2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes, etc)

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: 2017 Season General Comments (pressers, practice notes,

Post by 808vikingsfan »

dead_poet wrote:
The stars are beginning to align
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

@ProFootballHOF Steve Hutchinson has been named a #PFHOF18 Finalist!
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

808vikingsfan wrote: The stars are beginning to align
This.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

808vikingsfan wrote: The stars are beginning to align
:thumbsup:
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

dead_poet wrote:1/2

Bradford back at practice. Per Seifert, if he's activated, he'd be #3 (sorry Sloter).

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0 ... 95289642-4

Video: https://twitter.com/SamEkstrom/status/9 ... 5792177153

---

Practicing: Elflein
Out: Rhodes, Ham, Rudolph, Harris, Stephen
Read Rudolph was seen in a walking boot.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Bears have requested an interview with George Edwards would be his first head coaching interview..
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Vikings signed CFL WR Brandon Zylstra to a futures deal today. Giving him guaranteed money well above standard for a CFL player. He caught 100 passes for 1,687 yards this year. He apparently had a lot of offers.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

dead_poet wrote:Vikings signed CFL WR Brandon Zylstra to a futures deal today. Giving him guaranteed money well above standard for a CFL player. He caught 100 passes for 1,687 yards this year. He apparently had a lot of offers.
Another Adam Thielen.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

What exactly does this mean, we have exclusive rights next year?
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

NFL has clarified that even though the NFC team will be the visitors for Super Bowl LII, should the Vikings make it, they will practice at home in Eden Prairie and use their home locker room.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

S197 wrote:NFL has clarified that even though the NFC team will be the visitors for Super Bowl LII, should the Vikings make it, they will practice at home in Eden Prairie and use their home locker room.
Cool. I was wondering about that.

Unfortunately I don't think it'd have quite the "home field" feeling as a normal game given how the tickets are distributed and the cost for us peasants. But man...it'd still be pretty amazing.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

S197 wrote:What exactly does this mean, we have exclusive rights next year?
Pretty much:
It's the same as a regular active-roster contract, with the regular rules for minimum veteran salaries, cap charges, signing bonuses, etc. The only difference is that it doesn't take effect until the start of the next League Year.

Teams can sign players to futures contracts as soon as the previous regular season is over, but the contract won't count against the salary cap or 53-man limit. Instead, it'll count against the salary cap and 90-man camp limit of the following season.

In the meantime, the player goes on the reserve/futures list and can't be signed by any other team.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1947 ... -contracts
Brad H
Waterboy

Post by Brad H »

Glad to have found my way to this site. For the past 20 years I have been posting in the Strib Site and a site called Talk Vikes. I finally opted to leave after some of the admins opted to start making up some of their own rules and arbitrarily deleting threads and posts of people they don't like. It didn't seem right to me, so I have ventured out of my comfort zone into a new world. Looking forward to it!
DEFENSE STARTS AT THE CORNERS
PsyDanny
All Pro Elite Player

Post by PsyDanny »

Brad H wrote:Glad to have found my way to this site. For the past 20 years I have been posting in the Strib Site and a site called Talk Vikes. I finally opted to leave after some of the admins opted to start making up some of their own rules and arbitrarily deleting threads and posts of people they don't like. It didn't seem right to me, so I have ventured out of my comfort zone into a new world. Looking forward to it!

Welcome, Brad. Glad to have you with us! :welcome

:govikes: :govikes: :govikes: :govikes: :govikes: :govikes:
"My anterior orifice is forever causing me extreme difficulty;
therefore, I shall endeavor to acquire some self-control."
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Brad H wrote:Glad to have found my way to this site. For the past 20 years I have been posting in the Strib Site and a site called Talk Vikes. I finally opted to leave after some of the admins opted to start making up some of their own rules and arbitrarily deleting threads and posts of people they don't like. It didn't seem right to me, so I have ventured out of my comfort zone into a new world. Looking forward to it!
Welcome Brad! :welcome

[begins process of deleting this thread and installing a rule that everybody will be named Brad from now on]