New OC Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
S197
Fenrir
Posts: 11224
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Location: Hawaii

Re: New OC Thread

Post by S197 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:39 pm

SkolVikings69 wrote:This is old, but references the rules. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnati ... llow-rules
Thanks that was helpful.
Candidates can choose to decline the interview to focus on preparing their current team for the postseason.
This is what pisses me off about Shurmur, he put himself above the team. Even if it's a half of a day, it's still a distraction and it was pretty clear the Vikings were poorly prepared. Maybe it wouldn't have made a difference but given the outcome, it's annoying. But I guess that's someone else's problem now.

User avatar
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver
Posts: 18384
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Location: Crystal, MN
Contact:

Re: New OC Thread

Post by PurpleMustReign » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:12 am

S197 wrote:
SkolVikings69 wrote:This is old, but references the rules. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnati ... llow-rules
Thanks that was helpful.
Candidates can choose to decline the interview to focus on preparing their current team for the postseason.
This is what pisses me off about Shurmur, he put himself above the team. Even if it's a half of a day, it's still a distraction and it was pretty clear the Vikings were poorly prepared. Maybe it wouldn't have made a difference but given the outcome, it's annoying. But I guess that's someone else's problem now.
I agree, and it's why I think the league needs to make a mandate that says no interviewing can be done until one week after the Super Bowl ends. It came back to bite new england in the end too, with Matt Patricia.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2017 #BringitHome‬

Dames
Transition Player
Posts: 391
Joined: Thu May 15, 2003 10:38 am
Location: Hanover, MN
Contact:

Re: New OC Thread

Post by Dames » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:48 am

PurpleMustReign wrote:
S197 wrote:
SkolVikings69 wrote:This is old, but references the rules. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnati ... llow-rules
Thanks that was helpful.
Candidates can choose to decline the interview to focus on preparing their current team for the postseason.
This is what pisses me off about Shurmur, he put himself above the team. Even if it's a half of a day, it's still a distraction and it was pretty clear the Vikings were poorly prepared. Maybe it wouldn't have made a difference but given the outcome, it's annoying. But I guess that's someone else's problem now.
I agree, and it's why I think the league needs to make a mandate that says no interviewing can be done until one week after the Super Bowl ends. It came back to bite new england in the end too, with Matt Patricia.
I've always felt like it's a huge distraction for coaches of teams in the playoffs. How could it not be? You'd like to think they are above it, but it's very hard to do your current job when you know you're leaving in 2 weeks and all you want to do is start your new job. It's hard to blame Shurmur for not delaying his interview though. He could have missed out on an opportunity, because teams are often in a hurry to make a move. I would love for the league to make a mandate that no team can interview until after the Superbowl, but I don't know that it will happen.
Damian

5thWave
Backup
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:31 pm
Location: Southwest Missouri

Re: New OC Thread

Post by 5thWave » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:13 pm

It did Indianapolis a whole lot of good.

User avatar
ocampo82
Backup
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:41 am

Re: New OC Thread

Post by ocampo82 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:36 pm

I don't think Dan Campbell...I just don't want him as the OC.


http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/ ... pheadlines

User avatar
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Candidate
Posts: 3604
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:52 am

Re: New OC Thread

Post by Texas Vike » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:36 pm

ocampo82 wrote:I don't think Dan Campbell...I just don't want him as the OC.


http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/ ... pheadlines

Lots of interesting 'info' or rumor at that link... looks like we want DeFillipo, but would settle for Stefanski; Giants want Stefanski. DeFilipo may now get the OC job in Philly, if Indy were to hire Frank Reich... "Like sand through the hourglass.... These are the days of our lives!"

Really hoping that we don't lose out on both.

And Leslie Frazier is being considered for the INDY job? :?

User avatar
Mothman
Defensive Tackle
Posts: 37379
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:48 am
Location: Chicago, IL

Re: New OC Thread

Post by Mothman » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:53 pm

Texas Vike wrote:And Leslie Frazier is being considered for the INDY job? :?
He coached there as an assistant under Dungy so he has some ties to that organization.

User avatar
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver
Posts: 18384
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Location: Crystal, MN
Contact:

Re: New OC Thread

Post by PurpleMustReign » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:30 pm

Mothman wrote:
Texas Vike wrote:And Leslie Frazier is being considered for the INDY job? :?
He coached there as an assistant under Dungy so he has some ties to that organization.
But still, he sucks.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2017 #BringitHome‬

User avatar
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5281
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY

Re: New OC Thread

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:26 pm

We just landed DeFelippo!! Excellent hire. I wanted either him or Bevell
Image

User avatar
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver
Posts: 18384
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Location: Crystal, MN
Contact:

Re: New OC Thread

Post by PurpleMustReign » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:28 pm

Pondering Her Percy wrote:We just landed DeFelippo!! Excellent hire. I wanted either him or Bevell
I hope you are right.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2017 #BringitHome‬

User avatar
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5281
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY

Re: New OC Thread

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:34 pm

PurpleMustReign wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:We just landed DeFelippo!! Excellent hire. I wanted either him or Bevell
I hope you are right.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
He’s been highly touted the last few years. I think he was the best option out there and we didn’t waste any time
Image

User avatar
ocampo82
Backup
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:41 am

Re: New OC Thread

Post by ocampo82 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:50 pm

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:We just landed DeFelippo!! Excellent hire. I wanted either him or Bevell
I hope you are right.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
He’s been highly touted the last few years. I think he was the best option out there and we didn’t waste any time

oh wow!

User avatar
Maelstrom88
Transition Player
Posts: 369
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:38 am

Re: New OC Thread

Post by Maelstrom88 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:56 pm

Honestly way more excited with him than a retread. I think Philly has a very impressive offensive scheme. Does this make a Foles trade possible?
Offseason Goal: Draft durable, tough, intelligent offensive lineman who are dependable technicians and avoid penalties aka drive killers.

User avatar
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer
Posts: 5281
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:38 am
Location: Watertown, NY

Re: New OC Thread

Post by Pondering Her Percy » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:20 pm

Maelstrom88 wrote:Honestly way more excited with him than a retread. I think Philly has a very impressive offensive scheme. Does this make a Foles trade possible?
I will be so ticked if we trade for Foles. I don’t see Philly being where they were if they had Foles all year. We already traded for Bradford. I don’t see us giving up picks for Foles. He could’ve been riding a wave just like Case was. Too unproven and too much of an erratic career for my liking.

#BringAboardCaptainKirk
Image

User avatar
S197
Fenrir
Posts: 11224
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Location: Hawaii

Re: New OC Thread

Post by S197 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:13 pm

Not official but yeah I came here to say it sounds like DeFilippo is the guy. But PHP beat me to it. Glad it isn't Bevell!!

Post Reply