Next years QB

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

kidfozzy.
Starter

Re: Next years QB

Post by kidfozzy. »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:To say we should let case walk and let teddy take over is a joke. You have trust in Teddy who’s done nothing special with this team and we have no idea if he can’t even play worth a damn but we wanna give up on the guy that brought us to the NFC championship? Seriously? I don’t get it. I’m done for the night

If we franchise tag Keenum for over $16 million next season, I will be livid. We need to extend our defensive players.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Give a 2nd for Alex Smith if he'll restructure for less than Case.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
SkolVikings69
Practice Squad

Post by SkolVikings69 »

None of these guys are worth paying. If we get Teddy at his last year of his rookie contract rate, then I’d go with Teddy. I think he’d be Keenan’s equal with a full camp and Cook back. Does anyone know if we get him next year on the last year of his rookie deal?
SkolVikings69
Practice Squad

Post by SkolVikings69 »

kidfozzy. wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:To say we should let case walk and let teddy take over is a joke. You have trust in Teddy who’s done nothing special with this team and we have no idea if he can’t even play worth a damn but we wanna give up on the guy that brought us to the NFC championship? Seriously? I don’t get it. I’m done for the night

If we franchise tag Keenum for over $16 million next season, I will be livid. We need to extend our defensive players.
+1
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

S197 wrote:Give a 2nd for Alex Smith if he'll restructure for less than Case.

It will be attractive place for FA to come to the Vikings with their team and new facilities.
We need to give it a little while and see what our options are.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

S197 wrote:Give a 2nd for Alex Smith if he'll restructure for less than Case.

I'd rather have Alex if we could get him for our 2nd. Mainly because I dont trust Rick drafting a good QB. It beats putting the tag on Case, which is probably would happen. Smith has a stronger arm, pain and simple. And the way Case couldnt feels the pass rush today or side swipe it like he has in the past, was one of the reasons I liked him. And without Shurmur, can Case be all that good? Unless he doesnt demand much money, in which case, we could have Slotter as our #2 QB and see what he has. Either way we are once again in QB trouble. Happens every year.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Why is everyone so high on Alex Smith? Isn't his deep ball really bad? Or has he gotten better?
Anyway, the Vikings have no choice but to franchise Case, imo. If he can prove this year was no fluke, then sign him long term. If he sucks, you only have him for a year, albeit an expensive one.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Raz
Veteran

Post by Raz »

I don't get it either smith has proven nothing Kansas city playoff record is no better than ours and they drafted to replace him
Raz
Veteran

Post by Raz »

Something changed down the stretch and in the playoffs case got more conservative less mobile or something the big or explosive or lucky plays went down. Personally I think it was the coaches pulling it in
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Raz wrote:Something changed down the stretch and in the playoffs case got more conservative less mobile or something the big or explosive or lucky plays went down. Personally I think it was the coaches pulling it in
I agree. The coaches got scared. You could see it in the Chicago game. It was a totally different offense. They lost their aggression. I think Shurmur let his new fame go to his head.

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Why is everyone so high on Alex Smith? Isn't his deep ball really bad? Or has he gotten better?
Anyway, the Vikings have no choice but to franchise Case, imo. If he can prove this year was no fluke, then sign him long term. If he sucks, you only have him for a year, albeit an expensive one.

The Chiefs led the league in big plays. Smith has a great deep ball. I'm high on him because I think he gets overlooked. Case may be good or a product of Shurmur. Alex Smith is hamstrung by Andy Reid.

Honestly I think they're close but I think Smith has better mobility and a better deep ball than Case. Neither will be elite so you still need to look to the draft but I have a strong feeling he can be had for way less than a guy like Cousins.

PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

S197 wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:Why is everyone so high on Alex Smith? Isn't his deep ball really bad? Or has he gotten better?

The Chiefs led the lead in big plays. Smith has a great deep ball. I'm high on him because I think he gets overlooked. Case may be good or a product of Shurmur. Alex Smith is hamstrung by Andy Reid.

Honestly I think they're close but I think Smith has better mobility and a better deep ball than Case. Neither will be elite so you still need to look to the draft but I have a strong feeling he can be had for way less than a guy like Cousins.

Couldnt have said it better myself. But all that goes out the window if Rick wants to blow the wad on Smith. He is slightly better then Case, he is better at audibles and reading the D, and his arm is stronger. Why in the world do people doubt his arm? Hi isnt the most accurate QB in the NFL, but like Case, I think he can get it close enough to our receivers to make the catch. We also need to find out if Slotter worth keeping on the roster, or if we should try later in the draft for a QB to groom and let slotter go. Or keep both. I doubt Teddy or Sam are on the team next year, and I am fine with that. Love Teddy, but I dont see him as our elite QB of the future. Maybe we will never have one.

I doubt I sleep tonight. It feels like my insides have been ripped out of me like in 2009. I think I was one of the few people on this board who knew how good the Eagles were. And how the Vikings luck sucks. The gods hate us. Lets hate them right back.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

I was thinking I may need to get a game manager who won't turn the ball over and make good decisions. Alex Smith is that guy to a T. Just get a game manager in the defense will win for us right? Well after today's performance against Nick Foles that is Highly Questionable. Maybe throw all the money at Kirk Cousins I don't know?
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
VikingPaul73
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by VikingPaul73 »

Maelstrom88 wrote:I was thinking I may need to get a game manager who won't turn the ball over and make good decisions. Alex Smith is that guy to a T. Just get a game manager in the defense will win for us right? Well after today's performance against Nick Foles that is Highly Questionable. Maybe throw all the money at Kirk Cousins I don't know?
The queens could have Aaron Rodgers and 21 other all pros and would still find a way to screw it up. So this thread like all others is a total waste of time

Fire Rick and zim and blow this thing up
London Viking
Practice Squad

Post by London Viking »

Interesting to see what happens with Case now, I think I would be against investing in him for multiple years on a big contract as we don't know how he's going to get on without shurmur being there and even though it's going to be a big chunk of cash for a 1 year deal tagging him could make sense as over the course of the season he does deserve to have a shot at leading this side next year. despite the playoff wobbles.

I think Bradford is probably done now, his knees are shot you can't trust when he's going to break down next plus he's made a fortune out of the game over the years for well being injured for most of it. i'd be surprised to see him settle for back up money somewhere and I can't see a team paying him to be their starter in 18'

It would be great to keep Teddy to be a back up to case and with a full training camp and pre season games under his belt see if he still properly has it after 2 years out.

Obviously the new OC may have a big say in these decisions

ideal scenario
tag case
re sign teddy on a small deal
release sam