NFC Championship Game Thread: Vikings-Eagles

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

NFC Championship Game Thread: Vikings-Eagles

Post by dead_poet »

Per Rapoport, Thielen is expected to play despite being in plenty of pain (low back). Sendejo (concussion) and Alexander (illness, rib) also expected to play. Per Schefter, Sendejo has passed the concussion protocol.

I worry about Thielen's effectiveness if the injury is as it sounds. :(
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: NFC Championship Game Thread: Vikings-Eagles

Post by dead_poet »

Per Goessling, Bradford expected to serve as #2. Teddy likely inactive.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Cris Carter will be honorary captain for the Vikes today (was cut by the Eagles).
purplehaze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by purplehaze »

SKOL BABY!!!!! IT IS OUR TURN!!!!! :govikes:
“He's like a piece of gristle. He's got a great squirt in the hole"-- Brad Childress.
Lash Man
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Lash Man »

SKOL SKOL SKOL SKOL :smilevike:
LETS GO VIKINGS ! :rock:
Lash Man
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Lash Man »

dead_poet wrote:Per Rapoport, Thielen is expected to play despite being in plenty of pain (low back). Sendejo (concussion) and Alexander (illness, rib) also expected to play. Per Schefter, Sendejo has passed the concussion protocol.

Thielen is a Viking warrior he will give everything he has and be very effective against the Eagles
LETS GO VIKINGS ! :rock:
purplehaze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by purplehaze »

dead_poet wrote:Per Rapoport, Thielen is expected to play despite being in plenty of pain (low back). Sendejo (concussion) and Alexander (illness, rib) also expected to play. Per Schefter, Sendejo has passed the concussion protocol.

Damn Theilen injured scares me a little. With Philly’s pass rush and the shuffling of our O-line we need him for those quick slants like the Giants had success with earlier this year against them.
“He's like a piece of gristle. He's got a great squirt in the hole"-- Brad Childress.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Lower back stuff is unpredictable. He might very well get a shot and loosen up and feel just fine. Of course, the opposite could also happen--he stays stiff and just doesn't feel right.

We need him, that's for sure. I have a fuzzy memory of when he sustained that injury. I am pretty sure that he still played very well (made that amazing catch where the defender got called for PI and Thielen still came down with it) after sustaining the injury, which gives me some optimism that he can do it again today.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I hate that it is the late game today.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
w_huisman
Transition Player

Post by w_huisman »

“Light pole Crisco engineer”. Wonder how much that job pays! :rofl:

Seriously wonder who thought that was a good idea.....
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Texas Vike wrote:Lower back stuff is unpredictable. He might very well get a shot and loosen up and feel just fine. Of course, the opposite could also happen--he stays stiff and just doesn't feel right.

We need him, that's for sure. I have a fuzzy memory of when he sustained that injury. I am pretty sure that he still played very well (made that amazing catch where the defender got called for PI and Thielen still came down with it) after sustaining the injury, which gives me some optimism that he can do it again today.
Was it the ball where Case sailed it and he jumped out of his shoes only to have the corner hit him hard and carry him in the air backwards 5 yards?
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

dead_poet wrote:
Texas Vike wrote:Lower back stuff is unpredictable. He might very well get a shot and loosen up and feel just fine. Of course, the opposite could also happen--he stays stiff and just doesn't feel right.

Was it the ball where Case sailed it and he jumped out of his shoes only to have the corner hit him hard and carry him in the air backwards 5 yards?

You know what's amazing? The answer is yes, but he's done that so many times that I can't be sure that we're referring to the same play! Man, I love Thielen. I hope that dude can play and be effective today. The pride of Detroit Lakes deserves it.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

If Thielen isn't effective, I would hope Michael Floyd or LA Quan Treadwell could step up. Neither of those two have sine a thing all year.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Apparently Thielen is dealing with a couple of slight fractures in his back :shock: :(