Hello. Eagles fan here.

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Cliff
Site Admin

Re: Hello. Eagles fan here.

Post by Cliff »

EagleRob wrote:Heed my advice, come to the game...root for your team, but don't even have purple shoelaces on. Those laces may be the only thing they find of you.
God I wish I was going to this game now. You'd think I was Grimace with the amount of purple I'd be wearing. Sorry, that kind of thing emboldens me more than scares me lmao
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

EagleRob wrote:
Seattle injury riddled? You do know how many players we had lost up to that point already right? Starting LT, K, MLB, Pro Bowl punt returner and special teamer Marigoes.(sp?) You think Seattle's D was the reason we lost the game, I can see how you can come to that conclusion by the score. Wilson is why we lost the score. We just couldn't stop his ability to make plays. We had some costly turnovers in that came as well. Look up the stats... not just the score, we outgained them, held the ball longer, just made some costly errors. They won, so I can't deny that. But beating Seattle... in Seattle... is not easy. We all know that right?

You know where it's also not easy playing at?

PS. I'm purposely on here not to be confrontational and disrespect your board like the other guy. I've been on several football boards with Eagles teams... never came across this other poster on here.
I mean the Rams beat them 42-7 in Seattle. Seattle is not what they use to be. Hence why they didnt make the playoffs.
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

Uhh you only scored 10 points? And you can cite injuries, but you had your Starting QB in for that game. One could make a credible case that not having Wentz, but having all those other guys is probably worse.

Also the Sherman got hurt in that game and Earl Thomas didn't play. So you were playing against only 1 of the 3 elite members of that secondary. Still 10 points...

This is why I think the Vikings have a chance to make this game not close. If your D cannot frustrate our offense you are in trouble. FWIW, I do not think our offense is going to come across points easily, but I'm not sure your offense is going to do much to sustain drives.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

dead_poet wrote:My biggest disappointment is hearing (repeatedly) how Vikings fans shouldn't wear team colors or fall victim to assault.

That's equal parts sad and infuriating. It's a game. We're all humans. WTF. Maybe try not being an a**hole?
The "Linc". Only stadium ever built that included a 4 cell jail. I understand it has since been removed.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

I think in general, people put way too much stock in homefield advantage in sports. and before eagles fans get upset, I think the very same thing about the vikes. would I have liked them to be at home this week? of course. but I just don't think it's the factor that some fans make it out to be. hell, just look at these playoffs alone, Tennessee going into Kansas city and winning, Jacksonville winning in Pittsburgh. our fans were amazing on sunday and the saints easily could have won.

eagles fans will be rocking. they'll be loud. they'll be wearing dog masks. :roll: vikes might have a false start or two because of it. but until they start letting fans come on the field, they'll always be nothing more than a distraction that good teams can phase out almost immediately.
i'm ready for a beer.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

mansquatch wrote:Uhh you only scored 10 points? And you can cite injuries, but you had your Starting QB in for that game. One could make a credible case that not having Wentz, but having all those other guys is probably worse.

Also the Sherman got hurt in that game and Earl Thomas didn't play. So you were playing against only 1 of the 3 elite members of that secondary. Still 10 points...

This is why I think the Vikings have a chance to make this game not close. If your D cannot frustrate our offense you are in trouble. FWIW, I do not think our offense is going to come across points easily, but I'm not sure your offense is going to do much to sustain drives.
+1
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
KingLodbrok
Waterboy

Post by KingLodbrok »

Each fan base can make a case for their team winning this game. Everyone likes their chances because both teams have a good shot. It's really that simple.
ChicagoViking
Veteran

Post by ChicagoViking »

PurpleMustReign wrote:If either team scores 20, i think that team will win.
I totally agree, particularly if the other team scores less than 20.
EagleRob
Practice Squad

Post by EagleRob »

Cliff wrote:
EagleRob wrote:Heed my advice, come to the game...root for your team, but don't even have purple shoelaces on. Those laces may be the only thing they find of you.
God I wish I was going to this game now. You'd think I was Grimace with the amount of purple I'd be wearing. Sorry, that kind of thing emboldens me more than scares me lmao
Its not to scare you... consider it a public service announcement. :)

You can be the biggest... baddest man on the planet. But at the end of the day, its you vs a dozen drunk dudes around you.

It's not worth it.

I've been to other city's sporting my McNabb jersey. Had good convos with some Charger fans in San Diego. But Philly is another animal when it comes to Eagles / Flyers games... especially in the playoffs. There's no existing beef with the Vikings fans, like it is Dallas or Giants. But this is win or go home, so tempers will be on high.
When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like discrimination.
EagleRob
Practice Squad

Post by EagleRob »

mansquatch wrote:Uhh you only scored 10 points? And you can cite injuries, but you had your Starting QB in for that game. One could make a credible case that not having Wentz, but having all those other guys is probably worse.

10 points... I admitted we had costly turnovers in that game that cost us points.

We had won like 9 - 10 straight games at that point. We were due. I don't know about you, but no one thought we were a 14-1 team (discounting the Dallas game at week 17 that we laid down for.) Seattle ... at home .... gave us fits. There's no doubt about that.

"If your D cannot frustrate our offense you are in trouble." - Well I can kind of say the same thing. The only difference is, I think the game will be close, just because both our defenses are so good.

I will continue to see this game through my midnight-colored glasses with our edge being home field. I'm already worried about this game, I'd be A LOT more worried if we were playing in Minny. Why? Cause you guys are a better team at home.
When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like discrimination.
Rieux
Franchise Player

Post by Rieux »

dead_poet wrote:These are two very evenly-matched teams with "backup" quarterbacks at the helm. {The Eagles} have the advantage playing at home and outdoors and Keenum didn't exactly light the world on fire the last time he played in cold weather in Green Bay.
I'm not trying to express an opinion on the overall balance between the teams (I just hope the Vikings' OL can hold off the Philly pass rush for long enough for Keenum to complete short pass after short pass to Thielen, Diggs, Rudolph, McKinnon, and Wright), but the weather forecast for Philadelphia on Sunday is not "cold" by any serious standard. Mostly cloudy, high of 52˚ F (probably dropping toward 40˚ or so during a 6:40 p.m. game), not too much wind, 10% chance of rain. Pretty much perfect conditions for football, really.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Rieux wrote:
dead_poet wrote:These are two very evenly-matched teams with "backup" quarterbacks at the helm. {The Eagles} have the advantage playing at home and outdoors and Keenum didn't exactly light the world on fire the last time he played in cold weather in Green Bay.
I'm not trying to express an opinion on the overall balance between the teams (I just hope the Vikings' OL can hold off the Philly pass rush for long enough for Keenum to complete short pass after short pass to Thielen, Diggs, Rudolph, McKinnon, and Wright), but the weather forecast for Philadelphia on Sunday is not "cold" by any serious standard. Mostly cloudy, high of 52˚ F (probably dropping toward 40˚ or so during a 6:40 p.m. game), not too much wind, 10% chance of rain. Pretty much perfect conditions for football, really.
That's really good to hear.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

EagleRob wrote: "If your D cannot frustrate our offense you are in trouble." - Well I can kind of say the same thing. The only difference is, I think the game will be close, just because both our defenses are so good.
Thats the thing though, can you say the same thing?? If you defense cant frustrate our offense, we are a team that can put points up on you.

You guys arent built that way. You definitely were with Wentz. But not with Foles. He's not a gun slinger. He's not built to come back from deficits. That's why I dont know if you can say that. Chances are, both defenses play solid football. I still give ours the edge not because I'm a Vikings fan but because we are the #2 pass defense in the NFL. Eagles are 17th. We have a good QB right now, yours is below average.

So do you take a good QB vs. the #17 pass defense or a below average QB vs. the #2 pass defense that is also #1 in NFL history on 3rd downs?? That's where our advantage is IMO.

Our pass rushers are about even I would say. You guys had 38 sacks on the year. We had 37.
-Chazz Palminteri
NJSkol
Waterboy

Post by NJSkol »

just got through to 97.5 the fanatic (philly sports talk radio) and sounded the gjallarhorn three times and got a skol viks in before they hung up :banana:
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

:lol: