Shurmer ready for head coach interviews

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

TSonn
Career Elite Player

Re: Shurmer ready for head coach interviews

Post by TSonn »

Bradford on the Cardinals is a great scenario for him as long as our management thinks Bradford on the Vikings is done. I have no idea what way they will go but I will understand whatever route they choose (as long as it's 1 of our 3 guys).
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Bradford was a stopgap from the beginning, I think. I don't think they'll try to retain him after the injury problems he's had.
Pondering Her Percy
Hall of Famer

Post by Pondering Her Percy »

I still believe that we can sign both Case and Teddy. A lot of people are saying we cant. My whole reasoning behind it....

Teddy cant go out there and say "Hey, I want $20 mill a year". How can he?? Nobody, including the Vikings know what they have in him until you see him in game action. So I feel like we can retain him for cheap. As for Case, his price tag will be high, especially if he wins a SB but I dont see it being way out of the park. I think it's possible we keep both Case and Teddy
The saddest thing in life is wasted talent and the choices you make will shape your life forever.
-Chazz Palminteri
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Pondering Her Percy wrote:I still believe that we can sign both Case and Teddy. A lot of people are saying we cant. My whole reasoning behind it....
I don't know ... I'm thinking both will want to start somewhere.
"Hey, I want $20 mill a year". How can he?? Nobody, including the Vikings know what they have in him until you see him in game action. So I feel like we can retain him for cheap. As for Case, his price tag will be high, especially if he wins a SB but I dont see it being way out of the park. I think it's possible we keep both Case and Teddy
He's not going to up his value any more by sitting on the bench for 3 years though. There are a few different teams where either of them would be able to start, I think. Who knows though, perhaps they would both be ok with that situation.

If I were Case (and I don't lay an egg in the playoffs) I'd wait to see how the team handles Teddy before I signed. The team has shown how it feels about Bridgewater and we already know the fans will be clamoring to bring him in any time Case made a misstep if he were the starter. It just doesn't seem like a great situation when you could be the unquestioned starter somewhere.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Shurmer expected to take the Giants job, if offered. Per La Confora.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
me4get
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by me4get »

dead_poet wrote:Shurmer expected to take the Giants job, if offered. Per La Confora.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... head-coach
Viking fan since '65
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Texas Vike »

Vikings coach Mike Zimmer expects to lose Shurmur, sources told Mortensen. Shurmur is also a candidate for the Arizona Cardinals job.

A source told ESPN on Monday afternoon that Shurmur wants the Giants job.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2211 ... at-shurmur

:(
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

OC names for Vikes by @JReidDraftScout:

1. John DiFlippo
2. John Morton
3. Kevin Stefanski
4. Tee Martin
5. Harold Goodwin
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly