2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes, etc)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

Post by PurpleMustReign »

dead_poet wrote: Welcome Brad! :welcome

[begins process of deleting this thread and installing a rule that everybody will be named Brad from now on]
Welcome, Brad! And Thanks, Brad for creating the rule. Say, has anyone heard from Brad lately?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Shouldn't Brad be introducing himself in the proper thread? MODS!!!

Welcome Brad! Used to live in OC several years ago. Miss it a little.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

S197 wrote:NFL has clarified that even though the NFC team will be the visitors for Super Bowl LII, should the Vikings make it, they will practice at home in Eden Prairie and use their home locker room.
Not crystal clear yet.
And while the Vikings haven’t been told whether or not they’ll be able to utilize their typical gameday production elements, the NFL’s focus on equity means use of normal home-game features — the Gjallarhorn, the fire-breathing dragon ship during player introductions, the exhortations for fans to send decibel levels soaring on opposing offense’s third downs — likely would be limited, if available at all.
http://m.startribune.com/even-with-nfc- ... 467938353/
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
John_Viveiros
Career Elite Player

Post by John_Viveiros »

dead_poet wrote:Vikings signed CFL WR Brandon Zylstra to a futures deal today. Giving him guaranteed money well above standard for a CFL player. He caught 100 passes for 1,687 yards this year. He apparently had a lot of offers.
From the way-back machine, my sister went to high school in Apple Valley Minnesota with a girl who I think ended up as a Vikings cheerleader (in the 1980's) with the last name of Zylstra (it can't be that common). That girl would be old enough to be Brandon's mother, of course. I was struck by the coincidence and the Minnesota connection. Anyone have any way of checking that out?
PsyDanny
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PsyDanny »

808vikingsfan wrote: Not crystal clear yet. http://m.startribune.com/even-with-nfc- ... 467938353/

Wouldn't it be cool if someone could make a mobile app that could coordinate a stadium (and maybe beyond) in a Skol Chant? Maybe something that sets up a coordinated stomp stomp to replicate the drum, and setting up the timing for the V-clap and Skol chant.

Make that stadium our home, whether the NFL likes it or not?

Someone out there good with coding?
"My anterior orifice is forever causing me extreme difficulty;
therefore, I shall endeavor to acquire some self-control."
Grashopa
Franchise Player

Post by Grashopa »

S197 wrote:NFL has clarified that even though the NFC team will be the visitors for Super Bowl LII, should the Vikings make it, they will practice at home in Eden Prairie and use their home locker room.
I have been wondering who would be announcing the super bowl, Alan Roach? He is a professional and I'm sure he would announce the game with similar amounts of excitement for both sides, but a little extra excitement for the Vikings could tip the scale slightly more in their favor in their home stadium.... (assuming we make it to the SB).
Last edited by Grashopa on Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly AADPFan
PsyDanny
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PsyDanny »

Grashopa wrote: I have been wondering who would be announcing the super bowl, Alan Roach? He is a professional and I'm sure would announce the game with similar amounts of excitement for both sides, but a little extra excitement could tip the scale slightly more in their favor in their home stadium.... (assuming we make it to the SB).

Do they allow participant team's local media into the SB? At least that might allow for a "homer" audio feed!
Grashopa
Franchise Player

Post by Grashopa »

John_Viveiros wrote: From the way-back machine, my sister went to high school in Apple Valley Minnesota with a girl who I think ended up as a Vikings cheerleader (in the 1980's) with the last name of Zylstra (it can't be that common). That girl would be old enough to be Brandon's mother, of course. I was struck by the coincidence and the Minnesota connection. Anyone have any way of checking that out?
https://www.dailynorseman.com/2018/1/3/ ... s-contract
Zylstra was born in Spicer, Minnesota, and played his high school football at New London-Spicer High School. From there went on to play college football at Concordia-Moorhead.
Formerly AADPFan
Ohjay
Veteran

Post by Ohjay »

PsyDanny wrote: Wouldn't it be cool if someone could make a mobile app that could coordinate a stadium (and maybe beyond) in a Skol Chant? Maybe something that sets up a coordinated stomp stomp to replicate the drum, and setting up the timing for the V-clap and Skol chant.

Make that stadium our home, whether the NFL likes it or not?

Someone out there good with coding?
Cool idea, but I don't think it's necessary.
The Vikings fans have been able to get Skol chants going at away games, without aid from tech. I imagine it won't be an issue in our own stadium either. :rock:

But yeah, I can code. Not much experience with phone apps, but could probably whip up an android app :)
PsyDanny
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PsyDanny »

Ohjay wrote: Cool idea, but I don't think it's necessary.
The Vikings fans have been able to get Skol chants going at away games, without aid from tech. I imagine it won't be an issue in our own stadium either. :rock:

But yeah, I can code. Not much experience with phone apps, but could probably whip up an android app :)
Have they gotten skol chants going in entire away stadiums, or just sections (such as Case leading on as he departed the field at Lameblow)?

I am thinking something that would like the entire stadium so it comes off as something similar to when it is lead off by the big drum?

Just thinking something like that might be cool, and could subvert the "NFL ownership" of the Superbowl game day experience. Make sure everyone knows it is our house through and through.

:govikes: :smilevike:
Brad H
Waterboy

Post by Brad H »

One quick question related to something off-topic. I'd like to upload my own avatar. Is there a way of doing that? Figured it out. Ignore
Last edited by Brad H on Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DEFENSE STARTS AT THE CORNERS
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

PsyDanny wrote: Have they gotten skol chants going in entire away stadiums, or just sections (such as Case leading on as he departed the field at Lameblow)?
I thought there was another one in Green Bay that wasn't led by Case but I could be wrong.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
akvikingsfan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by akvikingsfan »

dead_poet wrote: I thought there was another one in Green Bay that wasn't led by Case but I could be wrong.
There was, it was in the third quarter but relatively weak. The two big ones that come to mind for me were at Atlanta and at Detroit. I’m sure there were others as well, but those two were the ones I recall being able to hear over the broadcast.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

Them Packer fans wasn't very happy... first we wouldn't let them score in their own stadium. And then we started the Skol chant.

:govikes:
Ohjay
Veteran

Post by Ohjay »

PsyDanny wrote: Have they gotten skol chants going in entire away stadiums, or just sections (such as Case leading on as he departed the field at Lameblow)?

I am thinking something that would like the entire stadium so it comes off as something similar to when it is lead off by the big drum?

Just thinking something like that might be cool, and could subvert the "NFL ownership" of the Superbowl game day experience. Make sure everyone knows it is our house through and through.

:govikes: :smilevike:
The glimpses I've seen from broadcasts and media coverage has pointed to that it's entire stadiums.