Hello. Eagles fan here.

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Mawby
Practice Squad

Re: Hello. Eagles fan here.

Post by Mawby »

Boon wrote:You cant play the underdog crap here. You maybe could pull that cliche against atlanta, not against minnesota. Just stop, this team is essentially playing at this level with a third stringer, all year minus 2 games. Not very late in the season like philly. Bradford started week 1 and week 5, where he only played a half before he couldnt even walk. The rest was case,and bridgewater wasnt there til late in the season.

Every year some fanbase and team tries this. The ONLY team this applies to this year is the jags. If anything it applies to the vikings more than the eagles. Just stop
I can see you are scared. You are trying to convince yourself the Vikes are that great. I'll be back after Sunday, and you'd better be here to eat your large plate of crow.
Mawby
Practice Squad

Post by Mawby »

Texas Vike wrote:
Mawby wrote:The Vikings fans and staff are highly underestimating my Eagles. This is mainly due to Foles being the starter. He's not Wentz, but he is more than a capable QB, and do not be surprised at how well he plays on Sunday. However, our running game is what will be the key. Jay Ajayi is a monster back, and will be tough for the Vikings D to stop, in coordination with our tight ends. Our D is #1 against the run so it will be on all on your QB.

As I stated. We like the underdog role. We heard the same thing all week before the Atlanta game and look what happened, and I truly believe Atlanta's offense is more explosive than the Vikings.

I'm born and raised and still reside in Philly. We are anticipating the Vikings arrival.

Overall, it will be a tough game, but do not be surprised to find your team on the losing end of this one.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!!

I got stuck in your city on a transatlantic flight home recently and NONE of the locals had ANY faith in their team this year: the airport transfer van driver, the bartender, the waitress, the hotel lobby worker, etc.. Everyone I spoke to said that they would lose to ATL. So don't come in here and make BS comments about "Vikings fans and staff" underestimating your team.

This is likely to be a low scoring, grinder of a game. We all know that.
BS. lol. Stop telling lies on this board man.
EagleRob
Practice Squad

Post by EagleRob »

Wow... I've been "lurking" on your board since your win, not planning to join, just reading the vibe of your fanbase. Then you had to come down a little raw on my Eagle brethren on his opinion. Assuming he's really an Eagle fan and you guys aren't being trolled by one of your division rivals.

First of all, as someone who has been on your site for several days, he's right about you guys are kind of looking past us a bit. I get it, as fans you can do whatever you want, as long as your team is prepared is what matters. You guys took some pretty hard swipes at Foles. And let's face it, even Eagle fans wish that we had Wentz back there. But he had a pretty decent game last Saturday. But we are much more than Nick Foles, just as you are much more than Keenum.

Your D is the truth, there's no denying that. So we definitely respect your D. But from what I've read, SOME of you guys are disrespecting our D a little bit. Even going as far to say, "Well their D isn't all that because this team did this... or this team managed to do that." We could use that same argument vs yours.

To Boon: Yes, we can pull that crap here, because for the second week in row, the #1 Seed is giving up points.... while at home. That's BLATANT disrespect, which is fine because it motivates the fans... as well as the players. If you think that doesn't matter... look at the talk Pittsburg was having prior to the Jags game. They were already looking up hangout spots for that weekend in NE. Jags took offense to that.

To Maelstrom88; Let's not talk in absolutes here. You don't make it all the way to the SB... not to have a chance. Both our D's are good enough to give the Patriots a problem.

I think it will be a tough, hard-fought game. I don't see either team going into the mid-20's. I see it being close with several lead changes. I can't predict how we do it, but the reason why I give us the edge ( I know ... Eagle bias) is because we are home. If you think home field doesn't matter, then you do a tremendous disservice to your own fanbase. Because I watched your stadium help cheer your team to victory last week. Our good D, turns into an even better D at home. We'd be undefeated at home this season if we didn't care about the Dallas game at the end of the year. The last two seasons we are giving up just 14 points a game (including the 10 to your squad last year). So the question is... are the Vikings the same team on the road? I've already know the answer to that question, but in the end, it's why they play the game.

Here's to a great game, no injuries.

PS. If you have purchased tickets, you are more than welcome. Don't believe the hype one of your reporters spouted about their being gangs in stands. NO gang members come to Eagles games. Just don't wear any colors... cause you will get harassed. If you guys win....RUN! :D :D :D
When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like discrimination.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Some fans probably are looking past this game a bit, with the Super Bowl being at home this year. I don't think its actually got much to do with our opinion of the Eagles, but has more to do with the fact that its too painful to consider that after this, the 10th trip to NFCCG without a superbowl title, the Vikings won't be in the big game, at home, this season. The whole city will feel like funeral parlor if the Vikings lose this game and then have to spend the next two weeks preparing to host the team that gave the Vikings yet another heartbreaking loss.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
EagleRob
Practice Squad

Post by EagleRob »

fiestavike wrote:Some fans probably are looking past this game a bit, with the Super Bowl being at home this year. I don't think its actually got much to do with our opinion of the Eagles, but has more to do with the fact that its too painful to consider that after this, the 10th trip to NFCCG without a superbowl title, the Vikings won't be in the big game, at home, this season. The whole city will feel like funeral parlor if the Vikings lose this game and then have to spend the next two weeks preparing to host the team that gave the Vikings yet another heartbreaking loss.
If your board allowed a "like" vote... you'd get it!

Don't forget, Eagles fans know pain too. We are the only franchise in our division without a ring, something that those teams fans remind us ALL the time. Like you, we have "Championships" but most modern fans don't recognize them as being on the same level as a SB.

This was not supposed to be a SB year for us, more like a rebuilding 9-7. But now that fire has been lit, we will be devasted if we don't win the SB. If we can somehow win while missing 4 PB players and are starting kicker... it would make a great story to tell for the ages.
NJSkol
Waterboy

Post by NJSkol »

I live an hour from Philly and my buddy has season tickets in the club section. I have been to many games and have seen what Bird fans do to opposing team’s fans. Hence why I am staying at home and watching the game form my couch. You can not wear purple and you can not cheer your team on. Best case you get cursed at and stuff thrown at you worst case some drunk ahole takes a swing at you. Not counting the walk from the stadium to the car if the Eagles lose.
I have been to a handful of stadiums for a game and Eagle fans by far are the most aggressive. I have worn purple to Giants, Jets, Steelers, Ravens, Redskins games. The stadium atmosphere as a Eagle fan is top shelf and it will be hard to win there but can not wait to watch this game.
Mawby
Practice Squad

Post by Mawby »

As opposing fans we are supposed to agree and disagree. In the end, both teams will be fighting til the very end. I'm just surprised how the media and most Vikings fans have already billed themselves the win. Falcons fans and the media did the same last week. Was it a blow out, no. But at the end, the Eagles had the W. And I'm warning all of the overconfident Viking fans not to be surprised if the Eagles win this game convincingly or by a tight score. Yes we are playing the underdog card because it makes the win that much sweeter.

I cannot wait until Sunday. We'll be tailgating and then it's game time baby!!!
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Mawby wrote:I'm just surprised how the media and most Vikings fans have already billed themselves the win.
Literally nobody is doing this. The media makes predictions, but who the hell cares about that? What fans are billing this as a win? If they are, they haven't been Vikings fans for very long.

Where the F is this narrative coming from? The Vegas line? My God.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
NJSkol
Waterboy

Post by NJSkol »

I felt and still fell the Eagles match up better against the Viks then the Saints. This will be a hard earn win or a close lost.
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

Not trying to ruffly feathers here, but for the most part you've played a cake schedule to get here. In the regular season your best win was beating the other NFC pretender, the RAMS, in a shootout at their stadium. (uh defense?) I give props for the road win. That same Rams team came to MN and got held to 7 points. In the playoffs you beat the 6 seed, a flawed ATL team whose offense is a shadow of it's 2016 self. Again Kudos to you, but the Viking went on the road and trounced that team in their own stadium, holding them to just 9 points.

Your Defensive numbers in the regular season are enhanced by 5 games against terrible offenses. (CHI, NYG x 2, SF, and AZ) You also had three more games that are weak, a dumpster fire OAK team and two against a mess of a Cowboys squad that is as one dimensional as it gets. Against everyone else you gave up on average 25 PA. You relied on your offense to put up points to offset this. You played in the NFC East which for the past two seasons has been the softest conference in the NFC, despite media darling status. You also benefited from only playing just one (!) elite defense in the regular season. We all remember how that SEA game went. (And that was with Wentz.)

And don't tell me about 51 points on the Broncos. That defense was exposed this year as being a fraud, it isn't the same without Wade Phillips as the Coordinator. You were not the only team to expose them in the 2nd half of the season.

Your team has yet to truly have a Prove It win against a legitimate contending team. You beat the Falcons... who beat the Rams. A team you also beat. Well, you are going to get your chance on Sunday. The Vikings are battle tested and have taken the best of the NFC and emerged victorious. Our defense has performed against all manner of opponents and is better (and healthier) than the defense you faced in Seattle. Our offense, while not having the same pedigree as our defense has been more than serviceable this season showing balance between Run and Pass. The WR/TE group we bring is the most talented your defense has faced. In short, this is the most balanced team you've played.

I'm glad we are playing. All season I've said the Eagles have yet to prove it. On Sunday we are going to find out if you guys are for real.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

From Peter King’s MMQB Today: The other day in practice, Vikings’ head coach Mike Zimmer asked Harrison Smith, “Are you afraid of these guys?” Smith responded, “I am afraid of everybody. That’s why I play good.”
I don't think the Vikings are underestimating anyone. May the best team win! :v):
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
NJSkol
Waterboy

Post by NJSkol »

mansquatch wrote:Not trying to ruffly feathers here, but for the most part you've played a cake schedule to get here. In the regular season your best win was beating the other NFC pretender, the RAMS, in a shootout at their stadium. (uh defense?) I give props for the road win. That same Rams team came to MN and got held to 7 points. In the playoffs you beat the 6 seed, a flawed ATL team whose offense is a shadow of it's 2016 self. Again Kudos to you, but the Viking went on the road and trounced that team in their own stadium, holding them to just 9 points.

Your Defensive numbers in the regular season are enhanced by 5 games against terrible offenses. (CHI, NYG x 2, SF, and AZ) You also had three more games that are weak, a dumpster fire OAK team and two against a mess of a Cowboys squad that is as one dimensional as it gets. Against everyone else you gave up on average 25 PA. You relied on your offense to put up points to offset this. You played in the NFC East which for the past two seasons has been the softest conference in the NFC, despite media darling status. You also benefited from only playing just one (!) elite defense in the regular season. We all remember how that SEA game went. (And that was with Wentz.)

And don't tell me about 51 points on the Broncos. That defense was exposed this year as being a fraud, it isn't the same without Wade Phillips as the Coordinator. You were not the only team to expose them in the 2nd half of the season.

Your team has yet to truly have a Prove It win against a legitimate contending team. You beat the Falcons... who beat the Rams. A team you also beat. Well, you are going to get your chance on Sunday. The Vikings are battle tested and have taken the best of the NFC and emerged victorious. Our defense has performed against all manner of opponents and is better (and healthier) than the defense you faced in Seattle. Our offense, while not having the same pedigree as our defense has been more than serviceable this season showing balance between Run and Pass. The WR/TE group we bring is the most talented your defense has faced. In short, this is the most balanced team you've played.

I'm glad we are playing. All season I've said the Eagles have yet to prove it. On Sunday we are going to find out if you guys are for real.
this post got my pumped!! :beerock:
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

Ughhh I really cant take another opposing fan thread again.... :roll:

Count me out :giveup:
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Mawby wrote:
Maelstrom88 wrote:All I can say is there is zero chance Foles and the Eagles beat the Pats in the Super Bowl. There is a decent chance Keenum and the Vikings can. If the Eagles face the Pats they will lose by at least two touchdowns.
So in other words, you are saying that Jacksonville has no chance to beat the Pats?
I'd give the jags about a 25% chance of pulling an upset and with the Eagles vs. PATS I'd give the eagles sbout a 2% chance.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
EagleRob
Practice Squad

Post by EagleRob »

mansquatch wrote:Not trying to ruffly feathers here, but for the most part you've played a cake schedule to get here. In the regular season your best win was beating the other NFC pretender, the RAMS, in a shootout at their stadium. (uh defense?) I give props for the road win. That same Rams team came to MN and got held to 7 points. In the playoffs you beat the 6 seed, a flawed ATL team whose offense is a shadow of it's 2016 self. Again Kudos to you, but the Viking went on the road and trounced that team in their own stadium, holding them to just 9 points.

C'mon now... you can only play who's in front of you. Minimalizing our efforts vs this team, while enhancing our efforts vs another... isn't fair. That's like me saying, you guys lost to the Panthers, who beat, which means....

No, it doesn't work that way, each weak it's situational.

What Eagles are holding our hats on is that you guys aren't the same team out of the dome. And in our house, like you at your own... we are even better.