Vikes open as 3 point favorites in Philly.

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Vikes open as 3 point favorites in Philly.

Post by 808vikingsfan »

So many threads now. I guess this is the closest to a Vikings Eagles discussion thread.

Another story line that I have not read about is the Kendricks brothers playing against each other. Which team is their mom cheering for?
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
Dmizzle0
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Dmizzle0 »

808vikingsfan wrote:So many threads now. I guess this is the closest to a Vikings Eagles discussion thread.

Another story line that I have not read about is the Kendricks brothers playing against each other. Which team is their mom cheering for?
She might have those two team Jerseys.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Dmizzle0 wrote:
808vikingsfan wrote:So many threads now. I guess this is the closest to a Vikings Eagles discussion thread.

She might have those two team Jerseys.
Looks like you're right.

Tim McManus‏Verified account

Here's the t-shirt Eric and Mychal Kendricks' family will wear to NFC title game:
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

germannorseman
Backup

Post by germannorseman »

We are not going to run well against this defense. I hope Shurmer is willing to let the jet out more in this. He should be able to have a decent pas game against the eagle backers. Runs up the middle by Murray are most likely going to net less yards per carry than he did against the Saints. Misdirection and counters might be more effective. Theilens injury concerns me. If it slows him down they can focus on Diggs more. His injury is the most concerning thing in this game for me. It can put us in a very mediocre passing game and gives Philly a serious advantage.

I really think this game is going to be decided by turnovers. He who gets the most wins. One mistake could be the difference in this one.

Hopefully the Saints didn't expose a weakness on the D that the Eagles can take advantage of.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

If Thelein isnt 100%, Wright is going to have to pick up his game. He has shown he can get open and can make the big catch. Treadwell and Floyd are just wasted space on a roster. Myabe they can get Kyle going early. Cause I bet we dont get 75 yards rushing. Unless our Oline has got their sh!t together.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

The linebackers' father, Marvin, is staying in California and away from the anxiety of the moment.

The first time he watched his boys play each other on the football field, he had a heart attack that night. That was in October 2011, when Mychal's Cal Bears visited Eric's UCLA Bruins. Marvin had been experiencing discomfort for weeks, but when he got back to his hotel room, he felt as though an elephant was sitting on his chest.
In an odd twist of timing, he now needs to have those stents replaced as his sons vie for a trip to the Super Bowl. Marvin said he will undergo surgery in about two weeks, and felt it best to watch the game from his living room instead of raucous Lincoln Financial Field. At home, he can simply shut the television off if he's getting too worked up or doesn't like how it's going.
With fragile hearts, Kendricks family embracing big moment
Spiny Norman
Practice Squad

Post by Spiny Norman »

PacificNorseWest wrote:...a defense that thrives on team speed.
Seems like our DEF relies more on technical skill than speed, witness Xavier being off-WR on Kamara's TD, yet forcing a Saints 4th with precision.
SkolScot
Practice Squad

Post by SkolScot »

Lots of snow here in Glasgow today so I'm taking that as a good omen. I'm actually taking everything as a good omen. Somebody wearing purple? We're gonna win. Someone was nice to me? We're gonna win.

Yeah, that's right, I'm desperate.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Svt40 wrote:I just hope our offense has learned to stop pumping the brakes once we get a lead. We need to be trying to score every single time we have the ball and not be content with just eating time off the clock.

That's my big worry....I kind of feel that’s what happen last week. We took a 17-0 lead and Zimmer got conservative with the offsense hoping the defense would close it out but the defense got complacent.
We just need to come out and stomp them and not let up....
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

halfgiz wrote:
Svt40 wrote:I just hope our offense has learned to stop pumping the brakes once we get a lead. We need to be trying to score every single time we have the ball and not be content with just eating time off the clock.

That's my big worry....I kind of feel that’s what happen last week. We took a 17-0 lead and Zimmer got conservative with the offsense hoping the defense would close it out but the defense got complacent.
We just need to come out and stomp them and not let up....
I blame Shurmer for the play calling, but point taken. Although I sometimes wonder if "conservative" play calling sometimes gets labeled as such when the offense simply fails to move the ball and sustain drives. If they drove 60 yards each drive and maybe ended with some points on the same plays would that be considered "conservative"?

Also: Foles isn't Brees. A 17-point second-half lead on the Eagles is a hell of a lot safer than the Saints.

We can't turn the ball over and can't kill ourselves with penalties.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Yeah but our defense made Cousins and Newton look good too. They are ok but not Hall of Famers like what they looked like against us. I worry more about our defense than anything.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Yeah but our defense made Cousins and Newton look good too. They are ok but not Hall of Famers like what they looked like against us. I worry more about our defense than anything.

Really? When there are things like our offensive line holding up, Case, Thielen's back and our running game getting anywhere to worry about?

I worry more about scoring points. Only slightly less is tackling Blount consistently (he always seems to run well against us) and getting to Foles with some regularity.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

dead_poet wrote:
PurpleMustReign wrote:Yeah but our defense made Cousins and Newton look good too. They are ok but not Hall of Famers like what they looked like against us. I worry more about our defense than anything.

Really? When there are things like our offensive line holding up, Case, Thielen's back and our running game getting anywhere to worry about?

I worry more about scoring points. Only slightly less is tackling Blount consistently (he always seems to run well against us) and getting to Foles with some regularity.
I've seen our defense make mediocre qbs look very good. Hundley moved the ball very well against us, but they shot themselves in the foot deep in our territory and came away with no points. I have confidence in Case and the offense enough to score 17 points, which should be enough IF our defense shows up.
The Thielen injury is concerning though. What is he listed as?

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

I don't know that offensive play calling was a huge problem. That INT and blocked punt can't be accounted for by the offense really.