Hello. Eagles fan here.

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Hello. Eagles fan here.

Post by dead_poet »

Mawby wrote: I'm not a Saints fan and speaking from the #1 seed's point of view. You are scared and you should be.
:roll:

Please.

Troll level status: increasing.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

Mawby wrote: 14 of 17 were not the #1 seed. I'll leave it there.
And none of the Eagle's games they won were against anyone as good as the #2 seed. What's your point?
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
vikeinmontana
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by vikeinmontana »

Mawby wrote: I think the Eagles will beat the Vikes easier than the Falcons. You're just hyped by your D, and that's pretty much it. Keenum is nothing to write about. Just because you slipped by the Saints with a miracle play, now their fans are over-tooting their horn. You will see why we are the #1 seed on Sunday.
honestly, what are you even talking about? I know you're trolling but this is just weird.
i'm ready for a beer.
KingLodbrok
Waterboy

Post by KingLodbrok »

I don't think most Vikings fans are taking the Eagles lightly, at least I hope not. It's going to be a tough, tough game. I expect Philly's defense to be tough. On the other side of the ball, the Vikings are not facing Drew Brees or his weapons. Not even close. Foles needs to show me he can complete a pass over 10 yards. Minnesota is first in the league at holding opposing running backs to explosive yardage. I expect them to dare Foles to throw deeper balls and take their chances with a very solid pass defense.

I see 17-21 points as the number needed to win this game. Weather will not be a factor which is a bit unusual late in the season, not to mention this late in the playoffs. It's going to come down to not making silly mistakes for Minnesota like they did in the second half of the New Orleans game. Keenum can hurt Philly with mobility and he needs to take advantage when the opportunity presents itself.

It's a bit confusing why Philly fans would think the Falcons presented more of a challenge as Atlanta did next to nothing outside of a couple of early turnovers and they still had 3 chances to win the game at the end. Minnesota is going to have to make some key mistakes for that scenario to play out which is certainly possible I guess.
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

Mawby wrote:14 of 17 were not the #1 seed. I'll leave it there.
Yeah, there's some scintillating analysis. Way to keep those facts coming.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

I don't think anything EagleRob is saying is wrong. This is going to be a slobberknocker of a game. Just hope the Vikes come out on top.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Mawby wrote: I'm not a Saints fan and speaking from the #1 seed's point of view. You are scared and you should be.
Ahhh screw it!! I cant sit here and watch this Joe Blow run his trap any longer. Let's battle. First things first, you arent scaring Kapp nor anyone else for that matter with that dumpster fire you have at quarterback. You have a good run defense. You have the 17th ranked pass defense in the NFL. We are top 2 in the NFL in every phase on defense. Let me repeat, EVERY PHASE. Run, pass and total defense. And you think we're scared of your defense?? The #1 best third down defense OF ALL TIME. Versus a below average backup QB. But we should be scared?? :lol:

We have multiple weapons on offense. To go along with good QB play. Which you do not have. Your QB is averaging 5.3 YPA this year :lol: :lol: That is honestly pathetic. He hasnt seen a defense like ours. Literally not even close. The kid is going to have crap in his pants. But yeah we're all sitting here shaking in our boots over Nick Foles :lol: :lol:

Come on dude. I get it, you're excited your team is there but dont come on an opposing message board and say that we as fans should be scared when WE have the most feared defense in the NFL and a good offense to go with it.

And please, dont sit there and say "oh from the #1 seeds point of view". You sound clueless. Carson Wentz gave you that #1 seed. And you know just as well as the rest of the world that your team is much worse without him. Not saying you arent good, but nowhere near what you were. I can 100% GUARANTEE you that if your QB went down week 1 like ours and Foles came in, you wouldnt be sitting at the 1 seed and would be lucky to get into the playoffs. So dont sit there and try to act all big and bad bragging about your 1 seed. You can thank one person for that and he's done for the year
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

My challenge to the Eagles fans: Which defense have you faced this season that was anywhere near the effectiveness and talent of unit my Vikings will be bringing to town on Sunday?

You can look at Rankings and all of that, but team rankings are garbage. Which defenses shut down serious offenses? I'll answer it for you: The only one you've faced is Seattle. That unit completely decimated your club and that was with Wentz starting. So WHY, do you suddenly feel like your offense, sans it's best player, is going to suddenly make this giant leap forward in performance and blow up against a Defense that this year was even better than the Seahawks?

You guys are almost as bad as Packer Fans... almost.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

mansquatch wrote:My challenge to the Eagles fans: Which defense have you faced this season that was anywhere near the effectiveness and talent of unit my Vikings will be bringing to town on Sunday?

You can look at Rankings and all of that, but team rankings are garbage. Which defenses shut down serious offenses? I'll answer it for you: The only one you've faced is Seattle. That unit completely decimated your club and that was with Wentz starting. So WHY, do you suddenly feel like your offense, sans it's best player, is going to suddenly make this giant leap forward in performance and blow up against a Defense that this year was even better than the Seahawks?

Listen I'm not to far from PA so there are a lot of Eagles fans around here, they dont shut up....ever. Bills fans are the same way. And neither fan base has any reason to brag
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Eagles are better in the trenches right now. That's what worries me.
TeamChaplain
All Pro Elite Player

Post by TeamChaplain »

Mawby wrote:
J. Kapp 11 wrote:
Mawby wrote:The Vikings are in no way some offensive juggernaut. Don't believe your own press. The bring nothing the Eagles haven't faced already and beat.
See, this has been the same song that every Vikings opponent has sung every game this season. "Your offense is nothing special."

And 14 of 17 times, we've walked away with victories.

All this does is prove how little you know about your opponent. Let's just talk about receivers. If you think Diggs, Thielen, Rudolph, Wright, McKinnon out of the backfield and others are "nothing," then fine. You'll find out Sunday when your DBs are chasing them all over the field. You'd better hope you get pressure on Keenum because our receiving corps is THE BEST in the NFL. Period. That says nothing about our running game, which is also very, very solid. Kamara and Ingram were tops in the NFL in yards from scrimmage. Guess who was second? Murray and McKinnon.

This isn't our "own press." This is a knowledgeable fan base who understands what their team does well.
14 of 17 were not the #1 seed. I'll leave it there.
You're talking about the same #1 seed that came dangerously close to losing to the Raiders.. I think the Vikes are gonna do well coming to play at the linc.
From the Fjords of ValHalla
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:
mansquatch wrote:My challenge to the Eagles fans: Which defense have you faced this season that was anywhere near the effectiveness and talent of unit my Vikings will be bringing to town on Sunday?

Listen I'm not to far from PA so there are a lot of Eagles fans around here, they dont shut up....ever. Bills fans are the same way. And neither fan base has any reason to brag
I actually like the Bills. Great small market team that isn't the Packers. Plus, anybody that plays outside in lake effect snow gets props. Period. Eagles.... THUMBS DOWN! Especially this year. Although I do like Wentz.

I love these enemy forum threads. What a hoot. Great place to talk smack with abandon. The Eagles fans should be aware that they can garner our good will in two ways:

1.) Acquiescing to our profound purple superiority
2.) Dissing Green Bay. This always wins points with Vikings Fans. ALWAYS.
Honorable Mention: 3.) Shared hatred of the Cowboys
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

mansquatch wrote:
Pondering Her Percy wrote:

I actually like the Bills. Great small market team that isn't the Packers. Plus, anybody that plays outside in lake effect snow gets props. Period. Eagles.... THUMBS DOWN! Especially this year. Although I do like Wentz.

I love these enemy forum threads. What a hoot. Great place to talk smack with abandon. The Eagles fans should be aware that they can garner our good will in two ways:

1.) Acquiescing to our profound purple superiority
2.) Dissing Green Bay. This always wins points with Vikings Fans. ALWAYS.
Honorable Mention: 3.) Shared hatred of the Cowboys
haha trust me, if you lived around here Bills fans would annoy you....nonstop. I dont dislike the team. Their fans just drive me nuts because every year is "our year" and they still suck. But luckily snuck into the playoffs this year because the AFC was so pathetic.

No less I think the whole Bills Mafia thing is asinine. And the worst thing that happened, the media and Barstool Sports blew it up to ridiculous heights and the stuff these fans do becomes dumber and dumber. Mark my words, someone will die at that stadium within the next few years. And I'm not joking. I get it, I loved to party in college and do dumb stuff but this is ridiculous.

And to add on to that, I've been to that stadium many many times and I swear every single time I go, I see at least 2-3 fights. I've been to Minnesota 3 times in the last two seasons and once in 2012 and I have yet to see a single fight. Their fans are a bunch of dumb drunks that have such a pathetic team that they think it's smart to get powerbombed through tables of fire. I would say a good 50% of that stadium is filled with fans that get so piss drunk they can barely walk. And thats why you see the tables, fights, dudes passed out, etc.

^That's what I've witnessed growing up in Upstate NY.

At least Latavius Murray is from this area :smilevike:
-Chazz Palminteri
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Pretty sure this is everywhere. I live in Seattle. CANNOT stand their fans. 12s! Ha!
Mawby
Practice Squad

Post by Mawby »

dead_poet wrote:
:roll:

Please.

Troll level status: increasing.
Not trolling Commish. Just confident. Most comments here is all about how tough Minny's defense is at this point. Remember when we went up against Denver earlier this season, they had the #1 defense, and look what my Eagles did to them. People forget that. Even thought that was with Wentz, Foles is capable of doing the same as a pocket passer. All will see on Sunday. When this happens, anyone will see that I'm not trolling at all. I know my team. That's all.