Vikings Masters of Building and Destroying Hope

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

tzinc
Backup

Vikings Masters of Building and Destroying Hope

Post by tzinc »

The Saints Win was just to get our hopes up so they could be destroyed again.

They looked like a different team NO OFFENSE and NO DEFENSE

Missed tackles Missed coverage

One of the historically great defenses of all time

Just like 70s Vikings
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Re: Vikings Masters of Building and Destroying Hope

Post by VikingLord »

tzinc wrote:The Saints Win was just to get our hopes up so they could be destroyed again.

Just like 70s Vikings
I'm pretty sure the 70s Vikes never got their a$$e$ handed to them like that...
Lash Man
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Lash Man »

VikingLord wrote:
tzinc wrote:The Saints Win was just to get our hopes up so they could be destroyed again.

Just like 70s Vikings
I'm pretty sure the 70s Vikes never got their a$$e$ handed to them like that...

They did in every SB they played in ( 4 ) the games went exactly like yesterday , completely manhandled and out schemed . We improved the O line this past offseason but we are no where near good enough or physical enough .
LETS GO VIKINGS ! :rock:
germannorseman
Backup

Post by germannorseman »

This team fits me perfectly. Good at many things, master at none. I life full of Hope but never can have full success. I think I'll stick with them.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
SkolScot
Practice Squad

Post by SkolScot »

This is probably why I picked The Vikings - I'm Scottish, disappointment is my birthright.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
purplenoway
Rookie

Post by purplenoway »

Glad they lost, better that they lose in the NFCCG instead of losing big in the SB again. How dysfunctional is that?
Vikes Guy
Waterboy

Post by Vikes Guy »

First post and this seemed like a fitting place to start. I had given up last week and took my old Anthony Carter jersey off and hung it up until next year, tossed my Moss one with it. I swore, #### and complained to my wife which she's heard plenty of times before while watching my football teams. Being a long suffering Canadian Vikings fan I feel for the season ticket holders and diehards who have seen it all go down in flames way too many times. I assured my wife that miracle comebacks that happen regularly in the CFL just don't happen down south. Then we all know what happened. Rode that high all week and after that first Vikes drive in Philly I felt great. It was all lining up for that special year to finally happen. We all know the crap that hit the fan after that. The only thing that saved my Sunday was the fact that we picked up our 12 week old toy poodle earlier that day from the breeder. Focus has been on that little dude and not the total disappointment. His collar, leash and toys that we've bought him are all purple.

I've been a Viking fan for as long as I've been a football fan. I started watching at the age of seven or so which is cough..48 friggin years.
My parents watched Bud Grant while living in Winnipeg and became Viking fans. After moving to Toronto they continued to be fans and I obviously followed their footsteps once born. My mom and uncle were also gutted on Sunday.

I've witnessed the destroying of hope too many times. Once again my heart goes out to every Vikings fan out there. I also have my Toronto Argonauts who were established in 1873. I've been lucky enough to witness Grey Cup Championships in person and they are GREAT. With so many fewer teams your team is bound to win eventually but long droughts do occur such as Winnipeg is going through. I believe their last Grey Cup win was in 88.

It's so difficult to watch very good or Great Viking teams screw up when it matters most only to witness New England and wonder how the hell does a run like this even happen? I mean this team could win with a solid rock hard ball or a ball without air. I'm cheering for them as I'm a Wolverine and Brady fan. Plus screw Philly!!!!

Once again sorry that you'll have to deal with those nutter Philly fans.

I'm so bloody sad about this one.
Nothing better then having your team win a Championship like my Toronto Argonauts so please Vikings get it together. 48 years as a fan is way too long to wait. Win or lose I'm a Viking fan for LIFE.
SkolVikings69
Practice Squad

Post by SkolVikings69 »

While not quite as cool as hitting for the cycle, we’ve now lost an NFC Championship game to every team in the NFC East. Now none of them need to feel like the only kid that didn’t get an X-Box for Christmas. So there’s that.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

SkolVikings69 wrote:While not quite as cool as hitting for the cycle, we’ve now lost an NFC Championship game to every team in the NFC East. Now none of them need to feel like the only kid that didn’t get an X-Box for Christmas. So there’s that.
0 for 10. 10 times the vikings have been one of the final 4 teams remaining. 0 times they have managed to win the super bowl.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I honestly didn't watch one second of the
championship game ...I could feel it coming
we barely got past the saints (which I didn't
watch most of the second half...)

The thing I loved about football was
hard hitting grit of the game. Ronnie
Lott type players ...now it themes for
every month, Twitter, fantasy driven
fans of players...the game has just
changed...yeah there are a few throw
back players ...yes...but mostly a bunch
of ignorant guys I have a hard time
supporting and rooting for...
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
tzinc
Backup

Post by tzinc »

Every long time Viking fan knew what was coming...

You can have the best defence and they will lose
You can have the best offence and they will lose
You can have a great defence and great offence and great ST and still they will lose
You can have a FG kicker who didn't miss once all year
You can have a 1 loss season
You can have home field advantage
You can have the MVP
You can have top passing game
You can have top running game
You can have a team filled with Pro Bowlers

Not only will they lose but they will lose in some heartbreaking way some way so unexpected it will blow your mind and destroy your soul...

This year was a masterpiece you knew that the huge lead on NO was not enough and then when we scored you knew we had scored too quickly and you knew that last second pass would fail... BUT IT DIDN'T

so you go to Philly with same record as them and better defence and offence than them and being favoured over them... well at least it will be a close game even if we lose somehow and BOOM THERE IT IS

BLOWOUT!!!!!!