Next years QB

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

mosscarter
All Pro Elite Player

30 million a year for Cousins?

Post by mosscarter »

In all honesty, I don't see us throwing this type of money at him mainly because Zimmer has a high school crush on Teddy Bridgewater. Who, is obviously by far and away our worst option and yet I think it will be who they choose simply because of finances. Trust me, I hope I am wrong he isn't worth the league minimum in my opinion. Even 23 million for Case is steep, because he really did decline the last month of the season and in the playoffs (aside from the big play to Diggs). As always, we have a MAJOR quarterback problem.
Rock45
Rookie

Re: Next years QB

Post by Rock45 »

Zimmer said that he thought Bradford's knee issues were behind him. If that's the case, I'd offer Bradford a one year prove it deal. He's the most accurate qb on the market not named Drew Brees imho. Bradford also spent a lot of his own money trying to get that knee to heal quicker which says to me he likes being a Vike.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Rock45 wrote:Zimmer said that he thought Bradford's knee issues were behind him. If that's the case, I'd offer Bradford a one year prove it deal. He's the most accurate qb on the market not named Drew Brees imho. Bradford also spent a lot of his own money trying to get that knee to heal quicker which says to me he likes being a Vike.
We can't sign only Bradford though. Maybe sign him as a backup to Case but that would be a horrible decision to go in with only him out of the three.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:
fiestavike wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Well if you did a better job explaining yourself then people wouldn’t think that. You just blurt stuff out and then fail to support what you say
Wrong again. It was just an absurd comment by Kapp.
Absurd? Really?

Please, then. Educate us. Prove us wrong.

Give an opinion and support it with facts. Hell, give us ONE FACT. Feel free to take your time. We'll wait.

Are you sure you'd like a 'fact' or just a series of non sequiturs and red herrings to 'back up' your opinion.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
fiestavike wrote:Wrong again. It was just an absurd comment by Kapp.

I have no interest in trying to convince you of anything. You are free to hold whatever silly opinion you want.
Well I highly doubt our opinions are as silly as thinking Latavius Murray would be a 3rd RB or worse on most nfl teams :lol: But we’ll save that for a rainy day!
Don't forget, there are also teams he wouldn't roster on.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Rhodes Closed »

fiestavike wrote:

I have no interest in trying to convince you of anything. You are free to hold whatever silly opinion you want.
Well I highly doubt our opinions are as silly as thinking Latavius Murray would be a 3rd RB or worse on most nfl teams :lol: But we’ll save that for a rainy day!
Is there any evidence to back up your statement, or is it just pointless speculation?
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Yeah, which teams would no take Murray?

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Rock45
Rookie

Post by Rock45 »

PurpleMustReign wrote:
Rock45 wrote:Zimmer said that he thought Bradford's knee issues were behind him. If that's the case, I'd offer Bradford a one year prove it deal. He's the most accurate qb on the market not named Drew Brees imho. Bradford also spent a lot of his own money trying to get that knee to heal quicker which says to me he likes being a Vike.
We can't sign only Bradford though. Maybe sign him as a backup to Case but that would be a horrible decision to go in with only him out of the three.

why would you have case backing up bradford? maybe the other way around. Case may get starter money somewhere. Yeah, gotta get another guy in addition for sure. draft a guy maybe? fairly deep draft. deep free agent market for qb's too.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Rock45 wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:

why would you have case backing up bradford? maybe the other way around. Case may get starter money somewhere. Yeah, gotta get another guy in addition for sure. draft a guy maybe? fairly deep draft. deep free agent market for qb's too.
I'm calling Teddy, random backup free agent, highish draft pick.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

fiestavike wrote:

:roll: ugh I won’t even bother
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

J. Kapp 11 wrote:
fiestavike wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote: Well if you did a better job explaining yourself then people wouldn’t think that. You just blurt stuff out and then fail to support what you say
Wrong again. It was just an absurd comment by Kapp.
Absurd? Really?

Give an opinion and support it with facts. Hell, give us ONE FACT. Feel free to take your time. We'll wait.
He won’t. That’s the problem. Coming up with ABSURD speculation regarding Murray, what he’s said towards you, etc. Zero facts. And as he continues to quote us, he comes back with.....zero facts. It’s not even worth arguing because it’s that ridiculous
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

PurpleMustReign wrote:Yeah, which teams would no take Murray?

My guess is, he doesn’t know. Otherwise he would have said them by now. He just doesn’t like Murray which is fine. It’s your opinion. But to say teams wouldn’t even roster him is a complete joke
-Chazz Palminteri
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

fiestavike wrote:
J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Absurd? Really?

Are you sure you'd like a 'fact' or just a series of non sequiturs and red herrings to 'back up' your opinion.
Do you have even the slightest clue what I'm talking about?

Principle No. 1: By definition, an opinion can't be proved on its own. It must have facts to prove it.
"Spergon Wynn was a crap quarterback." Opinion. It's probably true, but it can't be proved on its own. It depends entirely on the opinion of the person making the assessment. Spergon Wynn's mom probably thinks he's a fabulous quarterback.

Principle No. 2: By definition, a fact stands on its own.
"Spergon Wynn had a career QBR of 39." Fact. It stands on its own.

Principle No. 3: Facts are used to support opinions.
"Spergon Wynn was a crap quarterback, as evidenced by his 39 career passer rating."

If I say, "Spergon Wynn was a crap quarterback," and you say, "Nuh-uh ... he was really good," we're both just being "argumentative." It's what children do. "Am not ... am too ... am not ... am too."

When I give an opinion, I ALWAYS back it up with statistics, quotes, comments from coaches ... something. That doesn't make me right. It simply means I've got an informed opinion. If I don't have any facts to back it, I make that disclaimer by saying something like, "That's just my opinion. Nothing to back it up." Lots of others on this board do the same thing. They at least make an attempt to back up their opinions.

But you ... I can't recall a single post where you've provided any such factual backup. So I'm asking you to do it, just once, just to prove you can. Or point me toward a comment where you actually did offer something to back your opinion. That's what I'm asking you to do.

Adults argue with facts. Please be an adult. Or at least stop insulting everybody who disagrees with you.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

<ModHat>Nobody has crossed any lines yet but I can feel it getting heated. Just be careful.</modhat>
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Cliff wrote:<ModHat>Nobody has crossed any lines yet but I can feel it getting heated. Just be careful.</modhat>
Sorry man. I'm really trying to be tactful here and explain my position. Hope I'm not nudging too closely. This is such a great board, precisely because we do a good job of sticking to football, arguing with facts, and refraining from insult. I hate it when we resort to insults. That's beneath this board.

That being said, I realize my tone there might not have been the best. Hope you understand my intent.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.