View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Who would you rather play in the playoffs, NO or CAR? 

Who would you rather the Vikings play against?
New Orleans 22%  22%  [ 9 ]
Carolina 59%  59%  [ 24 ]
It's a wash/doesn't matter 20%  20%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 41

Who would you rather play in the playoffs, NO or CAR? 
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post Who would you rather play in the playoffs, NO or CAR?
We will be playing the winner of that game.

Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:00 pm
Fenrir

Post Re: Who would you rather play in the playoffs, NO or CAR?
We play the rams if they win.

Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:10 pm
Veteran

Tough choice between those two. I guess I'll say carolina even though we lost to them and beat the saints. I feel Cam Newton is easier to stop due to inaccuracy. I think anyone they face us going to be tough though.

Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:14 pm
Waterboy

Would rather face a team we haven’t already beaten. Carolina

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:40 pm
Strong Safety

I choose Carolina because I want our defense
to smash Cam... he annoys me ... A lot

Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:52 pm
Hall of Famer

jackal wrote:
I choose Carolina because I want our defense
to smash Cam... he annoys me ... A lot

I'm not a big Cam fan either. He was so cocky before he was even drafted and has just gotten worse.

Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:20 pm
Hall of Famer

This is easy. Carolina.

The Panthers gained 121 of their 345 total yards on two rushing plays. Those two plays produced 14 points out of 31. My money is on them not doing that again.

Plus, Cam had his usual terrible game as a passer, generating a whopping 134 yards and a 64 passer rating. Let's see him do better at USB.

New Orleans can run the ball, and they have Brees. Plus, Kamara is more dangerous than anybody Carolina has, including Cam. To me, the Saints are a bigger threat.

Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:12 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

I think the Panthers are the easier team to game plan against but I would rather beat and pummel Brees and the Saints.

Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:33 pm
Career Elite Player

Carolina. The Vikings lost to them, but it was close and they could have won that game despite a multitude of mistakes. The Vikings typically play Carolina very well in the Zimmer era and I think next time they get to Cam.

New Orleans, while I think Minnesota should still be able to handle them, they are a slightly different and better team than they were week 1. Harder to game plan for with how they use Kamara now. Similar to McCaffery for Carolina except Kamara is much better and presents a mismatch.

Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:43 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

Personally, I'd rather play the Browns. :D

4th Quarter, 0:10 remaining, leading by 1, ball at home team 39, 3rd down & 10 to go,
Win Probability for the Saints: 99.76%.

Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:58 pm
All Pro Elite Player

I want to see the Vikings play the Panthers simple because of my dislike of Newton. I want the team to get revenge for the loss earlier this season. And I want to watch Cam be a little pouty baby. Beyond that, I don't care who the Vikings play. I see them getting a win in the division round almost guaranteed.

Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:26 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Candidate

akvikingsfan wrote:
I want to see the Vikings play the Panthers simple because of my dislike of Newton. I want the team to get revenge for the loss earlier this season. And I want to watch Cam be a little pouty baby. Beyond that, I don't care who the Vikings play. I see them getting a win in the division round almost guaranteed.

Can't compare (IMO) to the dislike of the Saints Org. Payton getting suspended, Brees the cry baby, Greg Williams.

So easy to dislike Payton.
https://twitter.com/ScottSmithFOX13/sta ... 1254002689

Plus, this has to be one of the coolest things this year.
https://www.facebook.com/MEMES.of.the.N ... 792015368/

Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:41 pm
Hall of Famer

808vikingsfan wrote:
akvikingsfan wrote:

Can't compare (IMO) to the dislike of the Saints Org. Payton getting suspended, Brees the cry baby, Greg Williams.

So easy to dislike Payton.
https://twitter.com/ScottSmithFOX13/sta ... 1254002689

Plus, this has to be one of the coolest things this year.
https://www.facebook.com/MEMES.of.the.N ... 792015368/

I'm no Saints fan, that's for sure. Gregg Williams should have gotten a lifetime ban for his role in Bountygate.

But I have to disagree about Drew Brees. There isn't a more solid guy in the NFL. It did my heart good to watch us beat them in Week 1, mainly because Brees usually carves us up like Thanksgiving turkey. Lotta respect for him. But not the organization. Not after what they did.

Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:58 pm
Hall of Famer

rams, let the saints and cam newton beat each other up before we play one of those teams

Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:49 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

I think we are most likely to face the Rams in two weeks. They should dispatch the Falcons in a shootout win out in LA.

The Panther / Saints game should be won by the home team, but IMO, the Saints drew the toughest match up of their divisional rivals in that Davis and Kuechly have the juice to shut down the passing game to their two dynamic backs. The Saints should win this game, but I suspect it'll be a brawl. I'm looking forward to watching it.

My hope is the Panthers dispatch the Saints and then go to Philly and do the same to the Eagles. However, I think the most likely outcome is we play the Rams and again remind the national media that we are the best team in the NFC followed by a rematch of the 2009 NFCCG at home vs. the Saints. Time for the some payback.

I think the Saints are the most dangerous of the other NFC teams in the playoffs, but I think we should recall that it wasn't that long ago that our defense went down to Atlanta and shut down another dynamic passing game that features a lot of play to dynamic running backs out of the backfield. We've got what it takes to win against a team like that and NO does not have WR like Jones/Sanu.

Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:32 am
Veteran

mansquatch wrote:
I think we are most likely to face the Rams in two weeks. They should dispatch the Falcons in a shootout win out in LA.

The Panther / Saints game should be won by the home team, but IMO, the Saints drew the toughest match up of their divisional rivals in that Davis and Kuechly have the juice to shut down the passing game to their two dynamic backs. The Saints should win this game, but I suspect it'll be a brawl. I'm looking forward to watching it.

My hope is the Panthers dispatch the Saints and then go to Philly and do the same to the Eagles. However, I think the most likely outcome is we play the Rams and again remind the national media that we are the best team in the NFC followed by a rematch of the 2009 NFCCG at home vs. the Saints. Time for the some payback.

I think the Saints are the most dangerous of the other NFC teams in the playoffs, but I think we should recall that it wasn't that long ago that our defense went down to Atlanta and shut down another dynamic passing game that features a lot of play to dynamic running backs out of the backfield. We've got what it takes to win against a team like that and NO does not have WR like Jones/Sanu.

Agreed. The Saints will be our toughest competition if we have to play them. Their only vertical threat is Ginn. Other than an occasional bomb to him they throw it less than 10 yards and run it. I would load the box and have me deep safety over the top on Ginn.

Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:46 am
Hall of Famer

mansquatch wrote:

This would be the most likely outcome. I agree that it is a tall order for Atlanta to go to the Rams and win, but one thing that favors the Falcons is their relative experience at key positions compared to the relative inexperience of the Rams at key positions, most notably QB and RB. I also think the Falcons are a team that can play at a higher level than the Rams if they're clicking on all cylinders, which they haven't done much yet this year, but the talent is there to do it and they've shown they can do it. While I think the Rams will prevail, this is the first round game I'm least sure of.

In terms of the Saints and Panthers, the Saints won both games against the Panthers this year and they are divisional rivals. It is TOUGH for any team to beat a divisional rival 3 times in the same year. While I think the Saints are the better team overall, I could see the Panthers finding a way to win that game.

Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:00 pm
Fenrir

I want both games to go to 3 overtimes.

Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:33 pm
Practice Squad

J. Kapp 11 wrote:
This is easy. Carolina.

The Panthers gained 121 of their 345 total yards on two rushing plays. Those two plays produced 14 points out of 31. My money is on them not doing that again.

Plus, Cam had his usual terrible game as a passer, generating a whopping 134 yards and a 64 passer rating. Let's see him do better at USB.

New Orleans can run the ball, and they have Brees. Plus, Kamara is more dangerous than anybody Carolina has, including Cam. To me, the Saints are a bigger threat.

Could not agree more. :thumbsup:

Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:52 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

S197 wrote:
I want both games to go to 3 overtimes.

How do I block you again?

J/K :v):

Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:57 am
Franchise Player

I would prefer for us to Just line up all 5 teams and beat them all so there would be no doubt that we deserve to be the champs. Heck, we could even play 4 Superbowls (Pats, Steelers, Jags and Chiefs) and why not play the combined force of the Giants and Cowboys in a game also, just to make sure.

Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:07 am
All Pro Elite Player

Rams first, then Carolina.

Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:09 am
Commissioner

The one and only reason the Rams scare me.

https://www.theringer.com/platform/amp/ ... ssion=true

Sirles vs. Donald will be a trainwreck.

Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:21 am
All Pro Elite Player

dead_poet wrote:
The one and only reason the Rams scare me.

https://www.theringer.com/platform/amp/ ... ssion=true

Sirles vs. Donald will be a trainwreck.

I’m betting that Donald will be doubled every play, at least that would be my game plan.

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds,the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps.
Elenore Roosevelt. 1945

Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:01 pm
Practice Squad

I'd much rather play Carolina than New Orleans. The Panthers are fairly one-dimentional on offense and don't have a ton of firepower. In addition, we played them on grass last time, and they are more of a mudder team than the Vikings.

Having said that, I think we'll be playing the Rams, who are a more complete team than either New Orleans or Carolina.

Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:21 pm
Career Elite Player

Rams worry me. Had they scored at the 1 or whatever instead of that fumble at the goal line, that game was probably much different.

Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:56 pm
Practice Squad

PacificNorseWest wrote:
Rams worry me. Had they scored at the 1 or whatever instead of that fumble at the goal line, that game was probably much different.

Who worries you more, the Rams or the Vikings themselves?

Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:02 pm
Career Elite Player

Brad H wrote:
PacificNorseWest wrote:

Vikings.

Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:18 pm
Practice Squad

PacificNorseWest wrote:
Brad H wrote:
PacificNorseWest wrote:

Vikings.

Above all, I fear the guys wearing black and white stripes on the field.

Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:29 pm
Hall of Famer

Forbath is our weakest link, followed by Sirles. Im not real big on Hill anymore either. At least we know Morgan can make some key catches if Kyle doesnt play, but we would really miss him.

Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next