NFC Championship Game Thread: Vikings-Eagles

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: NFC Championship Game Thread: Vikings-Eagles

Post by Mothman »

All I have to say is it's been 40 years since the Vikes played in a Super Bowl. I hope today is the day they earn a return trip to the big game! :govikes:
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Mothman wrote:All I have to say is it's been 40 years since the Vikes played in a Super Bowl. I hope today is the day they earn a return trip to the big game! :govikes:
For some reason, I have a weird calm about this game and season. Idk if that us good or bad, I suppose time will tell.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Thielen is tough as nails. Love that guy.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Ben Goessling@GoesslingStrib
·
1h

Vikings fans doing the "Skol" chant on the top of the Rocky Steps at the Philadelphia Museum of Art:
https://mobile.twitter.com/GoesslingStr ... 93/video/1
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

Mothman wrote:All I have to say is it's been 40 years since the Vikes played in a Super Bowl. I hope today is the day they earn a return trip to the big game! :govikes:
The last time they were there I was in Jr. High!
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
Demarates
Backup

Post by Demarates »

Philly boys can grease their poles as often as they want, that's none of my business.

We come to win. :govikes:
Tene Quod Bene
TeamChaplain
All Pro Elite Player

Post by TeamChaplain »

Lash Man wrote:
dead_poet wrote:Per Rapoport, Thielen is expected to play despite being in plenty of pain (low back). Sendejo (concussion) and Alexander (illness, rib) also expected to play. Per Schefter, Sendejo has passed the concussion protocol.

I worry about Thielen's effectiveness if the injury is as it sounds. :(
Thielen is a Viking warrior he will give everything he has and be very effective against the Eagles
Reports are that Thielen is suffering from small fractures in his back! It may be time to rest Thielen and start Floyd or Wright.
From the Fjords of ValHalla
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

I don't think I'd rest Thielen but I would hope Floyd or Wright would step up if needed.

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
TeamChaplain
All Pro Elite Player

Post by TeamChaplain »

Stacy Coley is amazingly good. It might be his coming out party!
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

Thielen can still be a good distraction or rub route runner if he's playing hurt.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

PurpleMustReign wrote:
For some reason, I have a weird calm about this game and season. Idk if that us good or bad, I suppose time will tell.

I've been a mess this whole season but am pretty calm today some reason. It still feels surreal I guess.
TSonn
Career Elite Player

Post by TSonn »

S197 wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:

I've been a mess this whole season but am pretty calm today some reason. It still feels surreal I guess.
Me too. I don't know if it's confidence or the fact that this team has already gone over my expectations for the year.
TeamChaplain
All Pro Elite Player

Post by TeamChaplain »

Demarates wrote:
Philly boys can grease their poles as often as they want, that's none of my business.

We come to win. :govikes:
Ha!!! It's good news for the Vikes, if the City thinks that fans will be rioting due to a loss.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

S197 wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:

Playing with house money?
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

In 2009 I was a wreck all week. In 2000, I was nervous because I knew our defense was no good and we had lost our last three games badly. In 1998 I was arrogant but I knew that anything could happen. Today, it just feels like this isn't really happening. I don't know how to describe it.