Zimmer Effect

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

84BreaksAnkles
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Zimmer Effect

Post by 84BreaksAnkles »

dead_poet wrote:How about this:

Andrew Sendejo has grown as a safety.

Andrew Sendejo still has flaws in his game.

FWIW, that's my assessment. He's come a long ways but he still has a tendency to turn into the human missile with arms that like to flex more than wrap. I've also been pleased by Harris' play. He comes in and you really don't hear much from him (which is a good thing). I like Sendejo more in run defense, and Harris' pass defense, but they're close. To me that's a signal of excellent coaching.
Couldn't agree more
Please just watch(04:39-05:18):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxXCuSyj18M&t=4m39s
This is a dog.
Compare that to this guy (00:46-01:01):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar3ioQywcAc&t=0m45s
"It's ok to hit the bag"
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I think Kapp got two different posters confused.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
J. Kapp 11
Hall of Famer

Post by J. Kapp 11 »

84BreaksAnkles wrote: Your obviously just trying to pick a fight. Please show me the quote where I said ANYTHING critical of Sendejo's positioning.. you can't just make #### up and use it for the basis of your argument. I never once said anything about his positioning. Now it's clear you misread someone else's post and attributed it to me, but that's ok. Just don't be so strong in your convictions if they are false.

So the evidence you have presented, is that the "analysts" praise his positioning.. big whoop, hope you don't trust them for all your opinions.....
If you actually read my post you would realize that I only had one specific gripe about sendejo, like I stated, I actually like most of his game. But you are lacking in your reading comprehension skills. Also, I don't understand the eagerness to get in some argument about something that misses the point of my post.

And what is so wrong with having 20+ GIFs of him missing torpedo tackles to illustrate my point?
I think YOU are the wrong one on this one, Kapp.
First of all, I made a mistake. Apology extended. It wasn't you who talked about Sendejo's positioning. My bad on that one.

When I say analysts like his game, here's what I mean. If one analyst says something positive about his game, nobody cares, including me. But when it's a consensus, that means something. Do I have a library of video featuring analysts praising Sendejo's game? No. But I routinely watch so much football and so much football analysis it would make your head spin. I'm pretty confident in what I've heard, and what I've heard is a consensus that he's a good player. Not an all-pro, but a solid, solid player.

And sorry dude, but having 20+ GIFs of a player making mistakes seems a little obsessive to me. I mean, you say you like his game, but then you collect GIFs that trash the way he plays? I don't get it.

Finally, I'll be as strong as I'd like on my convictions. That's my business, not yours. Yes, I was wrong about the attribution regarding Sendejo's positioning, and I've apologized for that. But that doesn't negate my right to have an opinion. Can we agree on that?
Go ahead. I dare you.
Underestimate this man.
84BreaksAnkles
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 84BreaksAnkles »

We can. And thanks for the apology. I apologize as well.
This is a dog.
"It's ok to hit the bag"
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

We should probably look at drafting a 3-tech DT. Tom Johnson is getting up in years. Jaleel may be able to take over but it's tough to say right now and he'll need a backup anyway. Honestly, the most challenging thing is going to be retaining as much talent as possible. We don't have the cap space to pay everyone so some tough decisions will need to be made. All the more reason this needs to be the year we make it to the big dance.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

84BreaksAnkles wrote: My only gripe is Sendejo. I admire his toughness, and he does make some plays.. but this guy is literally just a torpedo who tattoos guys (including our own - see Xavier Rhodes 2016) and refuses to (or can't?) wrap up. But he does lay the wood. If only he could learn to wrap.. :govikes:
If Zimmer didn't trust him, he wouldn't be out there. He's come a long way as a player.

With that said, he has upside as you point out. Learning to wrap in addition to laying the big hit would make him an even more complete player, and hopefully it is something he'll work on.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

He has improved and needs to tackle better...

He still does that kamikaze throw himself at other players
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
84BreaksAnkles
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 84BreaksAnkles »

S197 wrote:We should probably look at drafting a 3-tech DT. Tom Johnson is getting up in years. Jaleel may be able to take over but it's tough to say right now and he'll need a backup anyway. Honestly, the most challenging thing is going to be retaining as much talent as possible. We don't have the cap space to pay everyone so some tough decisions will need to be made. All the more reason this needs to be the year we make it to the big dance.
Im not sure thats true. We dont have to pay a QB big money.. and we've already locked down most of our guys.
I thought spielman got everson and xavier done early so we could have a lot of space the next few years. Am I mistaken on this?
This is a dog.
"It's ok to hit the bag"
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

84BreaksAnkles wrote: Im not sure thats true. We dont have to pay a QB big money.. and we've already locked down most of our guys.
I thought spielman got everson and xavier done early so we could have a lot of space the next few years. Am I mistaken on this?
Next year we're set to have 8th most in the league, around 55 mil if I remember correctly. Next year is manageable, we're concerned about the year after with Waynes, Kendrick, Diggs, and Hunter coming up.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

DK Sweets wrote:Next year we're set to have 8th most in the league, around 55 mil if I remember correctly. Next year is manageable, we're concerned about the year after with Waynes, Kendrick, Diggs, and Hunter coming up.

Yeah I would imagine they will try to resign keenum. Out of those guys I'd prioritize Diggs, Hunter, Kendricks, then Waynes as of right now. How about you?
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Kendricks should be first. Then Diggs if he can stay healthy.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Wait, why don't we have to pay big money for a QB? We have absolutely no one under contract next year.
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

S197 wrote:Wait, why don't we have to pay big money for a QB? We have absolutely no one under contract next year.
We can absolutely choose our QB, I'm just saying Keenum AND Cousins would be a ton of money and I doubt either would be happy with that arrangement.

EDIT: wrong thread, ignore me.
TeamChaplain
All Pro Elite Player

Post by TeamChaplain »

IMO, Zimmer is clearly the coach of the year. It baffles me how the media gives Zim and the team no respect.
From the Fjords of ValHalla
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

TeamChaplain wrote:IMO, Zimmer is clearly the coach of the year. It baffles me how the media gives Zim and the team no respect.
You want to know why we get no respect? It's simple. We don't have a superstar on the team to point to. No Brady or Rodgers or Gurley. Go back to the beginning of the year when the Patriots were 2-2. It was all about what was wrong with Brady. But what was wrong was their defense was giving up 32 points a game. The after week 5 when Belicheat threatened his defense to shape up or ship out (and low and behold they go back to 13 ppg on defense) all of a sudden it was "Brady is back to himself". You never heard anything about the defense, o only Brady. It's why Jacksonville get no respect either. No big name to put out there. McKinnon and Murray are the second best RB tandem in the league after Ingrahm and Kamara since Cook went down. When was the last time you heard them mentioned by the talking heads? They have almost as many yards as Freeman and Coleman from ATL, only they did it in 12 games compared to 16.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966