View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 New OC Thread 
Defensive Tackle

Post Re: New OC Thread
mansquatch wrote:
So why is it limited to those three?

It isn't, those are just names that have come up in the press and here on the board. Saints assistant head coach/tight ends coach Dan Campbell has been rumored to be in the mix for the job and so has Texans quarterbacks coach Sean Ryan.

Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:10 pm
Transition Player

Mothman wrote:
Saints assistant head coach/tight ends coach Dan Campbell has been rumored to be in the mix for the job

Sweet. He must be bring Brees with him. Hire him now! :lol:

Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:12 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Inductee

mansquatch wrote:
So why is it limited to those three? I think it is a mistake if the Vikings say "well these are the three guys, so let's choose the least bad." If that is the case, then they should either promote someone currently on the staff or broaden the search and try to find a the next big things vs. one of these re-treads.

As I said before, this roster is a huge opportunity. They should have the pick of the litter and they should act like it.

I dont think its limited at all. They have already expressed interest in a handful of candidates. I highly, highly doubt they are just going to choose the "least bad" of the 3

Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:20 pm
Hall of Famer

Dames wrote:
Mothman wrote:
Saints assistant head coach/tight ends coach Dan Campbell has been rumored to be in the mix for the job

Sweet. He must be bring Brees with him. Hire him now! :lol:

Y'know, I really don't think I'd want the Vikings to sign Brees, mainly because the last time we signed a 39-year-old future HOFer, it didn't end up that well.

But it WAS interesting how Brees and several Vikings were looking awfully chummy during Pro Bowl week. And that Brees tossed a TD pass to Thielen. And several nice balls to Kyle Rudolph. Instant chemistry?

No. Forget it. Not gonna happen.

Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:55 pm
All Pro Elite Player

Dan Campbell interviews with the Vikings is today. I think he is the last on the list.

Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:40 am
All Pro Elite Player

@christomasson
44m
A source close to the situation doesn't believe #Vikings will make announcement on the offensive coordinator they will hire until next week after Super Bowl. Interviewed have been Darrell Bevell Kevin Stefanski Sean Ryan & Dan Campbell, the last one meeting with Mike Zimmer today

Well that sucks....I was hoping we would hear something this week.

Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:04 pm
Fenrir

Oh man, KAO 2.0 is coming. I just know it. :cry:

Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:56 pm
Backup

Here's a thought: John DeFilipo

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/31/vikings-may-interview-john-defilippo/

Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:31 pm
Rookie

Just seen an interesting comment from Adam Schefter:
Quote:
Vikings would like to talk with Eagles' QB coach John DeFilippo about their OC job but cannot do so until 10 days after Philadelphia's season ends, which would be Feb 14, per league source. Right now Vikings appear willing to wait

It looks like it's complicated because he's a QB coach - therefore normally the Eagles could just deny us access to him (as apparently they did to teams last year) but as he's in the last season of his contract we can wait the ten days post-season.

Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:33 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

JDLon wrote:
Quote:
Vikings would like to talk with Eagles' QB coach John DeFilippo about their OC job but cannot do so until 10 days after Philadelphia's season ends, which would be Feb 14, per league source. Right now Vikings appear willing to wait

It looks like it's complicated because he's a QB coach - therefore normally the Eagles could just deny us access to him (as apparently they did to teams last year) but as he's in the last season of his contract we can wait the ten days post-season.

Probably a good hire, but also probably another one and done before taking a HC job. I hate how gimmicky NFL offenses have become though. Its so frustrating to watch how genuinely helpless good NFL defenses are when matched up against an offense that efficiently runs all kinds of rub routes and RPOs and hurry up offense etc. It works so well that its obviously the way of the future as long as defenses aren't allowed to punish offensive players to keep things honest. I guess its the new normal, and DeFilippo, given his background, should clearly knows how to run it.

Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:50 am
Fenrir

JDLon wrote:
Quote:

How is it that teams can talk to Shurmur before our championship game but we have to wait 10 days after their season is over?

Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:21 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

S197 wrote:

How is it that teams can talk to Shurmur before our championship game but we have to wait 10 days after their season is over?

Exactly.

Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:45 pm
Veteran

How did Detroit already hire Matt Patricia as there head coach?, why do the Eagles get 10 days?

Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:22 pm
Practice Squad

Husker Vike wrote:
How did Detroit already hire Matt Patricia as there head coach?, why do the Eagles get 10 days?

They likely talked to him during the prior window when Shurmur was being interviewed. We didn’t talk to anyone during that window because we didn’t know we wouldn’t have an OC.

Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:57 pm
Practice Squad

This is old, but references the rules. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnati ... llow-rules

Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:01 pm
Fenrir

SkolVikings69 wrote:
This is old, but references the rules. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnati ... llow-rules

Thanks that was helpful.

Quote:
Candidates can choose to decline the interview to focus on preparing their current team for the postseason.

This is what pisses me off about Shurmur, he put himself above the team. Even if it's a half of a day, it's still a distraction and it was pretty clear the Vikings were poorly prepared. Maybe it wouldn't have made a difference but given the outcome, it's annoying. But I guess that's someone else's problem now.

Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:39 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

S197 wrote:
SkolVikings69 wrote:

Thanks that was helpful.

Quote:
Candidates can choose to decline the interview to focus on preparing their current team for the postseason.

This is what pisses me off about Shurmur, he put himself above the team. Even if it's a half of a day, it's still a distraction and it was pretty clear the Vikings were poorly prepared. Maybe it wouldn't have made a difference but given the outcome, it's annoying. But I guess that's someone else's problem now.
I agree, and it's why I think the league needs to make a mandate that says no interviewing can be done until one week after the Super Bowl ends. It came back to bite new england in the end too, with Matt Patricia.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:12 am
Profile YIM WWW
Transition Player

PurpleMustReign wrote:
S197 wrote:
SkolVikings69 wrote:

Thanks that was helpful.

Quote:

I agree, and it's why I think the league needs to make a mandate that says no interviewing can be done until one week after the Super Bowl ends. It came back to bite new england in the end too, with Matt Patricia.

I've always felt like it's a huge distraction for coaches of teams in the playoffs. How could it not be? You'd like to think they are above it, but it's very hard to do your current job when you know you're leaving in 2 weeks and all you want to do is start your new job. It's hard to blame Shurmur for not delaying his interview though. He could have missed out on an opportunity, because teams are often in a hurry to make a move. I would love for the league to make a mandate that no team can interview until after the Superbowl, but I don't know that it will happen.

Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:48 am
Profile WWW
Backup

It did Indianapolis a whole lot of good.

Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:13 pm
Backup

I don't think Dan Campbell...I just don't want him as the OC.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/ ... pheadlines

Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:36 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

ocampo82 wrote:
I don't think Dan Campbell...I just don't want him as the OC.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/ ... pheadlines

Lots of interesting 'info' or rumor at that link... looks like we want DeFillipo, but would settle for Stefanski; Giants want Stefanski. DeFilipo may now get the OC job in Philly, if Indy were to hire Frank Reich... "Like sand through the hourglass.... These are the days of our lives!"

Really hoping that we don't lose out on both.

And Leslie Frazier is being considered for the INDY job? :?

Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:36 pm
Defensive Tackle

Texas Vike wrote:

He coached there as an assistant under Dungy so he has some ties to that organization.

Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:53 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

Mothman wrote:
Texas Vike wrote:

He coached there as an assistant under Dungy so he has some ties to that organization.
But still, he sucks.

Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:30 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Hall of Fame Inductee

We just landed DeFelippo!! Excellent hire. I wanted either him or Bevell

Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:26 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
I hope you are right.

Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:28 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Hall of Fame Inductee

PurpleMustReign wrote:
I hope you are right.

He’s been highly touted the last few years. I think he was the best option out there and we didn’t waste any time

Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:34 pm
Backup

PurpleMustReign wrote:
I hope you are right.

He’s been highly touted the last few years. I think he was the best option out there and we didn’t waste any time

oh wow!

Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:50 pm
Veteran

Honestly way more excited with him than a retread. I think Philly has a very impressive offensive scheme. Does this make a Foles trade possible?

Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:56 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

Maelstrom88 wrote:
Honestly way more excited with him than a retread. I think Philly has a very impressive offensive scheme. Does this make a Foles trade possible?

I will be so ticked if we trade for Foles. I don’t see Philly being where they were if they had Foles all year. We already traded for Bradford. I don’t see us giving up picks for Foles. He could’ve been riding a wave just like Case was. Too unproven and too much of an erratic career for my liking.

#BringAboardCaptainKirk

Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:20 pm
Fenrir

Not official but yeah I came here to say it sounds like DeFilippo is the guy. But PHP beat me to it. Glad it isn't Bevell!!

Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next