Who would you rather play in the playoffs, NO or CAR?

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

Who would you rather the Vikings play against?

New Orleans
22%
Carolina
59%
It's a wash/doesn't matter
20%

Total votes: 41

Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Who would you rather play in the playoffs, NO or CAR?

Post by Maelstrom88 »

mansquatch wrote:I think we are most likely to face the Rams in two weeks. They should dispatch the Falcons in a shootout win out in LA.

The Panther / Saints game should be won by the home team, but IMO, the Saints drew the toughest match up of their divisional rivals in that Davis and Kuechly have the juice to shut down the passing game to their two dynamic backs. The Saints should win this game, but I suspect it'll be a brawl. I'm looking forward to watching it.

My hope is the Panthers dispatch the Saints and then go to Philly and do the same to the Eagles. However, I think the most likely outcome is we play the Rams and again remind the national media that we are the best team in the NFC followed by a rematch of the 2009 NFCCG at home vs. the Saints. Time for the some payback.

I think the Saints are the most dangerous of the other NFC teams in the playoffs, but I think we should recall that it wasn't that long ago that our defense went down to Atlanta and shut down another dynamic passing game that features a lot of play to dynamic running backs out of the backfield. We've got what it takes to win against a team like that and NO does not have WR like Jones/Sanu.
Agreed. The Saints will be our toughest competition if we have to play them. Their only vertical threat is Ginn. Other than an occasional bomb to him they throw it less than 10 yards and run it. I would load the box and have me deep safety over the top on Ginn.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
VikingLord
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingLord »

mansquatch wrote:I think we are most likely to face the Rams in two weeks. They should dispatch the Falcons in a shootout win out in LA.

The Panther / Saints game should be won by the home team, but IMO, the Saints drew the toughest match up of their divisional rivals in that Davis and Kuechly have the juice to shut down the passing game to their two dynamic backs. The Saints should win this game, but I suspect it'll be a brawl. I'm looking forward to watching it.

My hope is the Panthers dispatch the Saints and then go to Philly and do the same to the Eagles. However, I think the most likely outcome is we play the Rams and again remind the national media that we are the best team in the NFC followed by a rematch of the 2009 NFCCG at home vs. the Saints. Time for the some payback.

I think the Saints are the most dangerous of the other NFC teams in the playoffs, but I think we should recall that it wasn't that long ago that our defense went down to Atlanta and shut down another dynamic passing game that features a lot of play to dynamic running backs out of the backfield. We've got what it takes to win against a team like that and NO does not have WR like Jones/Sanu.
This would be the most likely outcome. I agree that it is a tall order for Atlanta to go to the Rams and win, but one thing that favors the Falcons is their relative experience at key positions compared to the relative inexperience of the Rams at key positions, most notably QB and RB. I also think the Falcons are a team that can play at a higher level than the Rams if they're clicking on all cylinders, which they haven't done much yet this year, but the talent is there to do it and they've shown they can do it. While I think the Rams will prevail, this is the first round game I'm least sure of.

In terms of the Saints and Panthers, the Saints won both games against the Panthers this year and they are divisional rivals. It is TOUGH for any team to beat a divisional rival 3 times in the same year. While I think the Saints are the better team overall, I could see the Panthers finding a way to win that game.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I want both games to go to 3 overtimes.
Demarates
Backup

Post by Demarates »

J. Kapp 11 wrote:This is easy. Carolina.

The Panthers gained 121 of their 345 total yards on two rushing plays. Those two plays produced 14 points out of 31. My money is on them not doing that again.

Plus, Cam had his usual terrible game as a passer, generating a whopping 134 yards and a 64 passer rating. Let's see him do better at USB.

New Orleans can run the ball, and they have Brees. Plus, Kamara is more dangerous than anybody Carolina has, including Cam. To me, the Saints are a bigger threat.
Could not agree more. :thumbsup:
Tene Quod Bene
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mansquatch »

S197 wrote:I want both games to go to 3 overtimes.

How do I block you again?

J/K :v):
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
Grashopa
Franchise Player

Post by Grashopa »

I would prefer for us to Just line up all 5 teams and beat them all so there would be no doubt that we deserve to be the champs. Heck, we could even play 4 Superbowls (Pats, Steelers, Jags and Chiefs) and why not play the combined force of the Giants and Cowboys in a game also, just to make sure.
Formerly AADPFan
TeamChaplain
All Pro Elite Player

Post by TeamChaplain »

Rams first, then Carolina.
From the Fjords of ValHalla
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

The one and only reason the Rams scare me.

https://www.theringer.com/platform/amp/ ... ssion=true

Sirles vs. Donald will be a trainwreck.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dkoby
All Pro Elite Player

Post by dkoby »

dead_poet wrote:The one and only reason the Rams scare me.

https://www.theringer.com/platform/amp/ ... ssion=true

Sirles vs. Donald will be a trainwreck.

I’m betting that Donald will be doubled every play, at least that would be my game plan.
The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds,the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps.
Elenore Roosevelt. 1945
Brad H
Waterboy

Post by Brad H »

I'd much rather play Carolina than New Orleans. The Panthers are fairly one-dimentional on offense and don't have a ton of firepower. In addition, we played them on grass last time, and they are more of a mudder team than the Vikings.

Having said that, I think we'll be playing the Rams, who are a more complete team than either New Orleans or Carolina.
DEFENSE STARTS AT THE CORNERS
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Rams worry me. Had they scored at the 1 or whatever instead of that fumble at the goal line, that game was probably much different.
Brad H
Waterboy

Post by Brad H »

PacificNorseWest wrote:Rams worry me. Had they scored at the 1 or whatever instead of that fumble at the goal line, that game was probably much different.
Who worries you more, the Rams or the Vikings themselves?
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Brad H wrote: Who worries you more, the Rams or the Vikings themselves?
Vikings.
Brad H
Waterboy

Post by Brad H »

PacificNorseWest wrote: Vikings.
Above all, I fear the guys wearing black and white stripes on the field.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Forbath is our weakest link, followed by Sirles. Im not real big on Hill anymore either. At least we know Morgan can make some key catches if Kyle doesnt play, but we would really miss him.