NFC Championship Game Thread: Vikings-Eagles

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

soflavike
Hall of Famer

Re: NFC Championship Game Thread: Vikings-Eagles

Post by soflavike »

Well, that's all, folks! We cheered, we complained, we laughed, we cried.

There's always next season! :govikes:
A die-hard Vikings fan in South Florida
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

soflavike wrote:Our secondary issues were not just Trae Waynes... Harrison Smith and Sendejo had a terrible game, too. Maybe Sendejo wasn't really recovered from that cheap shot against the Saints. Not sure what happened with Smith. Ertz had him looking stupid.
They gave up on coverage over and over, consistently letting guys get behind them and then frickin Nick Foles always seemed to have enough time to float it to them in stride with perfect passes.

The entire secondary sucked like I've rarely seen. They were all terrible tonight and Foles and the Eagles picked this night to be perfect, with lethal consequences for the supposed #1 defense in the NFL...
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

soflavike wrote:Well, that's all, folks! We cheered, we complained, we laughed, we cried.

There's always next season! :govikes:
Again...
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

I want Case back. We get Dalvin back. We have a team that can continue to be contenders
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

It was a great season. Enjoyed the ride. My son just gave his condolences for the loss. Life is good.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
petev_sj
Veteran

Post by petev_sj »

Last's years collapse almost broke me as a fan. This hurts more than 98 & 2010. We couldn't even give the opposing team a run for their money. Just completely fell apart.

I can't help but feel maybe we Vikings fan base deserve this. The upper midwest is Packers territory, always has been and probably always will be. We have no right to get in the Packers way.

Gentleman and very few ladies, I bid you adieu. My days a Vikings fan is over. No more American Football period. It's time for me to move on to bigger and better things.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

It's gonna be hard to post for awhile.

I really thought this team was the one. I can't quite wrap my head around what happened here today, but I refuse to believe the Eagles are that much better than we are. They certainly were today, but we obviously stunk up the joint today. Seemed like a combination of Philly playing its best game and us playing our worst.

So many questions now. Who's going to be under center? What are we going to do with this O-line? It was so good during the majority of the season, but we were only able to play the starting 5 for a few games. The defense ... how could they get torched like that? For six straight quarters! How will Dalvin Cook be when he comes back?

Such a positive season ending on such a sour, sour note.

Now we'll have to endure an entire offseason of pundits picking the Packers to win the North.

This just sucks.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

It does bother me as a fan that others fans just give up on their team. I mean hey, do as you please but I just don’t get that
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Mothman wrote:I was concerned after the high of last week's finish that the Vikes may have reached an emotional peak too early. I don't know if that's been a factor tonight or not but I've seen that happen to teams before. Maybe they were a little too happy to advance and not focused enough on the game in front of them?

Whatever the problem, this game was another playoff embarrassment. :( An offseason of uncertainty awaits.

TSonn, I hear you about Zimmer. There's reason for doubt.
Jim, you and I were just messaging each other about Zimmer. I'm done with him. He built a great defense but can't coach when it matters. This loss is in him more than the players, imo. They wanted nothing to do with the game after the pick6.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:It does bother me as a fan that others fans just give up on their team. I mean hey, do as you please but I just don’t get that
I don't either, brother.

This completely sucks. I get it. But declaring the upper Midwest as "Packers territory"? Bullsh!t. Absolute bullsh!t. This Vikings fan will NEVER say that.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

I think the Case was a fairy tale.
It's also very apparent that we need an upgrade and a healthy OL.
Offense was too predictable. Gotta have time but have to have the arm talent to hit those deeper throws.
Hope Case gets paid by someone, but the Vikings need a QB with arm talent.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

This game reminds me of the 41-0 game, where Denny had built an almost unstoppable offense only ot have it stopped in the playoffs. Then the next season was a disaster and it cost him his job. I could see that happening with Zimmer. I'm sorry, but I am not sold on him as a coach. Defensive coordinator maybe, but not head coach.

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
IIsweet
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by IIsweet »

PurpleMustReign wrote:This game reminds me of the 41-0 game, where Denny had built an almost unstoppable offense only ot have it stopped in the playoffs. Then the next season was a disaster and it cost him his job. I could see that happening with Zimmer. I'm sorry, but I am not sold on him as a coach. Defensive coordinator maybe, but not head coach.

I like Zimmer, but 1-10 in the playoffs since leaving Dallas is not good.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:It does bother me as a fan that others fans just give up on their team. I mean hey, do as you please but I just don’t get that
I don't either, brother.

This completely sucks. I get it. But declaring the upper Midwest as "Packers territory"? Bullsh!t. Absolute bullsh!t. This Vikings fan will NEVER say that.
Agreed. And it bothers me how quick fans turn on Case. He is why we are here. Literally given what happened last weekend
-Chazz Palminteri
SkolVikings69
Practice Squad

Post by SkolVikings69 »

soflavike wrote:
SkolVikings69 wrote:Teddy + another cheap free agent back up is the answer. The D sucked today but that’s who we are. Can’t overspend on any position in today’s NFL. The Vikings better not overspend on Keenum or Bradford.
We haven't seen enough of Teddy to gauge whether he is capable of being a starting QB. Even before his injury, he was "developing" and still needed to improve in several areas. Next year's starting QB might not be on our roster this year.
I don’t disagree. I only mean he’s the answer if they win the case that this is the last year of his rookie deal. I’m basically saying don’t pay any of them and start Teddy because he’s a deal.