont be a super long deal. But he did grade out as the 5th best guard in the league last year.
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

I am hoping Jet is talking about something other then being locked into a Vikings contract. Hes nothing but a mini version of Cook. Murry, with a re-tunes contract would be a much better fit, as would Blount. Even Hamm would be, hes a decent RB/FB. AD came back 100% after tearing his ACL, no reason to think Cook cant. We are going to be watching Cook highlights for at least 10 years i bet.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:
I am hoping Jet is talking about something other then being locked into a Vikings contract. Hes nothing but a mini version of Cook. Murry, with a re-tunes contract would be a much better fit, as would Blount. Even Hamm would be, hes a decent RB/FB. AD came back 100% after tearing his ACL, no reason to think Cook cant. We are going to be watching Cook highlights for at least 10 years i bet.
Lol again,weren’t you the one down on Murray all year and talking up McKinnon? Did someone hack into your computer
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
PurpleKoolaid wrote:
Lol again,weren’t you the one down on Murray all year and talking up McKinnon? Did someone hack into your computer
Ive never been a Jet fan either. The 2 were very close to the same YPC i think. And times when Murray was only getting a yard or 2 a carry, then I wanted Jet to go in to throw the D off, cause it could be a run or pass. But Our O was very conservative on both 1st and 3rd downs. Plus I would mind keeping Murray if he takes a pay cut, because it would such if Cook went down.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Vikings Expected to Receive Two Compensatory Picks Friday

https://vikingsterritory.com/2018/specu ... cks-friday
ocampo82
Backup

Post by ocampo82 »

Well if McKinnon re-upped with the Vikes, Murray has to be restructured or cut., right ?
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

ocampo82 wrote:Well if McKinnon re-upped with the Vikes, Murray has to be restructured or cut., right ?
I thought McKinnon made the statement he wanted to be a starting running back.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Bigwehrm wrote:Looks like Josh Sitton is gonna be available. How would he fit in? He's 31 so probly wont be a super long deal. But he did grade out as the 5th best guard in the league last year.
Since it looks like Berger is going to retire, I'd be in favor of bringing Sitton on board. He'd be a plug-and-play guy, ready to start from Day One.

He's 31, but the window is now, and if we cut Sharif Floyd, we'll have $57 million in cap space. We could certainly afford to be in the bidding for Sitton.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Bigwehrm wrote:Looks like Josh Sitton is gonna be available. How would he fit in? He's 31 so probly wont be a super long deal. But he did grade out as the 5th best guard in the league last year.
Since it looks like Berger is going to retire, I'd be in favor of bringing Sitton on board. He'd be a plug-and-play guy, ready to start from Day One.

He's 31, but the window is now, and if we cut Sharif Floyd, we'll have $57 million in cap space. We could certainly afford to be in the bidding for Sitton.
Will Floyd ever play again?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Raz
Veteran

Post by Raz »

Doubtful he has nerve damage from a botched knee operation
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Well, the Marcus Peters trade is official. He quickly wore out his welcome in KC by continuing to be an idiot on and off the field. Sure glad we drafted Waynes instead of Peters. Said that since day 1
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:Well, the Marcus Peters trade is official. He quickly wore out his welcome in KC by continuing to be an idiot on and off the field. Sure glad we drafted Waynes instead of Peters. Said that since day 1
Interesting, isn't it? Peters had 19 interceptions in 3 seasons, and Kansas City couldn't wait to get rid of him.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

halfgiz wrote:
ocampo82 wrote:Well if McKinnon re-upped with the Vikes, Murray has to be restructured or cut., right ?
I thought McKinnon made the statement he wanted to be a starting running back.
He posted on Twitter a picture of a lock (might have been purple I forget). Anyway people are speculating that since he can't talk to any other teams, he means he's locked into a new contract with the Vikings. But it's all speculation.