SB

A forum for the hard core Minnesota Vikings fan. Discuss upcoming games, opponents, trades, draft or what ever is on the minds of Viking fans!

Moderator: Moderators

purplenoway
Rookie

SB

Post by purplenoway »

Simple question: Can we beat the Cheatriots in our house?
mansquatch
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: SB

Post by mansquatch »

I think so. But I suspect Jacksonville might have something to say about it first. This is not a dominant Patriot's Team. The Defense is has weaknesses and the offense is not as potent as it has been in the past. Not saying it would be easy, but I'd rather play this version than the '16 squad.

I'd rather see us play PIT than NE.
Winning is not a sometime thing it is an all of the time thing - Vince Lombardi
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Post by PacificNorseWest »

Yes. No doubt. I think they matchup very well with New England. Minnesota's defense will give Brady fits and NE's defense is down quite a bit from where it usually is.
Maelstrom88
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Maelstrom88 »

Anyone who wants to beat the Patriots has to rush Tom Brady. If you can put pressure on him and hit him you have a good chance to win. I think this Vikings team could definitely do that but it would be difficult no doubt.
mael·strom

a powerful whirlpool in the sea or a river.

a situation or state of confused movement or violent turmoil.
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

Gronk would be my biggest worry. They'd need to dedicate Barr to him on almost 100% of the assing plays, but that hurts given how effective Barr is at blitzing. Kendricks will get eaten alive by Gronk..Same with Sendejo.
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

purplenoway wrote:Simple question: Can we beat the Cheatriots in our house?
I don't think they make it to the big game this year.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
Raptorman
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by Raptorman »

Maelstrom88 wrote:Anyone who wants to beat the Patriots has to rush Tom Brady. If you can put pressure on him and hit him you have a good chance to win. I think this Vikings team could definitely do that but it would be difficult no doubt.
Hit Brady and take Gronk out and you win. Simple as that. When Gronk has bad games, they lose.
Vikings fan since Nov. 6, 1966. Annoying Packer fans since Nov. 7, 1966
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

PacificNorseWest wrote:Gronk would be my biggest worry. They'd need to dedicate Barr to him on almost 100% of the assing plays, but that hurts given how effective Barr is at blitzing. Kendricks will get eaten alive by Gronk..Same with Sendejo.
Those assing plays can make or break a team.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PacificNorseWest
Career Elite Player

:lol:

*passing
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

PacificNorseWest wrote:Gronk would be my biggest worry. They'd need to dedicate Barr to him on almost 100% of the assing plays, but that hurts given how effective Barr is at blitzing. Kendricks will get eaten alive by Gronk..Same with Sendejo.
That's okay because if Barr gets within five yards of Brady the yellow flag will already be in the air.
halfgiz
Career Elite Player

Post by halfgiz »

S197 wrote: That's okay because if Barr gets within five yards of Brady the yellow flag will already be in the air.
Isn't that the truth.
720pete
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by 720pete »

I thought this thread was about Sam Bradford.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

720pete wrote:I thought this thread was about Sam Bradford.
It could be. How about Sonny Bono?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

720pete wrote:I thought this thread was about Sam Bradford.
No, its about the Super Bowl, which has nothing to do with Sam, unless something bad happens to Case.
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Hoo boy. Hopefully Zimmer can keep these guys focused and not reading their own press.

Why the Vikings are a Super Bowl Favorite
They say defense wins championships. And over the last nine post-seasons, the #1 defense in points allowed has not lost a home game. Pittsburgh and Seattle each lost a (neutral site) Super Bowl during that stretch, but no #1 defense has lost a playoff game at home, according to Pro Football Reference statistics.

And when the #1 defense in points allowed also has a first round bye, they have made it to the Super Bowl every time that’s happened (5 times) over the past nine years, and won it 3 times.
https://www.dailynorseman.com/platform/ ... ssion=true
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly