as always terrible officiating

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

tzinc
Backup

as always terrible officiating

Post by tzinc »

I give the refs some credit for the pi and holding calls but they missed a bunch as well - and NOOO if you hit a player early it is NOT ok it is a penalty (at least screwed up for both teams) what BS

Also the hit on Sendejo IS a penalty seen it called as a penalty not only was it a cheap shot illegal hit but interference
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Re: as always terrible officiating

Post by VikingLord »

tzinc wrote:I give the refs some credit for the pi and holding calls but they missed a bunch as well - and NOOO if you hit a player early it is NOT ok it is a penalty (at least screwed up for both teams) what BS

Also the hit on Sendejo IS a penalty seen it called as a penalty not only was it a cheap shot illegal hit but interference
They said Williams wasn't headhunting on that play, but Williams was standing after it and Sendejo was basically knocked senseless. There is no way that happens unless Williams knows the hit is coming and intends to deliver it.

I don't know how that wasn't a penalty.
Purple Reign
All Pro Elite Player

Re: as always terrible officiating

Post by Purple Reign »

Thomas saw it coming at the last second and was able to brace for it, Sandejo wasn't looking and didn't see it coming, that is why he got laid out. Even Rhodes has admitted that it wasn't a dirty play, even though he originally thought it was.

Everyone is claiming that it should have been offensive PI, but why wouldn't it be defensive PI? You could say Sandejo wasn't letting Thomas run his pattern. And if a defender can hit a wide receiver within 5 yards, then can't a wide receiver protect himself and hit him back within 5 yards? I think it was a good no call. They were both looking back at Brees and accidentally ran into each other. Just because Sandejo got the worst of it doesn't make it a penalty.