New OC Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

S197
Fenrir

Re: New OC Thread

Post by S197 »

SkolVikings69 wrote:This is old, but references the rules. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnati ... llow-rules
Thanks that was helpful.
Candidates can choose to decline the interview to focus on preparing their current team for the postseason.
This is what pisses me off about Shurmur, he put himself above the team. Even if it's a half of a day, it's still a distraction and it was pretty clear the Vikings were poorly prepared. Maybe it wouldn't have made a difference but given the outcome, it's annoying. But I guess that's someone else's problem now.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

S197 wrote:
SkolVikings69 wrote:This is old, but references the rules. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnati ... llow-rules
Thanks that was helpful.
Candidates can choose to decline the interview to focus on preparing their current team for the postseason.
This is what pisses me off about Shurmur, he put himself above the team. Even if it's a half of a day, it's still a distraction and it was pretty clear the Vikings were poorly prepared. Maybe it wouldn't have made a difference but given the outcome, it's annoying. But I guess that's someone else's problem now.
I agree, and it's why I think the league needs to make a mandate that says no interviewing can be done until one week after the Super Bowl ends. It came back to bite new england in the end too, with Matt Patricia.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Dames
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dames »

PurpleMustReign wrote:
S197 wrote:
Thanks that was helpful.
I agree, and it's why I think the league needs to make a mandate that says no interviewing can be done until one week after the Super Bowl ends. It came back to bite new england in the end too, with Matt Patricia.
I've always felt like it's a huge distraction for coaches of teams in the playoffs. How could it not be? You'd like to think they are above it, but it's very hard to do your current job when you know you're leaving in 2 weeks and all you want to do is start your new job. It's hard to blame Shurmur for not delaying his interview though. He could have missed out on an opportunity, because teams are often in a hurry to make a move. I would love for the league to make a mandate that no team can interview until after the Superbowl, but I don't know that it will happen.
Damian
5thWave
Backup

Post by 5thWave »

It did Indianapolis a whole lot of good.
ocampo82
Backup

Post by ocampo82 »

I don't think Dan Campbell...I just don't want him as the OC.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/ ... pheadlines
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

ocampo82 wrote:I don't think Dan Campbell...I just don't want him as the OC.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/ ... pheadlines

Lots of interesting 'info' or rumor at that link... looks like we want DeFillipo, but would settle for Stefanski; Giants want Stefanski. DeFilipo may now get the OC job in Philly, if Indy were to hire Frank Reich... "Like sand through the hourglass.... These are the days of our lives!"

Really hoping that we don't lose out on both.

And Leslie Frazier is being considered for the INDY job? :?
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

Texas Vike wrote:And Leslie Frazier is being considered for the INDY job? :?
He coached there as an assistant under Dungy so he has some ties to that organization.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Mothman wrote:
Texas Vike wrote:And Leslie Frazier is being considered for the INDY job? :?
He coached there as an assistant under Dungy so he has some ties to that organization.
But still, he sucks.

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

We just landed DeFelippo!! Excellent hire. I wanted either him or Bevell
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Pondering Her Percy wrote:We just landed DeFelippo!! Excellent hire. I wanted either him or Bevell
I hope you are right.

Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

PurpleMustReign wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:We just landed DeFelippo!! Excellent hire. I wanted either him or Bevell
I hope you are right.

He’s been highly touted the last few years. I think he was the best option out there and we didn’t waste any time
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
ocampo82
Backup

Post by ocampo82 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:
I hope you are right.

He’s been highly touted the last few years. I think he was the best option out there and we didn’t waste any time

oh wow!
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Honestly way more excited with him than a retread. I think Philly has a very impressive offensive scheme. Does this make a Foles trade possible?
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Maelstrom88 wrote:Honestly way more excited with him than a retread. I think Philly has a very impressive offensive scheme. Does this make a Foles trade possible?
I will be so ticked if we trade for Foles. I don’t see Philly being where they were if they had Foles all year. We already traded for Bradford. I don’t see us giving up picks for Foles. He could’ve been riding a wave just like Case was. Too unproven and too much of an erratic career for my liking.

#BringAboardCaptainKirk
-Chazz Palminteri
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Not official but yeah I came here to say it sounds like DeFilippo is the guy. But PHP beat me to it. Glad it isn't Bevell!!