2018 Vikings Free Agents

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

2018 Vikings Free Agents

Post by 720pete »

Here is a list of 2018 free agents. We've discussed QB ad nauseam. Curious to see which of these guy's you would like back.
  1. QB Sam Bradford
  2. QB Case Keenum
  3. QB Teddy Bridgewater
  4. CB Terrance Newman
  5. CB Marcus Sherels
  6. CB Tramaine Brock
  7. DT Tom Johnson
  8. DT Shamar Stephen
  9. G Joe Berger
  10. K Kai Forbath
  11. OLB Emmanuel Lamur
  12. RB Jerick McKinnon
  13. RB Bishop Sankey
  14. WR Michael Floyd
Rhodes Closed
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: 2018 Vikings Free Agents

Post by Rhodes Closed »

Resign Case, Teddy, Sherels, Newman, Johnson, and Berger (if the last three don't retire). The others, we can honestly hand out to free agency.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Rhodes Closed wrote:Resign Case, Teddy, Sherels, Newman, Johnson, and Berger (if the last three don't retire). The others, we can honestly hand out to free agency.
I'd actually sign Forbath but draft the kicker from Georgia as well if he's there in the late rounds. If he isn't, then you still have a decent kicker. Idk if there are any better kickers available through FA this off season?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Sherels, Stephen, and maybe Lamur. McKinnon would be nice but he'll command too much. Newman is the most interesting one to me on the list. Maybe a coaching opportunity for him? He's a great guy to have in the locker room in some capacity.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

The DT situation should be watched closely. Floyd is all but done at this point. Stephen and Johnson are strong role players, but neither add juice to the DL. Will be very interesting to see what they do there. Maybe see if Miami wants to let Suh go for a championship push.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Slick Rick
Transition Player

Post by Slick Rick »

Keenum, Bridgewater, Sherels, Forbath and also Stephen if we can get him back for cheap - I liked him as a reserve and he's only in his mid 20s I think, but I wouldn't be particularly sad if we saw him walk.
TeamChaplain
All Pro Elite Player

Post by TeamChaplain »

720pete wrote:Here is a list of 2018 free agents. We've discussed QB ad nauseam. Curious to see which of these guy's you would like back.
  1. QB Sam Bradford
  2. QB Case Keenum
  3. QB Teddy Bridgewater
  4. CB Terrance Newman
  5. CB Marcus Sherels
  6. CB Tramaine Brock
  7. DT Tom Johnson
  8. DT Shamar Stephen
  9. G Joe Berger
  10. K Kai Forbath
  11. OLB Emmanuel Lamur
  12. RB Jerick McKinnon
  13. RB Bishop Sankey
  14. WR Michael Floyd
I'd say Keenum, Newman, Sherels, Johnson, Stephen, Forbath, Lamur and Floyd.
From the Fjords of ValHalla
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I'm shocked at how many people want Forbath back
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

What if Bradford if completely healthy? I think he might be cheaper than Keenum. he'd be great for this team if he can stay healthy . What was his final diagnosis or is it still a mystery what caused his pain?
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

808vikingsfan wrote:What if Bradford if completely healthy? I think he might be cheaper than Keenum. he'd be great for this team if he can stay healthy . What was his final diagnosis or is it still a mystery what caused his pain?
When has he ever been? Other then when he started playing. Quite a few teams took a chance on him, and he always is hurt. We tried, and failed. Lets someone else try him out now.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

S197 wrote:I'm shocked at how many people want Forbath back
Replace him with who?

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

PurpleMustReign wrote:
Replace him with who?

Exactly. If we draft another we wont know what we are getting (other then that one kid, I forget the school or his name). I wouldnt mind getting a FA if theres one out there. Theres simply no excuse, other then being a head case, to miss that many extra points. I am hope we use all of our good picks on the Oline, and a DT. And I think we will need a CB as well. It doesnt really allow room for a quality kicked.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:
Replace him with who?

Exactly. If we draft another we wont know what we are getting (other then that one kid, I forget the school or his name). I wouldnt mind getting a FA if theres one out there. Theres simply no excuse, other then being a head case, to miss that many extra points. I am hope we use all of our good picks on the Oline, and a DT. And I think we will need a CB as well. It doesnt really allow room for a quality kicked.
Really don’t think Forbath is a “head case” whatever that’s suppose to mean. Let’s not forget if it wasn’t for Forbath we would’ve lost to the saints. I think we can do better but I don’t mind him. And what doesn’t allow for room for a kicker? We can draft one in the 5th-7th round easily. Lutz was undrafted and Butker was a 7th round pick. Both were good kickers this year. We aren’t spending all our good picks on OL. Just not realistic. I’m sure we’d spend a couple but that’s it
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

PurpleKoolaid wrote:
808vikingsfan wrote:What if Bradford if completely healthy? I think he might be cheaper than Keenum. he'd be great for this team if he can stay healthy . What was his final diagnosis or is it still a mystery what caused his pain?
When has he ever been? Other then when he started playing. Quite a few teams took a chance on him, and he always is hurt. We tried, and failed. Lets someone else try him out now.
A year ago? I just don't think getting rid of him is a given. If the staff knows what the problem was, I still see him as an option. I'm leaning towards kirk at the moment since I'm hearing the Vikings is one of the teams he would be interested in playing for but I would be OK with a healthy Bradford for cheaper.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

808vikingsfan wrote:
PurpleKoolaid wrote:
A year ago? I just don't think getting rid of him is a given. If the staff knows what the problem was, I still see him as an option. I'm leaning towards kirk at the moment since I'm hearing the Vikings is one of the teams he would be interested in playing for but I would be OK with a healthy Bradford for cheaper.
I’m not opposed to that either. Everyone says “teddy didn’t get to play with a good OL, WRs and RB”. Well neither did Bradford and Bradford is a better pure QB. If we’re willing to give a guy that hasn’t played in two years and nearly lost his leg a shot I’m not opposed to giving Bradford a shot if the price is right. I’m definitely all for Cousins, then probably Case but Bradford is a close second
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri