Congrats from WhoDat Nation

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

CrunkDat
Practice Squad

Congrats from WhoDat Nation

Post by CrunkDat »

Well, it's been a tough 24 hours. Just want to say that I can't speak for all of the Saints fans, but congratulations on a great season and good luck on your Super Bowl run. It just simply wasn't meant to be for us this season.

I'm sure you will hear many of us complaining about the refs, or this, and that, but the fact is we lost. We had no idea until this week how much the majority of you hated us after our last playoff meeting, but I hope we don't give you all that same vibe in return. We had chances to win the game and came up short. We definitely feel your pain from 09-10.

Most of us understand how ecstatic you all are right now. How you cried tears of joy, hugged everyone around you, and those of you at the game probably felt a bond with complete strangers as you left the stadium as long as they had purple clothing on.

We are still in shock over the ending as I'm sure you were when Favre tried an ill advised throw across his body and the field. It happens.

We will take this and learn from it and hope to see many of you in the Superdome next season when we meet again. Bring plenty of money to spend on Bourbon Street!! Good luck the rest of the way. Whoever won that game deserves to win the Super Bowl, as I feel we were the two best teams. YouDat.

If you have time, please pray for Marcus Williams. He has been a great rookie for us all year who kept us in ththe game with his earlier interception. I can't imagine how hard all of this has been on him. As bad as Saints fans and as good as Vikes fans feel, probably doesn't compare to the emotions he is dealing with right now.
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Re: Congrats from WhoDat Nation

Post by Mothman »

CrunkDat wrote:Well, it's been a tough 24 hours. Just want to say that I can't speak for all of the Saints fans, but congratulations on a great season and good luck on your Super Bowl run. It just simply wasn't meant to be for us this season.

I'm sure you will hear many of us complaining about the refs, or this, and that, but the fact is we lost. We had no idea until this week how much the majority of you hated us after our last playoff meeting, but I hope we don't give you all that same vibe in return. We had chances to win the game and came up short. We definitely feel your pain from 09-10.
Losses like that always hurt. We know!

I'm not among the Vikes fans who hate the Saints. In fact, I've been following Drew Brees since his Purdue days and he's one of my favorite non-Vikings players.
Most of us understand how ecstatic you all are right now. How you cried tears of joy, hugged everyone around you, and those of you at the game probably felt a bond with complete strangers as you left the stadium as long as they had purple clothing on.

We are still in shock over the ending as I'm sure you were when Favre tried an ill advised throw across his body and the field. It happens.

We will take this and learn from it and hope to see many of you in the Superdome next season when we meet again. Bring plenty of money to spend on Bourbon Street!! Good luck the rest of the way. Whoever won that game deserves to win the Super Bowl, as I feel we were the two best teams. YouDat.
Thank you!
If you have time, please pray for Marcus Williams. He has been a great rookie for us all year who kept us in ththe game with his earlier interception. I can't imagine how hard all of this has been on him. As bad as Saints fans and as good as Vikes fans feel, probably doesn't compare to the emotions he is dealing with right now.
I hope things work out well for him and that he's getting a lot of support from teammates, family and friends.
autobon7
All Pro Elite Player

Post by autobon7 »

What a game...... Very refreshing to hear from a civil Saints fan. As far as the rookie goes.....mistakes can be made by anyone but is especially hard on the rookies. I literally have no ignorant comment directed towards him.....like many on social media. Hoping he has enough support around him to eventually put it behind him and not let it affect or define his career. Also was concerned about your punter. Did he have a broken rib? Wish there were more rival fans like you.
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

CrunkDat wrote:Well, it's been a tough 24 hours. Just want to say that I can't speak for all of the Saints fans, but congratulations on a great season and good luck on your Super Bowl run. It just simply wasn't meant to be for us this season.

Yeah, you dont. The majority of people on your forums and social media are busy sending the kid death threats and hoping philly breaks keenum's leg. Stay classy
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

What I can tell you is that you are literally the first Saints fan who has visited our board and taken anything close to a civil, non-trolling tone. So thank you for that.

I do feel sorry for Marcus Williams, not because he got beat for the game-winning TD, but because such a fine young player was so poorly coached. Great coaching is about attention to detail. Your coach was too busy mocking Vikings fans with his faux Skol chant with 0:25 left to bother coaching up his players during the timeout HE took. I'm guessing that if Williams was told anything, it was, "Don't get called for pass interference." It's bad coaching. Bad situational coaching. Guys like Belichick never let details like that slip. Neither does Mike Zimmer. Our team practices that very situation every single week, for that time when they needed 25+ yards to get into field goal range with no timeouts. The Vikings work on situations. If Sean Payton was actually a great coach, he would have gone over that situation many times with his team -- let the guy catch it ... just tackle him inbounds. Payton failed. But he sure looked smug mocking those Vikings fans.

Deion Sanders talked about it last night -- 90% of the DBs in the NFL play not to get beat. Very few go out there to actually make plays. Marcus Williams, a guy fully capable of making plays, was coached to not get beat. And guess what? He got beat.

So yes, I feel bad for the kid. I hate it when talented, dedicated players are poorly coached.

As long as Brees is around, you guys will be tough to deal with. When he retires, Payton might as well follow because the guy has no shot without Drew.
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
Boon
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Boon »

J. Kapp 11 wrote: What I can tell you is that you are literally the first Saints fan who has visited our board and taken anything close to a civil, non-trolling tone. So thank you for that.

Probably because there are probably a combined 5 decent ones in the entire US
KSViking
Veteran

Post by KSViking »

There are plenty of good fans for every organization. And there are plenty of A-holes abound for every one as well. Vikings included.
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

We met lots of good Saints fans at the game and around town.

There was only one that was out of line, gloating when they took their first lead at 21-20. She got told where to go pretty damn quick though and she put her tail between her legs and scampered off. Most of the Saints' fans were super civil at the game.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I wasn't at this game but I was at the week 1 game and didn't have any problems with the Saints fans. In fact, I had to defend a family of Saints fans against a rather drunk Vikings fan. But other than that isolated incident, I didn't encounter any problems from either side.

I feel bad for Williams but even if he makes the tackle, Diggs falls out of bounds (he nearly stepped out untouched so I doubt Williams could have kept him in) and the Vikings kick a FG the next play. FG's are never a sure thing, especially for the Vikings, but chances are good his miss wouldn't have impacted the final score. He's a promising rookie and just needs to learn from the experience.

I really dislike Payton but have nothing against the Saints players. Kamara looks to be the steal of the draft. Like I told the other Saints fan, I think our two teams are built to keep playing at this high level and will meet again under similar circumstance.