New OC Thread

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

New OC Thread

Post by dead_poet »

Since it's assumed Shurmer is gone, thread discussing his potential replacement.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: New OC Thread

Post by dead_poet »

OC names for Vikes by @JReidDraftScout:

1. John DiFlippo
2. John Morton
3. Kevin Stefanski
4. Tee Martin
5. Harold Goodwin
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Per Rapoport, two names the Vikes will consider: McAdoo and Mike McCoy.

Morton or Stefanski are probably 1 and 2 on my list, though Stefanski doesn't have the experience.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

I'd be happy with Mcadoo (drew up a better game plan to attack the Eagles D than Atlanta) or McCoy (Excellent offensive mind). Mularkey would be good too.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Hiring old head coaches as assistants and coordinators has been good to us.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

TSonn wrote:Hiring old head coaches as assistants and coordinators has been good to us.
True but then they all want to leave.
What about Sparano as OC?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Laserman
Hall of Famer

Post by Laserman »

What about the Guy the steelers just fired? Seems I heard his offenses have been in the top 10 scoring and yardage for several years. Shouldn't he be considered? I heard to day the browns are going hard after him
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Laserman wrote:What about the Guy the steelers just fired? Seems I heard his offenses have been in the top 10 scoring and yardage for several years. Shouldn't he be considered? I heard to day the browns are going hard after him
Haley? Yeah. Seems to have success. But may be hard to work with. He never got along with Big Been. Arizona has been linked to him, too.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Laserman wrote:What about the Guy the steelers just fired? Seems I heard his offenses have been in the top 10 scoring and yardage for several years. Shouldn't he be considered? I heard to day the browns are going hard after him
Todd Haley? Please no. The guy has serious issues. He's a combative yeller and screamer. He gets in bar fights. He's been run out of every job he's ever had in the NFL.

I'd rather see Kevin Stefanski promoted.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Kevin Stefanski would be my choice, simply because he knows Case and our offense the best.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Wasn't a big fan of shurmer anyway. Need a more physical offense. I think that showed last night.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

I think losing Shurmer is going to hurt us. Our offensive was always adjusting and getting things done this year. We moved the ball yesterday, but struggled a bit in the red zone to no one's surprise given who we were playing. That isn't why we lost, our defense not showing up is why we lost yesterday.

On Mcadoo, umm, look at how he handled Eli Manning this year. You want someone what that lack of people skills to handle our QB situation? NO THANK YOU.

I have no idea who the right guy is. I just hope they find a guy who fits in with this staff and is SMART and able to adapt to what we have on the roster instead of being a guy who tries to force us into whatever system he likes to run.

This hire is hugely important for us going into next season.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

mansquatch wrote:I think losing Shurmer is going to hurt us. Our offensive was always adjusting and getting things done this year. We moved the ball yesterday, but struggled a bit in the red zone to no one's surprise given who we were playing. That isn't why we lost, our defense not showing up is why we lost yesterday.

On Mcadoo, umm, look at how he handled Eli Manning this year. You want someone what that lack of people skills to handle our QB situation? NO THANK YOU.

I have no idea who the right guy is. I just hope they find a guy who fits in with this staff and is SMART and able to adapt to what we have on the roster instead of being a guy who tries to force us into whatever system he likes to run.

This hire is hugely important for us going into next season.
I just feel like we can never get settled. Right when we do with Shurmur, he has to go to a new team.

I hate Ben Macadoo. We were linked to Mike McCoy who I wouldnt mind at all. He's always been known as a great offensive mind
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

I would think outside the organization Mike McCoy, Ben McAdoo, and Darelle Bevel are all names to watch.

Kevin Stefanski if they stay within the organization, but he has no play calling experience.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.